News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movie Night -- Million Dollar Baby, February 16, 2008  (Read 88688 times)
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #440 on: February 16, 2008, 04:43:11 PM »

Thank you everyone, it's time for me to go to sleep.

Great movie!  :) I usually don't like sad endings, but this and Bridges are both fantastic.

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #441 on: February 16, 2008, 04:43:32 PM »

That was a great night.   SK and KC did a brilliant job pity SK had golf!    Next time I hope he can join us.

Good night to everyone who is going out, going to bed or just going to eat.
JSE

Email
« Reply #442 on: February 16, 2008, 04:43:50 PM »

Thanks everybody...hopefully we can do one in a few weeks time
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #443 on: February 16, 2008, 04:44:18 PM »

It's somehow comforting to see the same names in the credits...somethings in the world stay the same

Clint sticks with a good team.
Alcatraz
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #444 on: February 16, 2008, 04:44:21 PM »

Great fun, gotta go now. Bye all.

"Reality continues to ruin my life" - Calvin
JSE

Email
« Reply #445 on: February 16, 2008, 04:44:35 PM »

Thank you everyone, it's time for me to go to sleep.

Great movie!  :) I usually don't like sad endings, but this and Bridges are both fantastic.

Good night -satu-, sweet dreams
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #446 on: February 16, 2008, 04:45:32 PM »

Bye guys!  :)

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
JSE

Email
« Reply #447 on: February 16, 2008, 04:45:40 PM »

Good night everyone!
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #448 on: February 16, 2008, 04:45:42 PM »

Good night satu.
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #449 on: February 16, 2008, 04:56:41 PM »

My old German drama teacher used to say, "Tragedy is when someone has two choices, and they're both wrong." At this moment, the film becomes Frankie Dunn's tragedy.

This story is too sad, I cry last even this story  I watch how many times . :'(
But , today it's a little difference because I was with you all! Thanks everybody. :)

Is it true that Old Clint lose a son (his first son and he still life!)in his old day ? :'(
So this seems to lead to the event of his past! :'(

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #450 on: February 16, 2008, 04:58:50 PM »

This story is too sad, I cry last even this story  I watch how many times . :'(
But , today it's a little difference because I was with you all! Thanks everybody. :)

Is it true that Old Clint lose a son (his first son and he still life!)in his old day ? :'(
So this seems to lead to the event of his past! :'(

Higashimori, I'm so glad you could join us! 8)

As far as I know, all of Clint's children are still living, so I don't know anything about that story.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #451 on: February 16, 2008, 05:04:38 PM »

By the way ... Higashimori's presence here reminded me that AMC (here in the U.S.) is showing Letters from Iwo Jima at 8:00 (Eastern) tonight.

Here's the blurb from TV Guide ...

Letters from Iwo Jima   

8:00pm  AMC  ch:35  150min  2006  R
Clint Eastwood's charged companion piece to his "Flags of Our Fathers" examines the World War II battle from the Japanese perspective. Ken Watanabe gives a commanding performance as Imperial general Tadamichi Kuribayashi, who led the defending troops. Kazunari Ninomiya. The film was a Best Picture nominee and Eastwood received a nod for directing the film, which he also coproduced and co-wrote the score with his son Kyle and Michael Stevens. Steven Spielberg also served as producer.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #452 on: February 17, 2008, 02:14:46 AM »

It looks like this was one of the best attended movie nights, if not ever, then definitely in a long long while.

Disappointed I couldn't make it, although I made the decision to go ahead and it looks like it was the right decision. As I've said before I hope we get more regular movie nights in 2008.

Sorry about the confusion about the breaks. I did originally post that the times were for region 4 and may not be the same for other regions, but maybe I should have asked KC to set the break times since I wasn't going to be here. Something to remember for future movie nights.

I see there was confusion at the start as well with the board clock. I noticed a couple of weeks back that it seems to have gained a few minutes ahead of what it should be. Very strange.  ???

A big thank you to everyone who participated in today's Movie Night and I hope to see you there next time. 8)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #453 on: February 19, 2008, 12:42:00 AM »

I just read the comments from the other night. I noticed that AB thought about Clint's voice sounding like Gunny Highway's voice many posts before mind. I thought I was the only one. That was a fun movie night. After reading the posts, I think that I take the film too seriously. I cannot help it though.
I am glad that I was able to join in with you all that night.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T