News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »

Poll

Which movie would you like to see for the next Movie Night?

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot
4 (66.7%)
Bronco Billy
2 (33.3%)
Million Dollar Baby
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vote for Movie Night - July '06  (Read 7001 times)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 23, 2006, 09:29:29 PM »

It's been a long time since we've had a movie night. We'd like to do one on Sunday, July 9th at 5:00 ET (U.S. East Coast), which would be at 2:00 PST (U.S. West Coast), and at 10:00 PM in Great Britain. How does this time and date look for everyone who's interested? Post if you can make it, and if you do plan on making it, vote here for which of the three movies listed above you'd most like to see.
Xichado
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 11:51:42 AM »

I only have T&L on dvd. So, I'll go with that one  ;)

"I'm an idealist. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way." Carl Sandburg
Chessie
Member Extraordinaire

You're anything but a simple woman.

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 09:11:08 PM »

Bronco Billy because it's the most feel good out of the three choices.

The old dreams were good dreams; they didn't work out, but I'm glad I had them.  - Robert Kincaid, the Bridges of Madison County
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 05:59:25 AM »

I am pretty sure I will be there.    As for the movie well I just can't decide today so I will vote in a few days. :-\
Meridico

"The name on the grave is Arch Stanton."

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 03:45:38 PM »

I can't believe I haven't noticed Movie night until now.  Does anyone else have Instant Messanger?  We could make a chat and talk directly as the movie plays.
Looking forward to it. 
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 04:05:30 AM »

Unfortunately this clashes with a scheduled golf day.

Of course if it's raining, golf will be canned and I'll be here.

I had a great time during the Unforgiven movie night,I can't believe that was over six months ago. :o

I won't vote since I'm in the hands of Mother Nature but any of the three films are fine.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 07:04:38 AM »

I voted for Thunderbolt and Lightfoot.
It's a fun movie. Had never seen Clint smile that much in a film before  :D

I remember that a few months ago I wanted the next movie night to be Bronco Billy  :D

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 05:17:37 PM »

I've locked the voting so that if anyone wants to join us who doesn't have the movie, they'll have time to order it. And the winner is..... Thunderbolt and Lightfoot.

I'm hoping for rain so tgy can join us, and I hope to see everyone who posted in this thread here on July 9th, and I hope to see a whole lot more of our members here too.  :)

To those in this thread and in the general "Movie Night" thread who posted asking if we could do the movie night on an instant message program rather than the board, it is a little slower doing it here on the board, especially when you get the error message on the board that says that someone else was trying to post at the same time. Unfortunately, we can't do anything about that message. But, we'd like keep doing this on the board anyway. Some members don't have or don't want to use Instant Message programs, plus it's nice to have the discussions on the board for members who aren't able to join us, but who enjoy reading the comments afterward, and they can always add on with their comments and thoughts after it's over that way, too. Even with the slight delays, it's still a lot of fun. I have mentioned in the past that there's a place in each member's profile to put your Instant Message information, and anyone can organize their own Clint movie night or real-time chat discussions with other members who are interested.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2006, 10:16:53 AM »

Don't forget, everyone—Movie Night is tonight, July 9, 5:00 ET (U.S. East Coast), which is 2:00 PST (U.S. West Coast), and 10:00 PM in Great Britain.  :)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T