News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movie night  (Read 186772 times)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2005, 08:36:57 AM »

Brendan, your library might have it, or you can rent it.

Tightrope will be on the poll for next month's Movie Night. If the girls get too hard to take during Bridges, we'll comment all through Tightrope about how sexy Becky is.

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2005, 12:08:01 PM »

Can we just check the time on the web please so that there is no chance that we miss anything.    Are on we Central time? :)  That is 6 hours ahead for us in the UK
« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 02:20:08 PM by Lin. » Logged
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2005, 12:54:26 PM »

Tightrope will be on the poll for next month's Movie Night. If the girls get too hard to take during Bridges, we'll comment all through Tightrope about how sexy Becky is.
;D ;D ;D ;D aaaahhhh ... you guys  ;)

Cool I love Tightrope  O0 ... maybe not for the same reasons though  ^-^

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2005, 02:18:39 PM »

That is fair, one for the girls and one for the boys. ;D ;D ;D
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2005, 03:17:02 PM »

Can we just check the time on the web please so that there is no chance that we miss anything.    Are on we Central time? :)  That is 6 hours ahead for us in the UK

Lin, the movie will start at 10:00 PM your time. KC and I are on EST, which will be 5:00. Chessie is on Pacific Time, 2:00. No one who participates in Movie Night is actually in Central Time.

Our board clocks will all read differently, depending on how we have our profiles set. But, if you're in England, it will start at 10:00 PM tomorrow night for you.
Dannyman
Member Extraordinaire

Your mouthwash aint makin' it.

View Profile Email
« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2005, 03:19:48 PM »

Please, not Bridges of Madison County!  :P

-Danny

"I had vegetarian huevos rancheros, then some sort of a filtered decaf cappuccino that tasted like it was filtered through a jock strap."
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2005, 04:35:03 PM »

Thanks Matt,  I had looked at the Fistful of Dollars movie night and noticed that the time on the posts on the board began at 11.00pm for me so I wasn't sure.  10.00pm will find me here with a Long Island Iced Tea.    Home made, so less ice and more alcohol!!!  The other vital supply will be four large boxes of Kleenex :'( :'(
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2005, 04:46:59 PM »

Tightrope will be on the poll for next month's Movie Night. 

I will try to get a copy of Tightrope but Amazon only have region 1 and my DVD player only plays region 2.   Will try to get an ex-rental from the video shops.   :-[
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2005, 05:54:35 PM »

Matt, this time can we program in one or two five minute breaks beforehand? Our UK members who are watching the movie in a PAL version always get ahead of the rest of us!
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2005, 10:57:04 PM »

Yup, that sounds good. One or two.

KC, why don't you head up this one. First of all, I still don't know if I'll be able to be here. Secondly, I really think this is more of a girls-night-out. Maybe y'all can have your fun night hanging out together with that one, and we'll join you next month.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2005, 11:22:36 PM »

Well, if I had voted, I would have voted for one of the other two. Not that I don't like Bridges ... I just don't feel like rewatching it now, and I kind of feel I've talked myself out on it. But, I'll do my best.
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2005, 01:37:01 AM »

Not going to be able to make it... :(

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2005, 01:38:09 AM »

Aw, shucks, D'Amb! We'll have to have one sometime when you're pretty sure you can make it and then it'll be a more guy-type movie! 
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2005, 04:31:26 AM »

I'm gonna have to sit this one out cos I ain't got Bridges... Shame.... great truck.  ;)

Have a great night gang. I'll see you on the next one. :)

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2005, 08:52:10 AM »

Great trucks, Gant. And there's a tractor in it too.  ;)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #115 on: March 04, 2005, 05:26:45 AM »

We need to pick the date for the next Movie Night. I was thinking of switching it from Sundays to Saturdays now that we're in baseball season, since most Sunday afternoons are reserved by all the mods here for baseball watching (KC, mgk and I are all big baseball fans). This month is only the pre-season, but starting in April, we'll be even more interested in trying to work the schedule around the games.

How is Saturday, March 19th at 4:00 PM EST for everyone? A backup date would be the usual Sunday, March 20th, at 5:00 PM EST.  If you're on the west coast, subtract three hours. If you're in England, add five.

Lin, you said you wouldn't be around on Sundays this month. What's your schedule like for Saturday night, March 19th?

We've also got a poll going for the next movie. If you haven't voted yet, you'll find it HERE.

Everyone check in and let us know if you're going to try to make it.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #116 on: March 04, 2005, 06:50:33 AM »

Sorry I can't make 19th March or 20th.   I have Saturday 26th off and the whole weekend April 2 & 3.     I work night shift permanently 4 nights on and four nights off.   So I get 4 Saturdays off in a row and then I work 4.  Same with Sundays.  26th is the Easter weekend and I am working on the Sunday but have the Saturday off.
I will have to miss this one if you are all able to make it.  I hope that I will be able to join you on at least some of them.   I really love movie nights, they are a great idea and so good to watch a movie with our friends. :(
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2005, 08:32:54 AM »

Sorry, Lin... I can't change the Movie Night to Saturday the 26th because of Easter. That was actually the weekend I originally chose until KC reminded me that it was Easter weekend, and of course many people make plans with family and friends that weekend.

I'd hold off for April for you, Lin, but when I chose March 19-20th it was because I learned that KC would be busy and unable to join us for the first three weekends of April. So, we could either skip Movie Night in March and go directly to the end of April, or fit a Movie Night in next weekend. Sorry you'll have to miss it.

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2005, 08:58:02 AM »

I hate being the one to keep throwing the monkey wrench in the works, but  I just remembered I'll have company the weekend of March 18-20, so March 19 is out for me, too. March 20 at 5 PM would probably work, however.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if we waited till the end of April to do another one. Besides having company and Easter, I'm working on two projects outside of work (aside from working on Saturdays), and I have to do my taxes. (Need "too busy" smiley here.)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2005, 09:37:47 AM »

So, do we try to fit one in March 20th at 5:00, or wait till the end of April. Let's hear from some other members.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 09:03:25 PM by Matt » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T