News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movie night  (Read 190704 times)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #340 on: February 11, 2007, 05:38:49 PM »

OK, it's looking like we don't need to post a separate poll thread ...

Summing up, is there anyone who wants to join the "Movie Night" for Tightrope who could NOT make it on Saturday, Feb. 24, at 5:00 ET (U.S.)? If you can't make it then, could you do it on Sunday, February 18? :)

Once we've decided it's definitely going to be the 24th, we'll ask for a "show of hands" to see how many are planning to join us.
JSE

Email
« Reply #341 on: February 12, 2007, 12:57:30 AM »

Hi all,

I'll be happy to participate in the Tightrope movie night on the 24th February.  Haven't done one before so should be good fun!

Do we chat in the forum while the movie plays or are we going to use frappr and the Eastwood fan members map?

JSE
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #342 on: February 12, 2007, 01:07:07 AM »

We chat in the forum, JSE ... see the threads below this one for some previous "Movie Night" discussions.

I know a lot of people like real "chat" programs, but I think it's nice to have the discussions posted here for people who might have to miss the movie night itself but would like to know what fellow Eastwood Web Board members had to say as they watched it.

Oh, and you're very welcome to join! Looks like we might have quite a crowd this time ... hope there'll be enough popcorn for everyone! ;)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #343 on: February 12, 2007, 01:15:35 AM »

I'm going to mention this again in the actual "Movie Night" thread but I thought I'd post it here first: We now have an option to turn off that message that warns you that someone else has posted while you were composing your post ... many of us found this very frustrating during the movie nights.

To turn off the option, go to the "Profile" link at the top of the page, and click on "Look and layout preferences" under "Modify Profile."

You'll see a box "Don't warn on new replies made while posting." This is unchecked by default ... click in the box to put a check mark in it, and you're all set. 8)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #344 on: February 12, 2007, 02:41:01 AM »

I know a lot of people like real "chat" programs, but I think it's nice to have the discussions posted here for people who might have to miss the movie night itself but would like to know what fellow Eastwood Web Board members had to say as they watched it.

That's what got me interested in joining in after holding out for a while.I'd go through the thread later that night and enjoy everyone's comments and thoughts on the film and certain scenes and think,gee that's never never occured to me when I've seen the film in the past and everyone seemed to have a lot of fun as if you were all sitting in the same room chatting as the film goes along.

The two movie nights that I have participated were great fun and I do hope we get a good roll up this time.

hope there'll be enough popcorn for everyone! ;)

Hopefully Jaffe can make it,with some of his hotdogs.(without ketchup of course)  :D

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #345 on: February 12, 2007, 03:19:34 AM »

JSE You will enjoy a movie night it is like being there with everyone who is joining in.

24th is best for me as I have already said.   Let's hope there are a lot of new members joining us. :)
Canadian Lady
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #346 on: February 13, 2007, 11:34:15 AM »

The 24th will be good for me but I don't have Tightrope, and I doubt this little town has it in the rental store. Is the Movie decided on? Is it Tightrope?

Every Day is a Good Day!! -CL
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #347 on: February 13, 2007, 06:29:58 PM »

I think we've pretty much decided it's to be Tightrope, CL. And it's looking like the 24th will definitely be the date.

There's still ten days to go ... Maybe you could buy it online from Amazon or somewhere else? ???
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #348 on: February 13, 2007, 09:59:08 PM »

One of these days I will be able to have fun with a movie night with all of you. I have to work late on the 24th. I start a weeks vacation after that day though. Maybe next time :(

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #349 on: February 14, 2007, 01:30:51 AM »

Sorry, Richard Earl! We do hope you can make it next time.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #350 on: February 14, 2007, 02:39:37 AM »

That is a shame Richard.  Let's hope you can join us on the next one.
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #351 on: February 14, 2007, 11:35:44 AM »

Well, here's thinking I could make it.  ;D

I signed up for a charity bowling tournament so I won't be able to make it. Have fun though! Tightrope is one I haven't watched in years!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #352 on: February 14, 2007, 06:30:25 PM »

Darn, Brendan. :(

Maybe it's time to call for a "show of hands." Who CAN join us to watch Tightrope on Saturday, Feb. 24 at 5:00 PM U.S. Eastern Time?
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #353 on: February 14, 2007, 08:53:20 PM »

I can

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #354 on: February 14, 2007, 09:24:23 PM »

Me.  8)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #355 on: February 14, 2007, 11:50:07 PM »

Maybe I can find a copy and watch Tightrope on my vacation. I will post comments then. Is that cool? I have only seen that film once and to be honest, I do not remember that much about it. I definitely need to view it again.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #356 on: February 15, 2007, 02:44:02 AM »

Maybe it's time to call for a "show of hands." Who CAN join us to watch Tightrope on Saturday, Feb. 24 at 5:00 PM U.S. Eastern Time?

I'll be there.   O0
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 02:45:34 AM by Lin. » Logged
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #357 on: February 15, 2007, 02:45:37 AM »

Me too  O0 8) 

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
JSE

Email
« Reply #358 on: February 15, 2007, 05:36:16 AM »

Count me in!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #359 on: February 15, 2007, 07:36:43 AM »

Maybe I can find a copy and watch Tightrope on my vacation. I will post comments then. Is that cool? I have only seen that film once and to be honest, I do not remember that much about it. I definitely need to view it again.

That would be great, Richard Earl! :)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T