News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movie night  (Read 105147 times)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« on: November 05, 2004, 10:12:12 PM »

Is this a dumb idea, or does it sound fun?

Since it would be so difficult and expensive and nearly impossible for many of us, being spread all over the world, to get together for an Eastwood movie viewing, we could some night watch one together here on the board. Anyone who has a computer DVD drive and who owns a popular Eastwood film of our choosing (Dirty Harry or A Fistful of Dollars might be good choices) could meet here on the board and we could all start the movie at the same time and discuss it as it plays in a thread on the board. Just stuff like, "I always loved that scene"... "did you see that guy in the background? He's hysterical", etc. etc. etc.

Now that baseball season is over, I'm looking for ways to pass my time. I've watched movies simultaneously online with a friend and we've chatted about them on Messenger while they play. It's a lot of fun. I wonder if it would be fun to do it here on the board, and if anyone else would be interested.

Let me know your input, and if it sounds like anything anyone here would like to do.
masterchief

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 02:15:53 AM »

I love the idea. I think it'd be brilliant to all watch a film together. I can even watch video's, because the PC is in my room, so I can watch all the Eastwood films I own with all of the board. Great thinking Matt.   :D

EDIT: Also, if it is a hit and alot of us watch a film together, we could tie it in the the film discussion that is going at the same time, then the film will be fresh in our mind. So say we are disscussing say 'Sudden Impact', we can open a thread where we all post whilst watching it, and then maybe move the posts into the film discussion board. Just a thought.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2004, 02:19:33 AM by masterchief » Logged
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2004, 07:34:58 AM »

I had thought it might be great to watch The Outlaw Josey Wales while this film discussion is still going on. We've had some good responses in the discussion from the few members who have participated, but we haven't really seen too many different members posting there yet. Maybe if we chose that one, more of us would feel like posting in those threads.

A problem with watching The Outlaw Josey Wales online together, though, is its length. It would be hard to stop and start the film and for all of us to stay together, and that one is one of the longer Eastwood films.

The other thing that could be a problem is the time that we could all watch. If we started the film at 7:00 Eastern Standard Time, it would be midnight in England where nearly half our members live. And only 4:00 on the West Coast. Or, maybe it would be better to watch it late on a Sunday afternoon, which would be early afternoon in California, or mid-evening in England.

If anyone else is interested, post in this thread. If we get a handful of us, we'll pick a film and time and see how it goes.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2004, 07:45:29 AM by Matt » Logged
Chessie
Member Extraordinaire

You're anything but a simple woman.

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2004, 07:48:23 PM »

Matt I think it's a great idea.  

My only concern is for the members who don't own or can't rent the film we're watching...  Then what would they do?

Other then that I think it's a great idea and sounds like alot of fun.  

The old dreams were good dreams; they didn't work out, but I'm glad I had them.  - Robert Kincaid, the Bridges of Madison County
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2004, 07:53:24 PM »

Well, we'll pick a really popular Clint movie... I'm thinking Dirty Harry, The Outlaw Josey Wales or the shortest of the Leone's A Fistful of Dollars. I'd think most of our members would have these. If not, at least the first two should be pretty easy to find to rent.

I'm glad this is sparking some interest. We've got three of us now. Anyone else? :)
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2004, 07:54:16 PM »

Count me in.  ;)
masterchief

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2004, 03:16:26 PM »

Great! If we get a few more people, we should get one organized.
vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2004, 02:11:19 AM »

yeh if you make it the right time - that would be cool

england -  its flag the St George flag
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2004, 09:44:59 AM »

Count me in too, so long as the time is OK for me.  I work shifts, damn!   Lin  :-\
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2004, 09:42:59 PM »

I'd love to do this!
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2004, 09:49:40 AM »

I'm in.. if the times not too harsh.... :)

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2004, 05:02:26 PM »

Okay, cool... lots of interest here.

Okay, anyone who's up for it... what movie would you like to see? List one or two of your choices, and we'll watch the most popular. Also, let me know which time would be better for you out of these two:  Sunday 4:00 PM EST (1:00 PM EST on the west coast, 9:00 PM in England) or a weeknight at 7:00 PM EST (4:00 PM EST on the west coast, or midnight in England).
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2004, 09:47:28 PM »

Any of those times is fine with me.

Either of the two movies you suggested in your original post are fine with me.  Or, The Outlaw Josey Wales might be good.  I think most of us like these three movies and could get our hands on them if we don't own them.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2004, 09:57:42 PM »

The Sunday time isn't good for me ... at this time of the year, it conflicts with my running schedule.  :(

The weekday time is do-able. :D

Any movie is OK with me.  8)
Chessie
Member Extraordinaire

You're anything but a simple woman.

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2004, 10:55:46 PM »

I can do Sunday, but a weekday is more preferable.  

I like a Fistful of Dollars, because its my favorite, it's short, and I know around here it's at ever blockbuster.

Bridges of Madison County and Dirty Harry could be good too.  
« Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 10:56:04 PM by Chessie » Logged

The old dreams were good dreams; they didn't work out, but I'm glad I had them.  - Robert Kincaid, the Bridges of Madison County
Wishbone

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2004, 07:37:08 PM »

This idea sounds do-able and I would even buy the DVD to watch. A Fistful of Dollars sound really good.

Yes, I know my socks don't match, I've got another pair just like them at home!
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2004, 10:55:17 AM »

Fistful of Dollars would be good for me.  UK time so it would have to be Sunday.  Midnight is a bit late on a week night!  Lets' hope  this gets off the ground as it sounds like a great idea.  Lin :D
masterchief

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2004, 12:31:13 PM »

Those times are fine for me. Seeing as I have just re-watched FFOD, that's not top of my list. Unforgivern or Dirty Harry are good for me though.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2004, 12:56:35 PM »

My personal opinion is that I'd rather watch Dirty Harry or The Outlaw Josey Wales. I just like them better that A Fistful of Dollars, and I think Dirty Harry would be more fun to watch with others than A Fistful Of Dollars.

The time we can do this is obviously a problem.

KC, is there a time on Sunday that you could make it that would be early enough for the UKers to join us?
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2004, 01:01:46 PM »

If you could make it a little later, I think I could do it. How about 5 PM?  ???
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T