News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How'd you become a Clint fan?  (Read 20731 times)
Dannyman
Member Extraordinaire

Your mouthwash aint makin' it.

View Profile Email
« on: September 27, 2003, 09:32:15 PM »

The title says it all.

-Danny

"I had vegetarian huevos rancheros, then some sort of a filtered decaf cappuccino that tasted like it was filtered through a jock strap."
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2003, 10:03:23 PM »

What a profound Clint question! :)

To answer it I have to travel back into the unconscious mythical/spiritual recesses off time and youth.

I dimly remember the image of a cold life hardened emotionally damaged cop standing over the devious twisting form of a vile repugnant cunning child killer, waiting, hoping, that he will reach for the gun....

Or a solitary, pancho clad  man, wandering through the vast barren spaces of the old American west.  A silent man, who speaks with his actions.  A survivor.

WKC.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2003, 10:05:19 PM by wkc » Logged

william

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2003, 10:23:21 PM »

I became a clint fan when my parents took me to see 'Play Misty for Me" way back when. I was imforned then that my birthday (May 31) was identical to his. I then over the years started a video collection of his movies and ever since have followed his road of life, especially his job as mayor of Carmel and his love of golf for which I now have taken up but not mastered. I would love to play a round of golf with him. I believe that every man will make a mistake in life and so I try not to throw stones at the man for his mistakes but truley cherish each moment knowing him through this website. ;D
iluv2viddyfilms

I have no name

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2003, 09:28:16 PM »

I became a Eastwood fan the same time I became a John Wayne fan when TBS or was it TNT?

Used to play "Big Shots" on Saturday nights where they played an Eastwood and Duke film back to back

Two Mules for Sister Sara is the film I remember seeing first and liking him.

"When I'm paid...."
1861navycolt

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2003, 11:26:52 PM »

I became a fan from watching the Dirty Harry films.  I suppose that is ironic considering I have very little interest in them now but I love his westerns.  
doyoufeellucky

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2003, 03:00:39 PM »

my first drive-in date was a triple header:  the good, bad, and ugly--fist full of dollars--for a few dollars moredon't know what happened to the guy but I've been a fan of clint eastwood ever since---is it the penetrating eyes? the precise gestures? the perfect lines?  ;)  the gritty gravey voice?   the man is a master, no, the master of his craft.  
Coogan

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2003, 08:52:18 AM »

I think it was "A Fistful Of Dollars", that did it for me, I loved that film when I was a kid, also... loved the two follow up movies

Guess you didn't here the lady..... did you Boy!
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

I dont think it's nice you're laughing...

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2003, 08:37:02 AM »

Hard to say. My dad is a huge eastwood fan so i guess i pretty much got "bottlefed" with him  ;D
The first moviebit i remembered through my childhood must be the part in GBU where he shoots tuco´s hanging rope, then all the hats on the spectators, then camly jumps down on the horsewagon, shoots one time to start the horses, and drives off. Cold as ice.
That formed my own opinion about clint being a special actor who stood out among the legions of actors (good and bad) in Hollywood :)
masterchief

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2003, 02:44:30 PM »

i watched dirty harry when i was about 6 Im only 13 now, so ive been a fan for a long time  ;D
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2003, 07:46:55 PM »

Welcome to the board, masterchief. It's always nice to see young Eastwood fans who've been fans for most of thier lives. I can relate to that. I watched some of the Dirty Harry movies at a very young age, and that's how I became a fan (of course, I'm an old 20-year-old now ;) :D).
Dannyman
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2003, 09:22:18 PM »

Cool, I just became a Clint fan a few years ago, I'm 14 now. The Good, Bad, and the Ugly got me started its also my personla favorite.

-Danny

"I had vegetarian huevos rancheros, then some sort of a filtered decaf cappuccino that tasted like it was filtered through a jock strap."
masterchief

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2003, 01:13:55 AM »

Thanks for the warm welcome, ill be on the forum all the time  ;D
CSM

"I ain't drunk."

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2003, 04:45:37 AM »

Definitely "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly".

"You can kill a man, but you can't kill what he stands for - not unless you first break his spirit.  That's - a beautiful thing to see!" - Cigarette-Smoking Man (William B. Davis), "The X-Files", "The Beginning" (6X01)
Lover of Eastwood & Leone
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2003, 04:01:54 PM »

HI:
        I went to see Magnum Force and realized I had to get down the road an apartment in that building where he lived. Nothing like a Friendly Neighbor.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 03:27:30 PM by Perry » Logged
GBU

Name's Ash. Housewares.

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2003, 05:04:34 PM »

I'm just 16 so I never heard of Clint Eastwood till this past summer. I was watching GBU on AMC one day. After that I was hooked. It has been 4 months and I have nearly seen every one of his movies.

I have also written an essay on him for my English III class. Turns out my teacher is also a Clint fan, and actually met him once! She was visiting her sister in Carmel and saw him walking down the street and had an hour chat with him. I envy her so much now. When Mystic River comes out the class is going to do a dramatic skit based on the movie. Isn't that cool!!

You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.
~ Dazed and Confused
Dannyman
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2003, 05:13:16 PM »

Wow, I wish my English teacher was like that. So are you guys going to get he book or how will u act it out in class or, well I guess you guys could go see it and then act it out after watching it.

-Danny

Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2003, 07:36:00 PM »

Turns out my teacher is also a Clint fan, and actually met him once! She was visiting her sister in Carmel and saw him walking down the street and had an hour chat with him.  I envy her so much
My God! :o  Visiting her sister....Saw him walking down the street... and had an hour chat with him :o  I think every member on this list must be green with envy!  But then, that IS how life works....

WKC.

Dannyman
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2003, 08:31:06 PM »

Yeah, I'd give a lot to have a conversation with Clint.

-Danny

Bounty-Hunter

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2003, 09:45:13 PM »

I first became a fan due to the film For a Few Dollars More, I rented it one night awhile back when I was like 15-16 cause I had heard how his character was called the man with no name. I've always found that interesting.

"Go ahead make my day"
Big Ed Mustafa

We're not just gonna let you walk outta here..

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2003, 11:21:46 PM »

for a long time i thought eastwood was a bad actor, a silly relic of 60s and 70s westerns. seeing Dirty Harry changed that. i've come to respect eastwood's acting and i think he's one the most underrated of the last quarter century or more. i used to think he was capable of only two facial expressions..but that's his style..he can display emotions without overemphasizing, and that's what makes him a good actor.

You forgot your fortune cookie..
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T