News: Eastwood's latest work, "Jersey Boys," premiers in most locations on June 20th, 2014.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint Eastwood look alike - Hugh Jackman!  (Read 8731 times)
batarad

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« on: June 15, 2003, 11:56:37 PM »

Hi everyone!...Just finished watching Unforgiven...again...it's 1:00 am and had to find a website to post to before I forget to do it again.  I think that Hugh Jackman, aka Wolverine from X-Men, is almost an exact match for Clint at the same age. I would love to see Clint eastwood cast Hugh in a movie, escpecially if he ever does another Western theme. I think it would become an instant Clint Eastwood classic and perhaps pass the torch and keep Clints legend moving on into another Era. Let me know what you think!
misty71

I'm a guitar player

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2003, 05:38:33 AM »

I think that Hugh Jackman, aka Wolverine from X-Men, is almost an exact match for Clint at the same age.

:oOK...I did a search, and this pic is the one I think could almost look a tiny bit like clint

Im sorry Batarad, but I have to disagree with you completely on this. I dont think he looks anything like clint.
 And I dont think hugh would "Carry clint's legend on into another era"
 I cant picture him a western either. Sorry :(
 And again, I dont think he even looks remotely like clint, not even from behind

"I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police."
 Keith Richards
Brendan
Member Extraordinaire

go ahead... paint me.

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2003, 06:43:03 AM »

I'm pretty sure we discussed this before either here on the new board or the old board.

I think Jackman resembles a very young Rawhide-esqe Clint. He doesnt look exactly like him, but he resembles him phsyically.

batarad

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2003, 02:28:32 PM »

Ok...maybe I stated it a bit strong...not EXACTLY like Clint. And good job with the pic matching, you guys are right on the ball..., however if you see Hugh from the side profile, and watch his facial expressions in X-men...(with an open mind, I am nor trying to "replace" Mr.Eastwood, that is not even remotely possible), perhaps you will see what I am getting at, I have watched Clint from the time I was not even in double digit years (over 30) and was immediately struck by the resemblence in facial expressions and mannerisms.
zoso

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2003, 05:01:29 PM »

brendan is right, we did discuss this on the old board because i remember thinking and saying the same thing about his resemblance. i also seem to remember being shot down in flames by everyone else so don't feel too bad. you do have at least one guy on your side. ;D
jjgonski

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2003, 05:43:13 PM »

But do you think Clint would be caught dead in those sandels? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just because your standing over me doesn't mean we're gonna be taking long showers together
Dannyman
Member Extraordinaire

Your mouthwash aint makin' it.

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2003, 10:15:57 PM »

HAHA I know those are some cool sandals  ;)

-Danny

"I had vegetarian huevos rancheros, then some sort of a filtered decaf cappuccino that tasted like it was filtered through a jock strap."
Dannyman
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2003, 10:18:28 PM »

How do u post a picture? I found a pic of this guy..........I forgot his name, Huhg I think what ever, that looks like Clint.

-Danny

"I had vegetarian huevos rancheros, then some sort of a filtered decaf cappuccino that tasted like it was filtered through a jock strap."
KC
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2003, 10:53:37 PM »

You don't post a picture until you learn the guy's name, and how to spell it.  ;)

And if you mean Hugh Jackman ... the picture that's already here is of him. And he doesn't look like Clint.
Dannyman
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2003, 06:46:41 PM »

Yeah i know but i found another pic of him that looks a little more like clint.

-Danny

Matt
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2003, 06:49:39 PM »

Dannyman, check out the second post in THIS thread for detailed instructions on how to post images.
Brendan
Member Extraordinaire

go ahead... paint me.

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2003, 07:03:25 PM »

I see it in his eyes and nose. Other than that, I dont see much of a resemblence.

Thats a bad photo too. I was looking at some others (for comparisons) and thats where I noticed the resemblence in the eyes and nose.

Dannyman
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2003, 07:36:39 PM »

Darn it's a bitmap, oh well i don't want to go to through the trouble of converting it to .jpg. Lets just leave it at this, Hugh doesn't look like Clint  :)

-Danny

maddog_frenzy

Carpe fidelis

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2003, 07:52:26 PM »

That's eyes, nose, and SANDALS  :D

Anu Garg once said, "All life's wisdom can be found in anagrams. Anagrams never lie." Consider that Clint Eastwood anagrams to Old West Action. What we need here is a Hugh Jackman anagram or two, maybe that'll settle the issue:

MACH HAG JUNK
JAG HAM CHUNK
JACK HAM HUNG
HANG JAM HUCK

Nope! No resemblance, no reference to Westerns or extreme coolness!

That settles it!

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.
Joey

Sally knows only too well...

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2003, 07:55:06 PM »

I tend to agree with you on this one, batarad. Here's a post I made from the discussion on Clint look-alikes a little while back:

Re:Clint look-alikes
Reply #21 on: February 26, 2003, 06:23:21 PM

I've often thought that from certain angles, Hugh Jackman looks like a Rawhide Clint. The likeness is uncanny, especially in some scenes from "Someone Like You."

Even Hugh thinks so himself:

"Australian actor Hugh Jackman mistook a picture of a young Clint Eastwood for a portrait of himself. The Swordfish star spotted the drawing of Clint in a bedraggled antique shop in California and admits he 'had to look twice' because he thought he was seeing a pencil drawing of himself. But the real Dirty Harry legend is not so impressed with the hunky, young heart-throb. Jackman says, "I met Clint the other day at a thing where Warner Bros. promotes its movies to the exhibitors. I stood next to him as we were walking in. I didn't say that people think we look alike; I thought it was probably inappropriate. But I did say that I had looked at his early Dirty Harry movies for Wolverine because I thought there was a similarity in the archetype. He said, 'Great, great.' He was very unimpressed by that. The conversation didn't flow from there."

Source: World Entertainment News Network. All Rights Reserved

Sure, he isn't an exact replica of Clint, but from certain angles, if you weren't scrutinising so much, you could be fooled into the comparison. ;)
maddog_frenzy

Carpe fidelis

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2003, 08:23:20 PM »

Here's some guy's idea of what Clint looks like, and it doesn't look like Clint:

http://www.theartman.com/celebrities/clint_eastwood.html

Yeesh.

Matt
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2003, 08:30:06 PM »

I've seen some bad Clint Eastwood artwork, but that is by far the worst yet.
Brendan
Member Extraordinaire

go ahead... paint me.

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2003, 08:37:29 PM »

maddog_frenzy

Carpe fidelis

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2003, 09:43:23 PM »

As Spy magazine would quip: "Separated at birth?"

misty71

I'm a guitar player

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2003, 08:59:46 AM »

that pic is hilarious nightwing .....I was alone in the living room and bursted out laughing like some idiot...Oh man, sometimes I think I aint that much of an artist, but when I see something like that, my drawings are gold people, gold!

"I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police."
 Keith Richards
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T