News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movie night  (Read 100057 times)
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2004, 05:31:12 PM »

I think that this sounds like a fun idea. I'll try to participate. So, are we set on Dirty Harry or are we going to watch Play Misty for Me. I wasn't real clear because Matt brought up Misty.  I wouldn't mind that one, given that I've just gotten the DVD and haven't seen it in ages.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2004, 07:21:01 PM »

We're still doing Dirty Harry. I brought up Misty as an alternate choice, but it didn't seem to spark much excitement from anyone.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2004, 07:34:52 PM »

In regards to the point of this thread... ;) My computer doesn't have a DVD drive (I know, I know, I'm so last century ;)), and our DVD player is in another room than the one the computer is in, so I really can't participate.
I was wondering whether people were planning to watch on the computer, or on a TV set. I could do either but since I have a big screen TV at a reasonable distance from the computer, that's probably what I'll use.

Chris, couldn't you move the TV ... or the computer? Just for a night? ;)
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2004, 07:46:20 PM »

I'll try and make it, but you know me...  I can't promise anything... ;D
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2004, 03:58:36 PM »

If it's tonight I can't make it...   :'(
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2004, 04:49:38 PM »

If it's tonight I can't make it...   :'(
Next Sunday, D'Amb!  8)
masterchief

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2004, 01:55:14 PM »

Not long to go now, just over 25 hours untill kick-offl
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2004, 02:13:41 AM »

Count me in on this one.  It does mean a late night but for Clint, who cares?   I will try to make short posts.  Should be great.   Lin :D
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2004, 06:09:55 PM »

Movie night went well tonight! We'll be doing this again soon.

AmericanBeauty, I got to thinking... since we do miss a bit of the film watching it together, posting and reading posts... I don't think you SHOULD wait to watch Play Misty For Me with us for a first-time viewing. It would be really fun for me (and probably the others who would be posting) to be watching the movie with a first-timer, but I don't think it would be as great for you since you'd miss some of it.  So, scratch my suggestion in tonight's movie thread to watch it first with us.
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2004, 03:45:33 AM »

Great idea Matt,

keep Australia in mind when you do your next movie night.  There are a few of us from Down Under on the board :).

WKC.

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2004, 05:05:14 AM »

wkc, if you or any other Aussies had posted to let us know you were interested, we would have taken that into consideration and tried to find a time that would have worked for you too. Let me know the time difference where you are. What time of the morning did our film night start for you "down under"?
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2004, 05:17:01 AM »

wkc, if you or any other Aussies had posted to let us know you were interested, we would have taken that into consideration and tried to find a time that would have worked for you too. Let me know the time difference where you are. What time of the morning did our film night start for you "down under"?

No problem Matt,

i only read the posts about your previous movie night after the event had transpired.  

I believe we here in Victoria are 16 hours ahead of New York.  eg it is 11.20 pm my time as I write this.

WKC

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2004, 05:33:43 AM »

Yes, that's 16 hours ahead of U.S. east coast time. So, we started last night at 9:00 AM your time. How's that work with your schedule? I know we can't start later than we did last night because our British members had a hard time keeping with us until midnight. The only possible chance is earlier, but that would only be worse for you there.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 05:37:16 AM by Matt » Logged
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2004, 12:04:25 AM »

Yes, that's 16 hours ahead of U.S. east coast time. So, we started last night at 9:00 AM your time. How's that work with your schedule? I know we can't start later than we did last night because our British members had a hard time keeping with us until midnight. The only possible chance is earlier, but that would only be worse for you there.

Yeah Matt,  a tri nation hookup is a bit of a challenge!  
9am on a Saturday or Sunday might work.

WKC.

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2004, 03:30:03 PM »

I don't see how I can make this "movie night" time work better for our Australian members. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd love to be more accomodating, but here's the thing...  it's going to always fall in the early AM there, since the best time that works for the US and Europe is the time we had scheduled it (5:00 PM EST, 10:00 PM in UK), which would be 9:00 AM in Australia. If we were to make it fall on a Saturday or Sunday morning in Australia, that would mean it would have to be a Friday afternoon here when most of us in the States are still working... or a Saturday night, when a lot of our members wouldn't be able to make it because of other plans away from the computer. Maybe we could do it on a Saturday night, but I think we'd have a pretty bad showing for everyone else with that timeslot.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2004, 03:37:37 PM »

On the other hand... if we get a good show of hands for a Saturday night viewing...  we'll give it a shot. I can just see how well that would go over with my girlfriend "Sorry, babe... can't take you out tonight. I'm watching a Clint movie online with the web board."  :-\  But, she's heard worse and probably wouldn't be TOO surprised.  ::)

Anyway... I'll leave it up to our members. We'll wait until the holidays are over and things have calmed down a bit, so maybe the first or second week of January. Would everyone here who's interested check in and let me know how a Saturday night viewing would be for them? Be honest... if it's a real inconvenience, speak up. The idea is to try to make it the best time for the most members to be able to be here.

One last thing.....

I've mentioned that Play Misty for Me might be a lot of fun to watch together. But, I also think that watching The Outlaw Josey Wales together might prompt some extra posts in the film discussion. So, I think they're both great choices for the next film we watch. Everyone who's interested, let me know which one you'd prefer we watch next.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 03:41:47 PM by Matt » Logged
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2004, 04:01:44 PM »

Saturday nights wouldn't be good for me but, if it's better for everyone else, then that's fine.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2004, 02:00:00 AM »

10.00 pm in the UK would be fine for me.   As for the movie.  I would like to vote for Play Misty For Me.  I realize that The Outlaw Josey Wales would generate more posts in the film discussion, however I would like to see a movie we haven't talked about for a while.  I am sure Americanbeauty would like to see Play Misty as well.  After the holiday period would be great it will give us something to look forward to when everything seems quite flat.   Lin ;D ;D
vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2004, 10:31:35 AM »

i'm in again - don't mind the movie they are all great

england -  its flag the St George flag
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2004, 12:07:18 PM »

I am sure Americanbeauty would like to see Play Misty as well.
You guessed right Lin !  ;) but I wouldn't mind if you guys decided to watch OJW ... I like them both  ;)

Anyway I'd love to watch another movie with the board ... it's the occasion for newbies like me to learn new things about CE and his movies thanks to the most experienced members of this board  ;) ... and I love that, learning things !!  :D :D

And Matt, don't worry, it won't be my first time anymore because I bought Misty this week, so I already saw it.

Count me in  ;D ... first or second week in January is fine with me  ;D

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for himů" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T