News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE DARK KNIGHT (Batman Begins sequel) Discussion *Beware of SPOILERS*  (Read 29998 times)
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: February 16, 2007, 07:48:40 AM »

I'm so excited! Aaron Eckhart, an actor I've liked since Erin Brockovich, has been confirmed as playing D.A. Harvey Dent/Two-Face! Maggie Gyllenhaal is rumoured to be taking the role Katie Holmes had in Batman Begins of Rachel Dawes. They didn't want her back after she went all crazy with Tom Cruise and joined his cult. Or she just didn't want to come back... depends on what story you want to believe. I like the studio not wanting her back because of the cult thing myself.

Anyways, filming is supposed to start sometime this year I believe, for a summer 2008 release!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 06:58:52 PM by Brendan » Logged
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 01:50:03 PM »

I´m also very much looking forward to see the next Batman and also the rumour of Maggie Gyllenhaal taking the role of Katie Holmes suits me fine too.

I thought she was the weakest link in the Batman Begins.

I´m just wondering how many baddies this upcoming Batman will have since it`s been announced already that Heath Ledger will be a Joker in it as well  ???

I hope they won`t go over board like Joel Schumacher went with Batman&Robin.Now that film sucked big time.
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 02:16:13 PM »

Stupid question: is Christian Bale going to reprise his role as Batman? I'm guessing the answer is yes, but  :-X

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
Holden Pike
Member Extraordinaire

"If they move, kill 'em."

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 04:30:21 PM »

Stupid question: is Christian Bale going to reprise his role as Batman? I'm guessing the answer is yes, but  :-X

Yes.

"We're not gonna get rid of anybody. We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be. When you side with a man you stay with him, and if you can't do that you're like some animal, you're finished. We're all finished."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 06:06:00 PM »

"Batman Begins Two"? So this is a sequel to a prequel? ???
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 06:54:28 PM »

sequel to a reimagining, not a prequel, this batman isn't related to thetim burton one at all :)

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 07:46:40 PM »

"Batman Begins Two"? So this is a sequel to a prequel? ???

The actual title is The Dark Knight I just put down "Batman Begins 2" since that's what most people would know (Batman Begins). You know what I mean when I say Batman.

"The Dark Knight? Huh? Who wants to watch a movie about how dark night time is?"

"It says Knight."

"Oh... so what? It's about one those guys from the table that's round?"

:P
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 07:51:52 PM »

It was a dark and stormy Knight! ;)

Still sounds like a sequel to a prequel to me!
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2007, 06:26:30 AM »

i'm guessing you haven't seen Batman Begins ;D

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2007, 09:35:57 AM »

I'm waiting for Batman Ends!  ;D
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 12:51:03 PM »

;D ;D

You guys crack me up  ;D

Thanks, Holden  O0

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 03:31:04 PM »

I'm waiting for Batman Ends!  ;D
ye know just for posterity they should have called the three movies Batman Begins, Batman Continues, Batman Ends. ;)

Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2007, 07:25:27 AM »

8)
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 06:38:05 PM »

That`s Aaron Eckhart,right??

If so the casting is still pretty good for this new Batman film.I´m still very much looking forward to see it  :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 09:10:03 PM by Hemlock » Logged
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 08:23:34 PM »

William Fichtner has a small role as a bank manager that gets robbed by The Joker. Eric Roberts has joined up. Anthony Michael Hall is in it as well. Don't know his role though.

There's also some neat advertising going too. The site which hosts that Harvey Dent pictues (http://ibelieveinharveydent.warnerbros.com/) has been "hacked" here: http://www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com/

BUT that second page has been "removed" now. Before it featured the same Dent photo but it got defaced with black circles around his eyes and some nice red lips. Then after a while the pictured faded into this:

Now obviously that's a very early picture of Heath Ledger as The Joker. But if you goto that second site now all it says is this:

Page not found.

However if you press Crtl+A on your keyboard you'll see something else. Also it says on the second  site (cryptically of course) "See you in December" which could mean a theatrical trailer release.

No one really knows for sure if this second Harvey Dent site is legit since it's not registered to the WB. I believe it is. I think this is a nice little "game" the WB is playing. But some sites are saying it's all fake and the site is a hoax. I guess some playing cards were found in a comic book shop in California with HA HA's written on them and the web address as well. So know there's a real/fake debate going on.

IF the picture of The Joker is real, I'm holding off my thoughts until I see a full costumed and make up photo. This one doesn't really do the get up justice.

I hope it's real. It'd be fun to see this play out if it were.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 08:38:36 PM by Brendan » Logged
Alcatraz
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2007, 09:35:06 PM »

Oi, that is one ugly Joker, I mean hes not the best looking guy around but that pic is ugh.

Question - How'd you find out about the Crtl+A thing?

"Reality continues to ruin my life" - Calvin
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2007, 10:11:22 PM »

I just decided to try it. Someone on another board mentioned that the site was down and asked our thoughts as to why. I checked it out and just decided to highlight the page. I responded telling them to do the same. I assume other people thought to do it as well since a few movie news sites have reported on it.
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2007, 10:17:27 AM »

Photo on the left is a still from the bank heist near the beginning and the one on the left shows director Christopher Nolan and Heath Ledger (blurred out of course!) shooting a scene. Both were in the U.S.A Today newspaper.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2007-05-28-dark-knight-firstlook_N.htm
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2007, 08:50:30 PM »

They promised a new suit!

Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2007, 07:31:54 PM »