News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Dirty Harry" Screening-Boston MA - March 16-17 !  (Read 4082 times)
cattman

Clint Eastwood is THE Man!

View Profile Email
« on: February 28, 2007, 10:58:29 AM »

:) "Dirty Harry" will be on the Big Screen on a double bill with "The French Connection" @ the BRATTLE theatre in Cambridge Massachusetts on March 16-17.(Friday/Saturday).
Showtimes: 5 pm-9:30 pm.
Ticket prices-$9.00
More info at (617) 876-6837
www.brattlefilm.org
Hope to meet up with other C.E fans there.
Contact me at: [email protected]

Cattman.
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 01:10:06 PM »

Wow, that's great. That's one CE film I really wish I could see on the big screen  8)

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 09:01:53 PM »

Thanks, Cattman! I hope you don't mind that I changed your double post in the "Dirty Harry" forum to a "redirection post" that will send people up here to this thread.

This way, if people reading the Board want to meet up for this screening, they'll have one place to discuss it. :)

Oh, and here's a link directly to the Brattle Theatre's calendar ... this series is called the "Hot Fuzztival"! ;)

http://www.brattlefilm.org/brattlefilm/calendar.html#070227
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 06:37:23 AM »

Dirty Harry and The French Connection double bill.  That sounds awesome!  I wish I lived anywhere close to there.

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
cattman

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 08:42:57 AM »

Thanks KC.
Wherever the most amount of people would see this post.It's also on the weekend so people from out of town could make arrangements.I could take some CE fans & show them where some scenes from "Mystic River" were shot & where I worked during the filming.
Cattman.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 06:00:29 PM »

You tempt me, cattman ... I've never been to Boston!

Unfortunately, I've got company that weekend so I can't take you up on the offer. :(
cattman

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 11:54:48 AM »

:( That's too bad,KC. I could take some other CE fans around Boston & show them some of the sites where "Mystic River" was filmed & where I worked security on Mystic.
Cattman.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 10:52:05 AM »

I made plans to see this but good ol' New England weather kept me away.  On March 16, I'd spent the first half of the day home painting one of our rooms, hoping the snow wouldn't amount to much, but, alas, spent the afternoon and most of the following morning clearing snow from our property.  We live in an old Victorian home and have a good-sized driveway that can fit up to 7 cars.  So, clearing that, both entrances and the sidewalk took quite a while.

I was able to have some fun with my next door neighbor; the snow was perfect for snowballs and we had a contest to see who could hit one of the street signs more than a few yards away.  He had a good strong lead, but I came out on top in the end.  The air wasn't bitter cold, so I didn't mind giving a helping hand after our contest was over. 

Too bad I missed seeing Dirty Harry on the big screen; I was all but 4 years old upon it's initial theatrical release.  I was too beat to attend the following day's screening on March 17.

I was just thinking how cool it would be to attend a Dirty Harry Marathon!  I'd be happy with just the first three, since I've experienced seeing Sudden Impact and The Dead Pool on the big screen.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 10:54:14 AM by Brian Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 02:55:10 PM »

Back in 2000 Studio 35, the last one screen movie house left in Columbus and possible location of the first annual Eastwood Festival, showed a double bill Space Cowboys and Dirty Harry.  I managed to take in both and it was a real treat to get to see Dirty Harry as it was meant to be, one the big screen.

I managed to take a picture of the marquee with hopes of posting it on the board one day but have never gotten around to it.  It was with one of those disposable cameras and the quality is very poor and I can’t seem to locate it right now… :'(
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 03:01:31 PM by D'Ambrosia » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T