News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is there a particular actor you would have liked to have seen Clint work with?  (Read 11689 times)
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2007, 10:34:59 AM »

Actually, the guy I forgot about was Jack Nicholson. I think Eastwood would  be great with him. I thought Nicholson should had been in Space Cowboys.
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2007, 09:25:58 PM »

I have always loved Sissy Spacek. I would love to see where Clint plays the father of Sissy's character in a drama where they build their relationship in their older years.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 09:27:32 PM by Richard Earl » Logged

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2007, 09:31:20 PM »

Perhaps Sissy could play Frankie Dunn's daughter in a sequel to Million Dollar Baby. ;)
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2007, 09:41:51 PM »

Perhaps Sissy could play Frankie Dunn's daughter in a sequel to Million Dollar Baby. ;)
That is a great idea KC.  I wish someway that Clint could read this idea.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2007, 04:13:31 PM »

How about Brad Pitt,Matt Damon,George Clooney,Clive Owen,Daniel Craig,Russell Crowe,Leonardo DiCaprio or Viggo Mortensen  ???

Then there are these great actors that are not usually in the lead roles but are wonderful,great actors like Chris Cooper, David Strathairn,Paul Giamatti,William H.Macy and Jeffrey Wright.

Also I still think that it would be über cool if Sean Connery and Clint Eastwood would do a film together. 
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2007, 04:25:46 PM »

Of the fellows Hemlock named, I'd be especially intrigued to see Viggo Mortensen or Chris Cooper working with Clint.
lovelyrita

Yeah? Well I've got MediCare, go ahead and shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2007, 05:33:26 PM »

Of the fellows Hemlock named, I'd be especially intrigued to see Viggo Mortensen or Chris Cooper working with Clint.

KC  Chris Cooper is a good actor, what a combination that would have been..Good call!!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 05:34:37 PM by lovelyrita » Logged
Tehama Tony

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2007, 09:39:27 AM »

KC  Chris Cooper is a good actor, what a combination that would have been..Good call!!

Yes, Good call there.  Chris Cooper really made my day in his fairly short part in the recent movie Jarhead.  He was right on the money with that character.

"When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, the man with a pistol will be a dead man."  Ramon Rojo
howie

A MAN HAS TO KNOW HIS LIMITATIONS

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2007, 08:24:21 PM »

The "Duke"  John Wayne, James Cagney, Robert Mitchum, Humphrey Bogart, Audey Murphy.  These would cover the western, detective, and war movies.

As for women.....Barbara Stanwyck, Grace Kelly, Kim Basinger, Betty Davis, Saundra Bullock, Kim Delay.  These would make him happy!
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2007, 10:56:16 PM »

The "Duke"  John Wayne, James Cagney, Robert Mitchum, Humphrey Bogart, Audey Murphy.  These would cover the western, detective, and war movies.

As for women.....Barbara Stanwyck, Grace Kelly, Kim Basinger, Betty Davis, Saundra Bullock, Kim Delay.  These would make him happy!
Mentioning Barbara Stanwyck got me thinking Howie. It is not a movie but I could definitely see Clint as Lee Majors brother with Barbara in the TV show "The Big Valley". He would have been at the right age.
Now that I think about it , Clint could have been one of those tough Cartwright boys on Bonanza. Imagine Clint and Little Joe fist fighting the bad guys together. Man, that would have been cool.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2007, 03:42:01 AM »

Also I still think that it would be über cool if Sean Connery and Clint Eastwood would do a film together. 

Maybe they could both come out of retirement for cameos in Indiana Jones IV. ;)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
howie

A MAN HAS TO KNOW HIS LIMITATIONS

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2007, 04:58:36 AM »

Mentioning Barbara Stanwyck got me thinking Howie. It is not a movie but I could definitely see Clint as Lee Majors brother with Barbara in the TV show "The Big Valley". He would have been at the right age.
Now that I think about it , Clint could have been one of those tough Cartwright boys on Bonanza. Imagine Clint and Little Joe fist fighting the bad guys together. Man, that would have been cool.

Yes that would be cool.  I also thought about Betty Davis playing opposite of Cilnt in Plat Misty for Me.  With her eyes and acting ability....now that would be something to see!
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2007, 09:58:33 AM »

Eastwood/ Rita Hayworth= perfect.
Clint Van Wallach

Email
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2007, 09:31:16 PM »

I was going to say Lee Marvin, but then I remembered they did make a movie together.  ;)

True, but I had hoped for a many years prior to Marvin's death that he would team up with Clint again in a more serious flick. Unforntunately it never happened. I liked Lee's comedic turn as Kid Sheleen (and yes, Ben Rumson) but when he was cast as the villan there was none scarier. It would've been cool to see him as the heavy in one of Clint's movies.
WPK

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2007, 08:51:09 AM »

Paul Newman. Loved to have seen them together at their peak in the 70's.
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2007, 02:52:31 PM »

Paul Newman. Loved to have seen them together at their peak in the 70's.

Come to think of it Eastwood could`ve been great in Robert Redford`s roles in Butch Cassidy And Sundance Kid and also in The Sting...but  as we know it both of those films turned out to be great even without Eastwood  :)
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2007, 01:26:09 AM »

Actor and actress ?  ;)

I would loved to see Clint Eastwood play with Jodie Foster : to me , a fabulous actress, who can play a wide range of characters (think about "Taxi Driver", "The Accused", "Neil", "The Silence of The Lambs" ...), an authentic actress who refuses the"clichés" of the ONLY young and beautiful woman, who is involved in every part she played.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 01:30:31 AM by Sylvie » Logged

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2007, 09:16:55 PM »

I thought of one that would have been good. A young Clint in the mid 1960's in a western where he is teamed up with Chuck Conners(The Rifleman). Chuck could play the sheriff and Clint could play his deputee and they clean up a town together.

WeAllHaveItCominKid
Member Extraordinaire

They got a sign on him in front of Greely's?

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2007, 06:34:54 AM »

I would have loved to see Clint work with Jack Elam and Woody Strode.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2010, 07:41:23 PM »

Here was another fun one that I think the new members might like to have fun with.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T