News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lalo Schifrin Collectible ...  (Read 1094 times)
Blu

Would you like some of Bill Carson's tobacco too ?

View Profile Email
« on: August 27, 2007, 10:42:16 AM »

It seems that one of the greatest collections of old LP's, 45's, 78's and general music memorabillia from about the last 80 years or so is finally closing it's doors.  John Goddard's Village Music in Mill Valley, CA. (just over the hill from me) is closing it's doors for good next month.  After about 40 years in the business of selling vinyl from every music genre known to man --everything from early big band to boogie to jazz to country to R&B to Rock --and beyond, gets shuttered on Sept. 30 --mainly due to high rent.   A buyer for the business has not been found.

This is a true travesty as there may well not be another store of this kind anywhere else in the Bay Area -- and possibly, anywhere else in the world according to B.B. King, a regular visitor to this museum of music history.

Which brings me to the Eastwood connection...  The last few times I have been in Village Music, I have seen an old cardboard standup poster/ lobbycard of some kind advertising an old concert by Lalo Schifrin.   It's a bit ratty around the edges, but it sells for only about $4 
--possibly less, as John is now cutting prices on his enormous stock of inventory (both vinyl and general music memorabillia/ magazines).   I also might be able to find a rare vinyl jazz (or other) recording there if any of you have something in mind  (about 80% of this stock is not available on CD).  I would be willing to do this for a small fee or in exchange for Clint DVD(s) or memorabillia.

Let me know if any of y'all are interested...

-Blu         
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 11:06:12 AM by Blu » Logged

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's rainin'[/b]...."
Blu

Would you like some of Bill Carson's tobacco too ?

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 10:38:46 AM »

...  Last chance folks.   The store is closing.

-Blu    :P   

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's rainin'[/b]...."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T