News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movie Night Survey  (Read 13622 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« on: February 20, 2008, 02:41:27 AM »

After the successful movie night last weekend, it looks like we might get this back on a more regular basis this year. This survey is to gather everyone's thoughts and prefrences regarding movie nights. It isn't a poll, so if the majority prefer one thing over another, it isn't set in concrete that that's what will happen from now on. We're trying to see what we can do to make future movie nights even better.

1)   Do you prefer Movie Nights on a Saturday or Sunday night?

2)   Though we've started a couple of Movie Nights, like Million Dollar Baby last Saturday, at 4:00 P.M Eastern U.S. time/9:00 PM GMT, most have been scheduled for one hour later, at 5:00 P.M Eastern U.S. time/10:00 PM GMT.

Do you prefer the earlier or the later start time for Movie Nights?

3)   If your schedule would let you join us on a given Movie Night, does your participation solely depend on the film we choose? Or if we picked a lesser liked film, would you still participate?

4)   Do you have any other questions or suggestions regarding future Movie Nights on the board?

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Fhil
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 02:58:20 PM »

1) Saturday nights.

2) I like the earlier start time.

3) My participation depends on whether I have the film or not. ;)

Ellen

♥Once In A Lifetime♥

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 07:35:56 PM »

1. Either is fine with me.
2. As late as possible.
3. I normally prefer the lesser liked films. Excluding two films that I never aim to view again, the only thing that can keep me away, is my schedule.

I realized that he had been here just a few minutes before.
I was lying where the water had run down his body . . . and I found that intensely erotic.
Almost everything about Robert Kincaid . . . had begun to seem erotic to me.
JSE

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 03:10:14 AM »

1) Saturday nights

2) Earlier start time

3) I would participate every time as long as it did not conflict with other responsibilities

4) I was wondering about the possibility of using a web-based shared video stream that we can all use.  One such service is clipsync at http://www.clipsync.com/  I don't know too much about it but it looks like it allows a 'host' to control the event and pause the movie with members making commenst etc within the same screen.  Might be something to look into anyway
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 03:30:50 AM »

4) I was wondering about the possibility of using a web-based shared video stream that we can all use.  One such service is clipsync at http://www.clipsync.com/  I don't know too much about it but it looks like it allows a 'host' to control the event and pause the movie with members making commenst etc within the same screen.  Might be something to look into anyway

I think this type of question has been raised in the past. The main reason that we play the film on our PC or DVD players and post here on the board, is for the members who can't attend on the night, have the chance to go through the thread at a later time as it's stays on the board in the Movie Night section.

I know with the different regions of DVD's that some run faster than others, and it does get a little confusing when someone mentions a scene which you are about to see since your about half a minute behind. This is why we have three intermissions during movie night. That and it gives everyone a chance to relax and catch up on the posts and visit the amenities as well.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 03:32:26 AM by The Schofield Kid » Logged

JSE

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 03:43:34 AM »

Yes, those are valid points...and I guess there is also the rights issue of whether these online video services allow its users to watch and share hollywood movies rather than simple 'homemade' clips.

I think it does work quite well at the moment with what we are doing but it would be prudent to keep an eye out for anything that could improve the experience at a later date.  I'm not sure whether the web is at that kind of level yet?
Alcatraz
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 04:35:45 PM »

1) Saturday nights.

2) I like the earlier start time.

3) My participation depends on whether I have the film or not. ;)

This, exactly.

"Reality continues to ruin my life" - Calvin
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 10:54:04 PM »

Sunday nights are the best for me since I work in retail and being a manager I have to be there unless I am on vacation. I would not want to get in the way of Saturday's though since most of the members prefer that day. Basically I will join in on a movie night if I can. I would love to have some when it is late here in the States. That is when my family is asleep and I can truly concentrate on the film and the board.
I will watch any Clint film with the exception of City Heat. I know that it is a Clint movie but it is the only one that I cannot stand. :o

The two movie nights that I have been apart of I've enjoyed immensely.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 11:19:20 PM »

I'm sure that however this survey comes out, we're going to continue to be somewhat flexible. If everyone but one person would prefer Saturday for a given Movie Night, but that one person CANNOT make it on Saturday and the others CAN make it on Sunday, we'll probably go to Sunday, especially if the group is relatively small and the person in question hasn't been able to join us in many other movie nights. We want everyone to have a chance to participate!

Or maybe there'll be a night for which no one in European time zones can join us. Then we'd have an opportunity to go to a later U.S. starting time. 8)

Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 11:27:08 PM »

You rock KC O0

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 12:38:51 AM »

1) Saturday nights

2) Earlier start time

3) I don't mind in the least what film we watch -I'd be there even if we had a Joe Kidd movie night ( :D) My participation only depends on my schedule.

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for himů" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 12:45:38 AM »

1) Saturday nights

2) Earlier start time

3) I don't mind in the least what film we watch -I'd be there even if we had a Joe Kidd movie night ( :D) My participation only depends on my schedule.
Joe Kidd AB? You are a trooper O0

Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 03:41:42 AM »

^ Trooper AB reporting for duty, Sir

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for himů" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
Alcatraz
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 09:44:03 AM »

A Met?  :o

"Reality continues to ruin my life" - Calvin
Ellen

♥Once In A Lifetime♥

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2008, 07:43:48 PM »

4) Do you have any other questions or suggestions regarding future Movie Nights on the board?

Yes, is it possible to avoid "all" holiday weekends?!?  ;)

I realized that he had been here just a few minutes before.
I was lying where the water had run down his body . . . and I found that intensely erotic.
Almost everything about Robert Kincaid . . . had begun to seem erotic to me.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 11:33:31 PM »

I suppose I should take the survey as well, so we know everyone's prefrences. :)

Saturday Nights

2)   Though we've started a couple of Movie Nights, like Million Dollar Baby last Saturday, at 4:00 P.M Eastern U.S. time/9:00 PM GMT, most have been scheduled for one hour later, at 5:00 P.M Eastern U.S. time/10:00 PM GMT.

Earlier time

3)   If your schedule would let you join us on a given Movie Night, does your participation solely depend on the film we choose? Or if we picked a lesser liked film, would you still participate?

No matter what film we vote for, if I'm not playing golf, I'll be here.

-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2008, 08:35:35 AM »

1) Saturday
2) Earlier time
3) If I don't have anything important to do (which is unlikely, because of the starting time), I'll be there no matter what film is chosen.  O0

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2008, 10:06:05 AM »

1) Saturday or Sunday

2) Earlier time

3) I'll be there whatever the movie, provided I can get a shift change and it's not on the very odd occasion we would be out.
Jaffe

Usual?

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2008, 09:07:14 AM »

4)   Do you have any other questions or suggestions regarding future Movie Nights on the board?

1) Saturday

2) Earlier

3)My participation does not depend on the film.
Clint has not made anything totally unwatchable, and I enjoy the company of the board members.

4)Let's try and solve the problems we had with the starting time last Movie Night.

"Usual." "Usual lunch, or usual dinner?" "What difference does it make?" "Not much."
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2008, 03:15:30 AM »

4)Let's try and solve the problems we had with the starting time last Movie Night.

I don't know why the board clock suddenly jumped ahead about three minutes a couple of weeks back, but movie nights always start by the board clock. It's always an idea if possible to drop in 10 minutes early to see who's around and how long to go before showtime.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T