News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dirty Harry Ultimate Collectors Edition/BluRay-News, Reviews, Discussion  (Read 39290 times)
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: February 06, 2008, 08:25:22 AM »

These Dirty Harry sets sound great!  I wonder what extras will be included on them?  It must be something substantial because Dirty Harry is getting the 2 disk treatment.

BTW these will be out on HD-DVD and Blu-ray too  :)

Hammerhead

Get the hell out of the way, hammerhead.

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 08:39:13 AM »

BTW these will be out on HD-DVD and Blu-ray too  :)

Just to be pedantic, they will be out on Blu-ray, but not HD-DVD as Warner isd dropping its support for that format.

Seems like we'll get a few decent extras on Dirty Harry, but not much on the others.  :(

I was hoping the deleted scenes from Magnum Force had been found. A commentary from, say, David Soul and Robert Ulrich would have been good to.  :)
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 11:44:31 PM »

Just to be pedantic, they will be out on Blu-ray, but not HD-DVD as Warner isd dropping its support for that format.

No, they will be on HD-DVD too.  Warners isn't dropping HD-DVD until May, and it has been confirmed via a reliable site that HD-DVD will get the release:  All five films will also be included in a Dirty Harry: Ultimate Collector's Edition box set (available in DVD, Blu-ray and HD-DVD), which will also feature the Clint Eastwood: Out of the Shadows bonus disc.
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

I was hoping the deleted scenes from Magnum Force had been found. A commentary from, say, David Soul and Robert Ulrich would have been good to.  :)

We can only dream  :)

Hammerhead

Get the hell out of the way, hammerhead.

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 04:38:21 AM »

Ah, apologies, brain fade on my part, I didn't quite click that Q2 was before May.

So we can expect these really quite soon then, great!

Although I'm bracing myself to be disappointed at the quality of the extras. At least we might get the original mono soundtracks, complete with "Is this your case" on Magnum Force and no apple "bonk" on The Enforcer.  :)
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 05:16:49 AM »

Although I'm bracing myself to be disappointed at the quality of the extras. At least we might get the original mono soundtracks, complete with "Is this your case" on Magnum Force and no apple "bonk" on The Enforcer.  :)

Very well put Hammerhead.
I think we should all get ready for lesser "original" extras because there just not very many to select.
TV spots (and I wish I had offered my UK Dirty Harry one) would be nice for fans that have yet to see them.

philo .

"I won't be hitting you with my face"
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 11:01:26 AM »

Very well put Hammerhead.
I think we should all get ready for lesser "original" extras because there just not very many to select.
TV spots (and I wish I had offered my UK Dirty Harry one) would be nice for fans that have yet to see them.

philo .

Why didn't you offer it Philo?  They may have used it!

cwphoto

Opinion's are like @#!holes, everybody's got one!

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 04:39:34 PM »

Can't wait to see what Warner can do on a 1080p transfer:
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=937

Coming Q2 2008 in Ultimate Collector's Edition Box Set!

As I remember, the last time we played as a team I got the cue stuck in my ass.
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 03:05:34 AM »

Hi Philojr,

I would have tried but I only thought the movies were getting the HD treatment. I didn't realise that we were getting another Harry special edition.

The UK spot I have is 35mm and unique to the UK release.

Philo .

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 02:45:12 AM »

This is slightly off topic but back about 15 or 20 years when Warner Bros. were celebrating 65 or 70 years, a lot of their big films from the past were back on the big screen here for a limited time and I always regret not going to see Dirty Harry on the big screen.

I hope they do that again. I'd rather see an old classic Eastwood flick on the big screen than on DVD any day. No matter what extras they have.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 03:44:15 AM »

I'd rather see an old classic Eastwood flick on the big screen than on DVD any day. No matter what extras they have.

Dirty Harry or any Panavision Eastwood film is always a big screen must.

Philo .

Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 10:40:03 PM »

I regret not going to see an Easwood western movie marathon around the time Unforgiven was getting criticial acclaim and picking up momentum at the box office.  I'd only seen Pale Rider and was sorely disappointed.  Since then I've seen the extended version of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on the big screen.  I'd still love to see the first 2 Leone westerns, Hang 'Em High, High Plains Drifter and The Outlaw Josey Wales. 

Yeah, I'd love to see the first 3 Dirty Harry movies on the big screen, too.  I would definitely make an effort to see them if some kind of marathon was ever run.

“Eyuh.”
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 02:04:14 PM »

Artwork for the new boxset has been released.

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=67161

Walt
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2008, 01:34:59 AM »

Nice enough graphics if a bit boring. The extras on these will have to be really special to make me shell out any more cash as I already have them all on DVD.

Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2008, 12:14:20 PM »

“Eyuh.”
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 01:27:16 PM »

Not 100% sure, but the Dirty Harry Collection is for region 1, so I assume The Ultimate Collector's Edition is the same.

cwphoto

Opinion's are like @#!holes, everybody's got one!

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 08:24:37 PM »

As I remember, the last time we played as a team I got the cue stuck in my ass.
Walt
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 02:35:20 AM »

For any UK fans who have yet to buy a multi region dvd player get over to Amazon and pick up this little gem.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alba-DVD62Xi-Channel-Region-Player/dp/B000JBXWRS
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 07:26:00 AM by Walt » Logged
Glenny

"Trick or Treat, punk."

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 01:03:12 PM »

All Aboard the Crazy Train.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 06:43:44 PM »

Nice enough graphics if a bit boring. The extras on these will have to be really special to make me shell out any more cash as I already have them all on DVD.
I agree with all of that. I like the idea of a 2-disc version of Dirty Harry, and some extras for the other films, but I'm not sure if I'll dish out the money for these (not sure if I'll have the money to dish out for these ;)). But I'd love to get a chance to see the extras!
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2008, 10:36:59 PM »

No, they will be on HD-DVD too.  Warners isn't dropping HD-DVD until May, and it has been confirmed via a reliable site that HD-DVD will get the release:  All five films will also be included in a Dirty Harry: Ultimate Collector's Edition box set (available in DVD, Blu-ray and HD-DVD), which will also feature the Clint Eastwood: Out of the Shadows bonus disc.
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/mytwocentsa152.html#dirty

(LATE UPDATE - 3/3/08 - 4:30 PM PST)

Here's a quick update: We've just been informed by Warner Home Video that the Dirty Harry: Ultimate Collection Boxset will NOT be released on HD-DVD format on 6/3 as we originally reported earlier today. The title IS still listed in the studio's online press database, but we've officially confirmed this afternoon with WHV's VP for Catalog Publicity & Promotion, Ronnee Sass, that it's an error. There will be no Dirty Harry on HD-DVD. Just FYI. Sorry for the confusion.

Stay tuned...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T