News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Joe Kidd's hat  (Read 3744 times)
JKOmohundro

View Profile Email
« on: July 26, 2007, 09:51:00 AM »

Hello, everyone!

Just a quick question:

Would anyone happen to know what make and model of hat was worn by Mr. Eastwood in the title role in Joe Kidd ?

(Not the bowler hat that he was wearing early in the film in his "town dude" getup; rather, the flat-brimmed cowboy hat that he wore just before signing on with Harlan's group, and throughout the remainder of the film.)

I'm pretty sure that it wasn't a Stetson; their Website doesn't list anything like it, although I suppose that it could be a discontinued model.

I've seen one in the same style on Ebay, but that one was made of leather, rather than felt. (I think that it was felt  ???)

--John Omohundro
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 09:53:38 AM by JKOmohundro » Logged
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 08:03:07 PM »

John, here is the hat tread I had started a few months ago but I am unable to pin point that particular make of hat.  All I have is the leather E-bay version that you refer to.

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=6467.msg104337#msg104337
Madmanmarque

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 07:04:54 AM »

It is a 3X Stetson that was sold at auction in 2017 for $11,000.00.  It was originally purchased from Nudie's Rodeo Taylor.  It was probably shaped by the costume department.  I know a long time has passed since this post but maybe you're still out there.

Home Collectibles Memorabilia Movie Props

Select Language​▼
Clint Eastwood
Lot 1199: Clint Eastwood "Joe Kidd" screen worn Nudie's brand hat from Joe Kidd.
Sold: Log in to view
Profiles in History
June 27, 2017
Calabasas, CA, US
share Share
| View more details
More About this Item
Item Overview
Description:

1199. Clint Eastwood “Joe Kidd” screen worn Nudie’s brand hat from Joe Kidd. (Universal, 1972) Vintage original signature beaver cowboy hat Worn by Eastwood as “Joe Kidd”. The dark brown Stetson hat features an inverted crown and ornamental beige leather whip braid hatband with fringe at one end. Retaining interior leather sweatband with gold gilt imprinted “John B. Stetson Company, 3 X Beaver” on the left, “Nudies Rodeo Tailors, North Hollywood, California” on the right and “XXX Stetson” on the back of the band. The hat is expertly studio distressed to appear well-worn and weathered by the rugged West. Worn throughout the film as Eastwood’s signature character hat. In vintage production used very good to fine condition. $10,000 - $15,000
Request more information
Payment & Shipping
Auction Details
Terms
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 10:09:50 AM »

It HAS been a long time, but thanks for the information! :)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T