News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My favorite list of westerns (eastwood and otherwise)  (Read 9759 times)
BLACKJACK CODY

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2009, 12:59:22 PM »

:-\ I'm not going to argue this point again after my final entry concerning the "ALL TIME FAVORITE WESTERN MOVIES LIST". Of all the entries I have read on this forum, I have not seen not even one entry that contains HIGH NOON or SHANE, not to mention THE OX BOW INCIDENT. I know this is the CLINT EASTWOOD SIGHT but he is not the end all of western movies, and I would also say that I LOVE HIS WESTERNS TO DEATH so enough said for me, I quit as of now to give any further input into your ALL TIME FAVORITES LIST. You all LOVE CLINT TO DEATH as I do so it is what it is for us all. Enjoy all the Westerns and thanks for the ride. ///THE END/// ;)

"FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS"
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2009, 03:56:47 PM »

Blackjack, do a Forum search on the three movie titles you mentioned, and you'll find they've been discussed quite a lot around here. Most of us like them all; most of us are even aware that Clint himself usually names The Ox-Bow Incident as one of his favorite films. As I said in this post:

I think The Oxbow Incident is the film he's mentioned most frequently in interviews as being one of his favorites ... he's revisited some of its themes in Hang 'em High, True Crime and Mystic River. He admired its director, William Wellman, greatly and was sorry he never got a chance to work with him other than his small part (which was originally supposed to have been a bigger one) in Lafayette Escadrille, Wellman's final film. (He testifies to this in the Wellman documentary, Wild Bill: Hollywood Maverick.)

High Noon was mentioned a couple of times in this very thread as being among a member's favorite Westerns.

No one is arguing with you ... we'd be happy to have you stay around and share your extensive knowledge of Westerns. Maybe you should check out this thread in the Off Topic Forum:

What was the last western you watched?
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2009, 11:22:19 PM »

I know I've mentioned The Ox Bow Incident being my second favorite western countless times here on the board, and I'm fairly certain that it made our top five westerns in the last survivor game we had last year.

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=7222.msg125423#msg125423

And in the end, The Ox Bow Incident made it to the final 8 films covering all the genres.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 11:33:58 PM by The Schofield Kid » Logged

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Christopher Openbrier

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2009, 06:25:21 AM »

That's a tough one because I couldn't possibly name them all.  ;D

Unforgiven                                   
The Good the Bad and the Ugly
For a Few Dollars More
A Fistfull of Dollars
High Plains Drifter
The Outlaw Josey Wales