News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Invictus (formerly: The Human Factor): Production Information & News.  (Read 89455 times)
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2009, 09:25:49 AM »

palooka,   What an amazing trip you had.  How wonderful to speak to Clint and to get an autograph.   That is one signing you know is genuine.  :)    So looking forward to seeing the pictures and reading all about your trip.  It was kind of you to let us know your news.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 01:13:04 AM by Lin. » Logged
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2009, 09:42:39 AM »

How happy am I for you palooka, really !

I "just" saw Clint Eastwood in 2007, and was sat close to his seat  ... but ... TALK TO HIM ... waouuu ! You're a lucky man, and I am sure that it will be one of your unforgettable memories ! :)

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2009, 09:44:20 AM »

:) Hi, Palooka !   That is so great !    I am very happy that you spent a very enviable event !   I am looking forward to your reports.     Can't wait !      O0

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2009, 09:56:42 AM »

wooouu!!  :D I can't wait to hear more, palooka!  O0

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
Aline

Email
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2009, 10:31:11 AM »

Amazing, palooka. You're lucky! O0
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2009, 11:51:09 AM »

Looking forward to hearing more, palooka! :) O0
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2009, 12:59:46 PM »

Congratulations, palooka! I can't wait to hear more (and see that AUTHENTIC autograph)!
eagle

View Profile Email
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2009, 09:10:52 PM »

Clint is now at Ellis Park Johannessburg is their anyone that i can ask if possible to meet and greet or even i hour on the set is this so dam hard to achieve a life long dream to meet my hero i even work at ellis park  on occation doing sport and i cant get near anybody to help.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2009, 09:18:59 PM »

I'm afraid we can't help you here, eagle ... this is just a fan site, and we have no way to contact Mr. Eastwood. Good luck, I hope you somehow manage to make your dream come true!
palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2009, 05:17:59 AM »

Well firstly I have to say what an amazing place Cape Town is. When I initially won this auction I thought it might be a nice glamorous location to film and put a nice edge to our trip. But Cape Town is wonderful, full of relaxed friendly folk and the 2 weeks we spent there were simply awesome.

The first week we spent sight seeing and soaking up the atmosphere. Table Mountain and Robben Island the must see places. We noticed the production signs all around town – they were filming all over the place using locations for the vast majority of scenes. They have just passed the halfway point of filming and, as noted in a post above, are currently at Ellis Park in Johannesburg.

We were given our filming details on the Saturday for shooting on Monday. We were asked to attend production base camp for 11.30 and wear winter clothing without logos. This required a quick trip to the mall as we had obviously packed for the glorious autumn weather. The items we picked passed the 1995 test with the wardrobe department and we were filmed in the clothes we bought.

The scene we did took place at the “Ferrymans” bar in the Waterfront area of the city. It is close to the aquarium and a popular place with tourists day and night. I have attached an image below so that those near by might check it out.  We stood in the background for a number of shots with Matt Damon before taking a more prominent position for “our” scenes. The scenes ultimately spilled out on to the streets outside and there was a large crowd there watching before the end.

I really don’t want to say anything just yet about what was actually filmed as it really should be kept private at the moment. I’ll go into much more detail as the film is released. Security and privacy on set was paramount and I don’t want to break the trust we were given by announcing on here what we did. I am sure the readership here will understand that.

At the end of the day we got to meet the great man himself. He is a gentleman of the highest order. Very softly spoken, friendly and considerate. (in fact it was often difficult to know when the cameras were actually rolling as things were done so gently and without fuss – a true genius at work!) He was clearly tired after a day of filming yet took the time to pose for photos and signed a call sheet for me (a call sheet is the daily production information pages given to cast and crew detailing the shots and other requirements, like health and safety, for the days filming) I was especially delighted to get this signed as it is the best possible souvenir of the day. 

We received VIP treatment the whole day and the trip was everything I could have possibly wished for.  It was an honour to watch Clint Eastwood work and it will be a memory I’ll cherish forever.

I’m happy to try and answer any questions if folk here have them but I really can’t divulge any details of the movie itself.

The location ..

And the legend that is Clint Eastwood ..

« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 06:49:51 AM by palooka » Logged

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Aline

Email
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2009, 06:36:00 AM »

wow wow wow
you're so lucky, palooka! O0
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2009, 06:42:33 AM »

If that's Mrs. Palooka, I'm not sure I like the way Clint is putting his arm around her. ;)

Just kidding ... what a wonderful experience, and thanks so much for sharing it with us.
palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2009, 06:51:46 AM »

That is indeed Mrs Palooka.

Clint said, "now lets see if I can just cuddle up here" as he put his arm around her. She LOVED it.

Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2009, 08:00:37 AM »

That is indeed Mrs Palooka.

Clint said, "now lets see if I can just cuddle up here" as he put his arm around her. She LOVED it.

;) LUCKY WOMAN !!!

Thank you palooka for sharing with us those impressions and pictures ! :)

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2009, 10:25:15 AM »

:)    Wow..........!        What a wonderful experience !  8)         I'm very happy for you and Mrs.Palooka !    :)

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Ivy

View Profile Email
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2009, 02:13:14 PM »

Aww.. that's so sweet.
A wonderful experience, indeed. And the picture is lovely.

Where does it say I gotta drop everything and answer the phone every time it rings?
_Clintan_

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2009, 03:53:43 PM »

What an amazing time you must have had, I'm so jealous of you right now, but at the same time very happy for you. Love the pic!

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2009, 10:12:34 PM »

Palooka,   What a wonderful time you had.   That picture is one to treasure forever.   It certainly is a trip you will never forget.    When the movie is out on DVD and can stopped at certain spots we can see if we can find you in the scenes you appeared in.   It will be great to point you and Mrs Palooka out saying "I know them!"  ;)       The smiles on both your faces say everything you are feeling at that moment.   I am so happy for both of you, even if a little (lot?) jealous.  :)
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2009, 03:16:58 AM »

Palooka,   What a wonderful time you had.   That picture is one to treasure forever.   It certainly is a trip you will never forget.    When the movie is out on DVD and can stopped at certain spots we can see if we can find you in the scenes you appeared in.   It will be great to point you and Mrs Palooka out saying "I know them!"  ;)       The smiles on both your faces say everything you are feeling at that moment.   I am so happy for both of you, even if a little (lot?) jealous.  :)
:) The same thought !    I think that you and Mrs.Palooka are in the movie !    O0     And the next ?   Make us share early without irritating !       :D   ;D

palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2009, 03:20:42 AM »

Sorry had to delete that image.  More to come

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T