News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PALE RIDER: Business and Box Office 1: The Trailer  (Read 3678 times)
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: April 03, 2007, 09:59:49 PM »

Have you seen the trailer for Pale Rider?  Did the arrangement of the scenes in the trailer make you think the story would be different from what you saw in the movie, or did they seem to lead you to the events as presented in the film?
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 09:24:05 PM »

The trailer is not bad although it does give the sense of more of an action oriented movie than it is.  One thing that is said that’s interesting is “Some people call him preacher, others gunfighter…” which got me thinking, what is he?  A preacher or a gunfighter?  What the heck is he?  He’s a gun fighting preacher… :D
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 07:54:22 PM »

I'm not crazy about the music that plays in the trailer. Other than that, it's an okay trailer. It's good in that it just gives you an idea of what the movie is about without going much into detail. The sequence of quick clips doesn't really paint a clear picture of what it's all about. The voice-over provides the main details for what you might want to know about the movie from just seeing the trailer.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 07:56:48 PM by Christopher » Logged
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 06:19:10 AM »

Did anyone else notice the Bronco Billy title design/style? 

I thought the trailer was quite corny (unintentionally).

Chris66

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 07:01:24 AM »

I thought the trailer made the film look much better than it actually is.

"I finish things.....that's what I do"

Most Anticipated Films: Valkyrie, Defiance, Terminator Salvation, Watchmen, Gran Torino, Public Enemies and Give 'Em Hell Malone.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 05:33:59 AM »

The trailer wasn't in the style that grabs you and has you rushing out to see the movie.  It didn't show enough of the mystery behind the story.  I felt it didn't ask any questions that could only be answered by going to see the movie.  Not one of the best trailers for an Eastwood movie.   The music was not quite right either.  I can't express my feelings exactly just that I wouldn't have gone to see it if Clint Eastwood had not been in it and directed it.   I looked past the trailer to who was in it rather than wanting to see the movie because of the movie itself.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 06:22:07 PM »

Thanks, everyone! This thread is now locked.  Please post any additional thoughts you have on this topic in the Westerns forum.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 04:51:38 AM »

This topic has been temporarily unlocked.  Feel free to post any additional thoughts or discussion here.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 01:14:21 AM »

Thanks, everyone! This thread is now locked.  Please post any additional thoughts you have on this topic in the Clint Eastwood Western forum.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T