News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: California Museum of History.  (Read 3715 times)
palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: December 14, 2006, 04:36:43 AM »

I understand that there is a new Clint Eastwood exhibit in the California Museum of History's "Hall of Fame" in Sacramento.

I believe it features The Poncho, his complete Unforgiven costume and his Oscars as well as other incredible artifacts.

Can anyone get in there to get some snaps?

*apologies if this has already been posted if so please delete*

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 07:08:16 AM »

Ah, the Internet, it's a wonderful place.

The official name of the institution is now "The California Museum for History, Women and the Arts." The California Hall of Fame opened on Dec. 6 ...

With great anticipation, The California Museum for History, Women and the Arts is proud to officially open a new, groundbreaking institution, the California Hall of Fame, which recognizes extraordinary Californians who have made a lasting impact on history. On December 6, 2006, the inaugural class: Ronald Reagan, César Chávez, Walt Disney, Amelia Earhart, Clint Eastwood, Frank Gehry, David D. Ho, M.D., Billie Jean King, John Muir, Sally K. Ride, Ph.D., Alice Walker and the Hearst and Packard Families, will be inducted into the California Hall of Fame.  A formal ceremony, presided over by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and First Lady Maria Shriver, will be held at The California Museum followed by a reception and the first-ever viewing of the new exhibit. The California Hall of Fame exhibit is comprised of a stunning installation in the Museum lobby, as well as a phenomenal collection of over 100 historic and original items representing the lives and legacies of our inductees, located on the second floor.

Clint Eastwood was indeed among the inductees. He was present at the ceremony, which can be seen in a video available on the site. I'll repeat the link:

http://www.californiamuseum.org/hall-of-fame/

Click the orange link at the top of the page for the video. It's 45 minutes long, and I don't have time to watch it now ... maybe it says something about the artifacts on exhibition.

There's a blurb on Clint here, but it doesn't say anything about which of his effects is on view:

http://www.californiamuseum.org/halloffame/inducties/clint_eastwood/

I didn't notice any factual errors, but it is badly in need of a rewrite, as it is awkward, plodding and pedestrian. It also fails to mention Clint's two latest films. Maybe we should have a rewrite contest here on the Board?  ;)

Anyway, palooka, thanks for pointing this out. If anyone is in the Sacramento area, maybe you could check the exhibit out for us.  8)
palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 09:30:12 AM »

Not sure if this is still "news" but I finally managed to get a couple of pictures.  You'll notice the poncho at the back. PLEASE someone get in there to take some better snaps!

Holden Pike
Member Extraordinaire

"If they move, kill 'em."

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 03:49:49 PM »

So that's where he keeps his Oscars! Thanks for the pics, Palooka.

"We're not gonna get rid of anybody. We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be. When you side with a man you stay with him, and if you can't do that you're like some animal, you're finished. We're all finished."
archangel

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 07:19:35 PM »

this honor for CE makes me very happy.
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 10:56:27 PM »

Thanks, palooka. I wish I could go there. SF is not that far, right?

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 06:28:33 AM »

I see the PONCHO lurking in the glass case.   I wish this exhibition was not so far away.   Thanks for posting the pics palooka
palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 10:06:52 AM »

The images were taken by a friend - I would have been trying for close -ups of everything there. Hopefully one of our members will be passing! It certainly looks well worth a visit.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T