News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movie night  (Read 186887 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #540 on: April 16, 2008, 04:02:00 AM »

OK, I'll make it official and declare April 27th as the day for our next movie night. An encore presentation of The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Hopefully everyone who missed it in March can make it this time around.  8)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #541 on: April 18, 2008, 05:57:21 AM »

I certainly can be there and as I had such a mess up last time with the PC I wont be missing it again. :)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #542 on: April 20, 2008, 02:47:45 AM »

The official thread for next Sunday's (April 27) The Outlaw Josey Wales encore presentation movie night is up in preparation for the night.

Hope to see as many as possible on the night.  8)

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=7208.msg122433#msg122433

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #543 on: April 26, 2008, 11:17:31 AM »

Just a reminder that tomorrow is our encore presentation movie night of Tthe Outlaw Josey Wales.

Hope to see you all there.  8)

Alcatraz
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #544 on: April 26, 2008, 03:27:59 PM »

I've got a paper to write. Bah.

"Reality continues to ruin my life" - Calvin
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #545 on: April 26, 2008, 06:25:27 PM »

Looks like I can make it, as soon as the game is over. :)
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #546 on: April 29, 2008, 12:21:09 AM »

This is totally weird.       I wasn't able to stay the course at the last OJW because my PC Broadband connection failed.  This time I got all set up, no problems with the PC since the last movie night, put the DVD in .........Crash, PC went down.    I started over and this time used a different DVD of OJW what happens?   ...............Crash.   I then tried to get the PC up and running.  No go and the internet wouldn't start up yesterday at all.   This morning I switched it on and would you believe it no problems whatsoever.  Broadband opened in record time  emails all stacked up came through so I thought I would just try OJW......Crash.   Got it up and running again and tried a Rawhide DVD ....... perfect I watched two episodes.     I think my PC is real and has a mind of it's own and does not like The Outlaw Josey Wales.  :D :o ??? >:(
JSE

Email
« Reply #547 on: April 29, 2008, 03:18:56 AM »

That does sound very weird Lin  :D

The only thing I can think of that would make that happen would be if the OJW DVD had some sort of DVD-ROM features that autoplay when you put the disc in and that your PC isn't getting on well with it.  Although mine doesn't do that so its very strange!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #548 on: April 29, 2008, 05:34:51 AM »

Sorry you missed it again, Lin! Maybe the next time, with a different movie, it'll work out for you.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #549 on: April 29, 2008, 07:29:53 AM »

That does sound very weird Lin  :D

The only thing I can think of that would make that happen would be if the OJW DVD had some sort of DVD-ROM features that autoplay when you put the disc in and that your PC isn't getting on well with it.  Although mine doesn't do that so its very strange!

I did wonder if there was something like that so I tried a different edition of OJW and that did the same thing to the PC.  However both DVD's play fine on the DVD player connected to the TV.   I am not game to try it again.  :D
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #550 on: July 06, 2008, 10:20:28 PM »

We haven't had a movie night for a while now and even though numbers were down on the last couple is there any interest in doing one this month or early next month.

The weekend dates available are:

July 12 & 13, 19 & 20, 26 & 27 or August 2 & 3.

And are there any suggestions for what film you would like to see? If we get plenty of interest, a poll will be set up.

I'm good to go on July 13, 19, 26 or August 3.

What about The Gauntlet or The Beguiled?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 02:45:18 PM by The Schofield Kid » Logged

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #551 on: July 07, 2008, 02:14:34 AM »

I can make12th, 13 July and 20th  August 3.

I would vote for The Beguiled it is ages since I watched it or I quite fancy seeing In The Line Of Fire.
JSE

Email
« Reply #552 on: July 07, 2008, 05:30:03 AM »

I'd love to do another movie night...any night is good for me  O0

Funnily enough Lin, I watched both The Beguiled and In the Line of Fire last week!  Strange coincidence, but would watch them again if that was the general consencus.

JSE
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #553 on: November 16, 2008, 09:06:16 AM »

How about a movie night? I could do one, now when I'm not busy anymore and it's so dark in Finland. Something to cheer us all up a bit?  ;)

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #554 on: November 16, 2008, 12:45:04 PM »

It would be nice to do another one at last! Has anyone got any suggestions?

I'd like to have at least five participants besides whoever is the "host" for the event.

I'm busy next weekend, and December 6-7 and 13-14, though I might be able to squeeze it in on one of those two December Saturdays. Last weekend in November looks good as does the second half of December.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #555 on: November 16, 2008, 02:48:30 PM »

I can be there for the last weekend in November but not December 13-14 I will be away.

I will suggest 'In The Line Of Fire'
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #556 on: November 30, 2008, 03:39:26 AM »

We seem to be ignoring this thread again.   I know there are a few of us who would like another movie night but what about all the new members joining in?   ???
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #557 on: November 30, 2008, 08:30:07 AM »

We are past due for a movie night. I am up. I am mostly off on Saturdays now and working Sundays.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #558 on: December 16, 2008, 09:23:31 AM »

Sorry I haven't been here lately. Got a new job and I'm so tired!  :P Too many hours after the school.

Saturdays are good, Sundays maybe. Depends if I have to work on Monday morning. I have my Christmas holiday but I doubt that we will get enough people to join because of Christmas.  ::) January is also fine.  :)

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #559 on: December 16, 2008, 03:41:04 PM »

I'm game for the last movie night of 2008  :D Plus I missed a few of them (technical problems coupled with total memory loss on my part) and I've been MIA lately  ::)

How about this Saturday? Or maybe on the 27th?

I agree with -satu- though, if we can't find a date now -might be tough with Christmas coming up, we can still do one in January.

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T