News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite scene in a Clint film.  (Read 4430 times)
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: January 25, 2007, 12:46:53 AM »

What is your favorite scene in a Clint Eastwood film?
That is a hard question for me to answer. It is a two way dilemma. The gunfight at the end of Unforgiven and the great fight at the end of Any Which Way You Can are my favorites.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 03:54:41 AM »

Can't choose just one,but some of my favorites are:

When Harry stabs Scorpio in the leg in Dirty Harry.

The "Excuse me Captain,can you fly" scene in Magnum Force.

When Harry drives his car through the store front in The Enforcer.

The eye test scene in Space Cowboys.

When Horrigan talks about the day Kennedy was shot to Lilly in In The Line Of Fire.

The final shoot out in Unforgiven.(although for me the whole film is one great scene after another)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 06:58:39 AM »

It is difficult to pick just one, as The Schofield Kid says.

I have to go along with the eye test scene in Space Cowboys.

The scenes in Bronco Billy when Clint blows the horn and the trucks all have to stop.

The "My mule don't like you laughing" from A Fistful of Dollars.

One without Clint...    When Ma has her picture taken for her driving licence.

I guess I could think of a few more but I can't chose an all time favourite.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 07:49:48 AM »

I can't say I have an over all favorite scene, but one is from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, from the time Tuco gets to the cemetery through the shootout.

Another is Dirty Harry shooting Scorpio on the football field. Still one of the most chilling scenes.
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 07:59:22 AM »

One without Clint...    When Ma has her picture taken for her driving licence.
;D ;D

I think that my favorite scene (among a lot of others !) is certainly the one in "In The line Of Fire", when  Clint Eastwood and Rene Russo talk together, sat on the Lincoln Memorial steps, eating an ice-cream : then when she goes away, and he speaks to himself, I simply LOVE  the way he smiles ... this  exact smile I've chosen as my avatar !  ;)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 08:04:17 AM by Sylvie » Logged

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 02:22:10 PM »

The final showdown with Eastwood, Wallach and Van Cleef. Absolutely operatic with Morrocone's music blazing....Nothing is even close.
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 08:38:25 PM »

Yeah, it's hard to pick out just one...  There are so many!  Unforgiven, the final shootout...  "or I'll come back and kill everyone of you son's of b*$@hes..."
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 08:40:55 PM »

I've also always loved that scene in Magnum Force when Harry asks the men in the car if they know where San Quentin is. ;D
Clintess

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 01:01:11 PM »

Like everyone else said I don't know if its my favourite scene but when clint dances with meryl streep in the kitchen in The Bridges of Madison County. It is so poignant and full of human emotion which is what Clint always tries to convey in all his films and it captures the strong feelings you have for the love of your life. It is just a great example of Clint's understanding of human emotion.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 04:48:25 PM »

Like everyone else said I don't know if its my favourite scene but when clint dances with meryl streep in the kitchen in The Bridges of Madison County. It is so poignant and full of human emotion which is what Clint always tries to convey in all his films and it captures the strong feelings you have for the love of your life. It is just a great example of Clint's understanding of human emotion.

I have to agree with you Clintess. I have a lot of favourite scenes and after I posted a list in January I have watched a lot of Clint's movies and found more scenes that I love.   There are a lot in Bridges, and In The Line Of Fire I could watch over and over again.
Dave

...big, mean, yellow dog, ....ok......

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 07:36:20 AM »

Two scenes from BOMC, one with and one without Clint....the first is when Meryl Streep opens the box containing Robert's effects....eventhough you know what is coming, the scene grips me like no other and tears my heart out, this is the first real sob scene, the second is the very end of the movie when you hear the sweet melody of Doe Eyes and see Robert's truck leaving a light dusty cloud behind as it climbs up one hill after the other as if to say, hope is not gone forever, Robert still lives........ :'(

I 'll only say this once, I 've never said it before..this kind of certainty comes but just once in a lifetime......
Clintgombak

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 07:43:52 AM »

I've got many favourites, like the ones from Dirty Harry and Magnum Force mentioned here. But here are some I don't see mentioned here.

1.) Million Dollor Baby: The scene where Clint finally agrees to train Swank. And he says, "You did two things wrong ... " (Clint is such a great, natural actor)

2.) Honky Tonk Man: Where he enters the bar, and sings a song I think called "When I Sing About You" ( I love Clint's Singing), and he slowly captures the bar's attention.

3.) Any Which Way You Can: The start of the movie. ( because I love the song "Beers To you"

4,) For A Few Dollors More: When he and Lee Van Cleef test each other out by shooting each other's hats.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 09:39:22 AM »

I agree about that scene in Honky Tonk Man Clintgombak.

I love the closing scene in White Hunter Black Heart where Clint as Wilson utters the one word "action" Very powerful. One of my fave closes to an Eastwood movie.

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Clintgombak

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2007, 06:11:14 AM »

Oh yeah, 'White Hunter Black Heart', great movie too. I liked the scene where he tells a story to the rascist woman and finally ends with "and you my dear, are one of the ugliest sons of b***** I have ever seen" ...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T