News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS Thread  (Read 165160 times)
Jonaki

Whistlin' Dixie

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2004, 04:34:17 PM »

Hi, I've been a Clint Eastwood fan since I was in short trousers. Grew up with his films - my father was a big fan of his westerns and the Dirty Harry films. For years my brother and I used to speak to each other in our own private lexicon, derived from Every Which Way But Loose and Any Which Way You Can. Basically it was Black Widow talk ("We're the Black Widows, feared throughout the land..."; "I put all the bikes on Beddoe to win..." etc. etc.). To anyone not acquainted with the movies, we probably seemed quite mad.

I wonder if anyone could help me - I have a picture I'd like to post here. I'm a bit new to the technology, so can anyone tell me how to do it in layman's terms. Does it have to be on a website, or can I simply send it from my hard disk??

Cheers!

mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2004, 05:26:31 PM »

Hi, Jonaki, and welcome to the Clint Eastwood Web Board.  :)

If you want to post a picture here on the web board, it does need to be hosted on a web site.  If you can email me the picture, I will be glad to put it on my web site and then send you a link so that you can post it here on the board.

My email address is:  [email protected]

If you have any questions, let me know.

LtColKiraNerys

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2004, 09:28:09 PM »

Greetings, fellow Eastwood fans!  At last, a board where I can use my favorite line from Heartbreak Ridge for my sig and actually get away with it!! ;D

"With all due respect, sir, you're beginning to bore the he** out of me." -- Heartbreak Ridge
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2004, 09:31:52 PM »

Hi LtColKiraNerys, and welcome to the board.  I've moved your post here to our Member Introductions thread.

If you're a Heartbreak Ridge fan, you'll probably enjoy our big film discussion that we're starting in a few days on that film. So stick around!  :D
donald

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2004, 09:27:25 AM »

im from america. the good ol' u.s. of a.
been a clint fan for over twenty years
allycat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2004, 01:22:23 PM »

Matt, I think LtColKiraNerys is a Star Trek: Deep Space Nine fan, from the sound of things. Nice one!

Get into the military spirit of things with Hearbreak Ridge.

Welcome to all!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
il buono

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2004, 11:56:31 AM »

Hi all.  I'm brand spankin' new, and very glad to be here!  Although I've been a Clint fan for years(especially the westerns), I've never thought about getting on this board until now.  I don't know why I haven't as it seems like it will be a lot of fun.

Dave

...big, mean, yellow dog, ....ok......

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2004, 12:11:35 PM »

Greetings to All!  Just joined the board last fall when I was in search of a particular watch that Clint wore in the movie "Bridges".  Lilly came to my rescue with unbelieveable information! I have been a Clint fan forever, "Bridges" being my favorite.  What a terrific resource the board has been.  By the way, if anyone hears from Lilly tell her to post!  Indianapolis is home- Indy 500 and Indy Colts........May all your bridges be covered. :)

I 'll only say this once, I 've never said it before..this kind of certainty comes but just once in a lifetime......
misty71

I'm a guitar player

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2004, 01:30:25 PM »

:o I think the number of actual active members has doubled since the last time I was around!
 No really, welcome to everyone, this is a great place for eastwood fans and Im sure everyone will feel right at home ;D

its also nice to see we have people coming from a lot of different places, and this thread is a great idea too :)

so welcome aboard to everyone who posted so far

misty
« Last Edit: April 06, 2004, 01:31:32 PM by misty71 » Logged

"I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police."
 Keith Richards
n1xae

I am n1xae

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2004, 04:42:10 PM »

I think that people from around the world.love the american west.and the american cowboy.some of the scenery in westerns is spectacular.and clint eastwood is the best representation. of the early western settlers.you had to be a very hard individual.also I think that clint eastwood is the kind of man everyman would like to be.as far as acting goes I think he is the best hollywood ever produced.I know it will never happen. but to meet him in person would be the thrill of a lifetime I am so glad that he has had such a great deal of success.thank for yor site best regards RAy............ :) ( ;):

just love clint eastwood.I think he is the kind of man every body would like to be
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2004, 12:09:18 AM »

Greetings from down under,I'm new here,I have been a Clint fan all my life.Any other Aussies around?Any news on the new boxing movie from Clint apart from what is shown at IMDB.com?
 ;)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2004, 06:12:11 AM »

Hi, tgy, and welcome! I'm sure you'll hear the same from several of your countrymen who are members here before long.  8)

Not much is known about the new movie yet, but see this thread in the News forum where we discussed it a bit (and "speculated" a bit, as is the wont of some of us!) ;)

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=2247

« Last Edit: April 20, 2004, 06:12:51 AM by KC » Logged
JSE

Email
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2004, 11:09:16 AM »

Just like to say hi to everyone and to introduce myself.  

I've just signed up but have been visiting the site for a while now and it is the best Clint site in existence.

I've been a Clint fan since I was in my early teens (about 15 years now) and have admiration and respect for Clint and his body of work.

I live in the South West of the United Kingdom having recently moved here from near London.

I previously had a rather large collection of all things Eastwood but as lack of space has been an issue I passed it on to other fans.  I used to belong to the Admirers of Clint Eastwood fan club in the UK that was run by Dave Turner (of the old Clint Eastwood Appreciation Society).

Although I no longer own much Clint memorabilia, I still enjoy watching the films and reading up on his latest projects.  

I have been to Carmel and Monterey many times and have had the pleasure of eating at both the Hogs Breath Inn and The Mission Ranch but unfortunately did not get to meet the man himself!

Hope to speak to you all sometime later but bye for now and thanks for producing an interesting forum that has kept me informed and amused!
masterchief

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2004, 01:57:39 PM »

Welcome to the board JSE  :D
Looking foward to disscussing Clint with you!
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2004, 02:10:58 PM »

Hi JSE - Welcome to the Clint Eastwood Web Board.  Hope you enjoy visiting as often as you can and look forward to hearing what you have to say in the various topics.  :D

I moved the thread where you introduced yourself from the Off-Topic section to this General Discussion thread which allows everyone to introduce themselves.
jjgonski

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2004, 04:51:57 PM »

I have returned.  It's amazing what kids can do to your life.  

Clint is one of the last living legends in the movie world and he continues to put out consistent, outstanding work.  Even at he tender young age ;) ;), Clint continues to challenge himself and I respect him for that.  

Anyway, it's great to be posting again

Just because your standing over me doesn't mean we're gonna be taking long showers together
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2004, 05:18:42 PM »

Nice to have you back, jjg!  8)
robbietan

NOYPI

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2004, 02:01:26 AM »

greetings from the philippines!
as we say here - mabuhay (close to viva)

guess i grew up with his movies, remembered a grade school classmate singing 'every which way but loose' during recess.

clint is so famous here that his 'dirty harry' persona is a welcome attribute if your running for mayor here - shoot the bad guys if all else fails

dvds are not THAT available so we have to settle for vcds, took a 'space cowboys' vcd with me during my work stint in africa - the guys loved it.

here's hoping that the guys lasts as well as his movies
if he ever comes to the philippines he'll probably get royal treatment and a free tour from at least TWO mayors that say they represent his 'tough on crime' persona.

mabuhay to you all
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2004, 05:58:41 AM »

Welcome! Nice to hear from yet another country where Clint is popular!
Savannahlee

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2004, 10:08:34 AM »

Hi fans , I just love Clint Eastwood, a fan since I was younger, when he was Rowdy on Rawhide. I knew then he would be special. Just wish I could meet him someday in person.  WOW ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 63 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T