News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Snowstorms!  (Read 2261 times)
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: February 14, 2007, 11:28:51 AM »

So how are some of us faring? We're getting hit right now. Not bad but over night we got quite a few centimeters. Most stores and schools are closed for the day. Hopefully it'll calm down a bit and I can get out and take some pictures.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 12:08:11 PM »

I'm snowbound. My classes were cancelled this evening, but even if they weren't, there's no way I could get out of my driveway! :D

If I'm stuck in the house a few days, I may really be  :D
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 12:19:50 PM »

I know what you mean. I haven't left the house at all since Monday. I'm going crazy. I can only handle so much Discovery Channel and CNN/CBC News.
Canadian Lady
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 01:54:58 PM »

Most stores and schools are closed for the day. 
Holy how cold is it there Brendan? And how much snow have you got?  Here it has to be -38 degrees Celsius before the schools close and stores usually never close from the weather.

Every Day is a Good Day!! -CL
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 06:18:38 PM »

It was a MESS in New York City today ... sleet in the air, slush and ice on streets and sidewalks this morning when I tried to go out for a run. I ended up doing about two miles, but it was mostly walking ... cautiously. Then it snowed on and off all day and now the streets are full of slushy gunk and the sidewalks are still kind of dodgy in most places (though building maintenance people do a heroic job of trying to keep them clear and ice-free). It's been cold all day, too ... 22° F or thereabouts and it's supposed to go down to 14° tonight. Oh yes, and it's windy.

And I thought the groundhog predicted an early spring! >:(
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 07:43:10 PM »

Well, here it's been hitting high sixities and seventies.  I went out today in a short sleeve shirt.  You should all come out and visit!  But I remember those snow and ice storms.  It's a good excuse to pull out some Eastwood dvd's.... :)

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 09:31:03 PM »

Ah yes, Las Vegas. 10 more months and I'm there! Then I'll have to come back to this crap again. Ugh. I went to the gym tonight and had some fun in the parking lot. Nothing like a huge open space to spin the car out and do some fishtails  :P. All the main streets have been plowed but they haven't hit the residential streets yet. Last time they didn't even plow our street. This time the snow is worse so they'd better plow them tonight. I need to leave the house! We took the dogs for a walk today and I did go to the gym but man.... I need to leave!

I've posted some of are photos from the dog walk HERE.
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 12:08:19 AM »

Ah yes, Las Vegas. 10 more months and I'm there! Then I'll have to come back to this crap again. Ugh. I went to the gym tonight and had some fun in the parking lot. Nothing like a huge open space to spin the car out and do some fishtails  :P. All the main streets have been plowed but they haven't hit the residential streets yet. Last time they didn't even plow our street. This time the snow is worse so they'd better plow them tonight. I need to leave the house! We took the dogs for a walk today and I did go to the gym but man.... I need to leave!

I've posted some of are photos from the dog walk HERE.
Fishtailing on an icy open parking lot is fun man. We do not get much ice here in Texas. When we do, that is an insane amount of fun.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 02:53:26 AM »

The UK had some dreadful snow and storms last week but here in Yorkshire (supposed to be a very cold place) we only had a little taste of the bad weather.   The closed schools in the Birmingham area and in the very south.   Not a patch on the weather in Canada and America.
Chrissie

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 06:08:36 AM »

Now I know where all ths snow is. We had just 3 days of snow here. All wintersport places have really problems to get some tourists. And you have to much snow.
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 10:14:57 PM »

So much for the Groundhog!  He didn't see his shadow here in Columbus so I put my skis away and ordered a brand new set of golfclubs all on the account of winter ending early....  That's the last time I ever take the ground hog at his word!  :D

We've got about a foot of snow and Ice here in Ohio...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T