News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movie night  (Read 190483 times)
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #440 on: June 07, 2007, 09:13:44 AM »

Hi Jaffe welcome back.    I hope you can join us.  Have an early night on Saturday and a snooze in the afternoon.   ;)
Jaffe

Usual?

View Profile Email
« Reply #441 on: June 10, 2007, 08:35:58 AM »

I'm going to have to pass on this movie night too, it would just be too late for me.  :'(
If I don't get at least 7 hours of sleep I'm a basket case... :o

"Usual." "Usual lunch, or usual dinner?" "What difference does it make?" "Not much."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #442 on: June 10, 2007, 08:48:46 AM »

Aw, I'm sorry, Jaffe. It's hard to find a time of day that's possible for Clint fans all over the world.

Would it be easier for you if we did another Saturday Movie Night next time? ???
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #443 on: June 10, 2007, 09:50:02 PM »

Well it looks like Movie Night here on the board is getting popular again,after the rousing success of today's film,thanks again KC for setting it up.

I was looking at the main page of this thread and when it started there was a movie night just about every month,then it was every couple of months and I think last year we only had one or two as interest seemed to wane.

I remember the Thunderbolt and Lightfoot movie night last year,there was only three or four of us and I only showed up because I thought it might rain and decided not to play golf.

It was great to see new members of the board (Alcatraz and Fhil) join us today and I hope they enjoyed it.

I know I've said in the past plenty of times that you are probably sick of me saying it,but anyone out there that hasn't joined in,you don't know what you're missing.I was skeptical at first,but it's the best way to watch an Eastwood film.

So,how about we start to organize next months movie night today.First we get a date confirmed,then in a week or two we vote on a film and a couple of weeks of voting we have a film set down at the beginning of the month.We get it on the calendar and a few weeks of advertising and hopefully we can get an even better turn out than today.

The weekends in July are:

7-8, 14-15, 21-22, 28-29.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #444 on: June 10, 2007, 10:18:52 PM »

I'm for Saturday rather than Sunday, if possible, because that's the one day I don't run and I don't have to try to work my running time around Movie Night. Also, I think our new earlier starting time is easier for our European friends (though it's harder on the Schofield Kid, I know).

That said, I'd prefer it not be Saturday, July 7, because the baseball game's at four PM (my time) that day. The other Saturdays, it's either at 7:00, when our movies would be over, or early in the afternoon.

But I'm not overly fussy about that, and I think I have all July weekends free, so far.
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #445 on: June 11, 2007, 12:53:25 AM »

14-15 is out for me, but everything else is fine. I also prefer Saturdays, because I usually have to work on monday.

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #446 on: June 11, 2007, 01:27:58 AM »

I don't have my shifts for July yet other than 7 -8 when I could make it either day.  I am sure I can change a shift to let me join in.   Saturday is easier if it is going to be at the earlier time of 9. GMT
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #447 on: June 11, 2007, 04:49:05 AM »

The earlier start today actually wasn't that bad.When it was first mentioned,I thought a film at 6am is way too early,but like on golf days,once I'm up and ready,I'm fine. So if it stays at the same time from now on I'm happy.

Either day is fine,although I think Saturday's would be better for the majority of people here.

July 14 and 28 are non golf days next month for me,so their free.

D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #448 on: June 11, 2007, 09:01:56 AM »

Saturday's are best for me. as far as the time goes, I'm pretty flexible.  I would suggest the 28th. 

Canadian Lady
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #449 on: June 11, 2007, 09:16:50 AM »

Sorry I missed Unforgiven I love that movie!

My vote for next movie, (and I will try my bestest to make it!) would be for the 14th or 21st.

Every Day is a Good Day!! -CL
Jaffe

Usual?

View Profile Email
« Reply #450 on: June 11, 2007, 09:40:17 AM »

Aw, I'm sorry, Jaffe. It's hard to find a time of day that's possible for Clint fans all over the world.

Would it be easier for you if we did another Saturday Movie Night next time? ???

Yeah, I know it's difficult to set a time that suits everyone... Saturdays would be easier for me and I think for many european members. I'll probably have to pass on the July movie night also if it's any earlier than the last weekend, I'm on vacation and out of town...

"Usual." "Usual lunch, or usual dinner?" "What difference does it make?" "Not much."
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #451 on: June 12, 2007, 01:04:20 AM »

Yeah, I know it's difficult to set a time that suits everyone... Saturdays would be easier for me and I think for many european members.

I agree with that Jaffe.  It means we don't have to stay up so late on the Sunday night when there is work on the Monday. Not so good for The Kid, if there is golf on the Sunday being so far ahead he could miss the start when he is playing golf.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 01:05:31 AM by Lin. » Logged
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #452 on: July 24, 2007, 05:15:56 PM »

So who has any suggestions for a movie night in August.

I wouldn't mind seeing Any Which Way You Can since we just saw Every Which Way But Loose or what about, Magnum Force or The Enforcer.

Those are my three top picks, after we get some other suggestions over the next few days, we'll then start a poll with the three most popular picks.

Sound alright. :)

WeAllHaveItCominKid
Member Extraordinaire

They got a sign on him in front of Greely's?

View Profile Email
« Reply #453 on: July 25, 2007, 02:19:23 PM »

Sounds great Schofield. O0

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #454 on: July 27, 2007, 03:44:14 AM »

Any Which Way would be really nice after Every Which Way.      Of the other two Kid suggested I would go with Magnum Force.
Francesca

'.. happy we had met.It was the age of no regret''

View Profile Email
« Reply #455 on: July 27, 2007, 05:33:13 AM »

Wouldn't it be good to do' Any Which Way You Can' if you have an August movie night then any common threads can be noted etc......

'...there was a map,that said how to come to Earth. This
 was very important. Before then, we  thought we were the only people in all the stars.' STARMAN
Alcatraz
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #456 on: July 31, 2007, 05:37:19 PM »

Missed the last one, so I definitely wanna be here for the next one. Any of those movies are good.

"Reality continues to ruin my life" - Calvin
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #457 on: August 05, 2007, 04:38:25 PM »

There's only been four replies to an August movie night and would like at least six (not including Moderators) before a poll is taken.

Of course, please only suggest a film if you will be able to join us on the night. :)

-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #458 on: August 06, 2007, 06:58:04 AM »

I'd definetly love to join in the next one. Might be difficult, I'm only doing weekends now at work, and if I have to go in the morning I might not be able to join. But when I hear the date, I'll be able to say. Any film is fine is me.  O0

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #459 on: August 10, 2007, 10:27:34 PM »

We're still one short before I'll start a poll for an August movie night. There's only two more weekends available this month so maybe a few are away on summer vacation or interest has waned again on this.

If there's another film suggestion in the next day or so, I'll start a poll, otherwise we might wait until September.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 37 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T