News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eastwood Films on DVD/Blu-Ray (Upcoming Releases, News, Reviews etc)  (Read 201257 times)
iconfan

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #240 on: September 01, 2013, 08:52:17 AM »

Eastwood Factor - a shorter version of the 90 minute version-came out a few years ago ( 2010)

Here is a description of it from amazon

For 35 years Clint Eastwood has called Warner Bros. home. In The Eastwood Factor (Extended Version), film historian Richard Schickel (You Must Remember This: The Warner Bros. Story) ventures beyond Eastwood’s tough, iconic screen personas to reveal the easygoing and thoughtful man behind the magic. Morgan Freeman narrates this insightful profile that features memorable film clips and visits to movie locations, the Warner Bros. lot and Eastwood’s hometown Carmel where, with humor, candor and intelligence, Eastwood illuminates the craft behind his legendary work on both sides of the camera to create a rare experience that is pure, unadulterated Clint.

This two DVD set has the full 90 minute version of Eastwood Factor

And now Eastwood Directs Untold Story is brand new and only 65 mins
This is the description of it on amazon

This documentary highlights the more the 40 movies that Clint Eastwood has made. It explores his style of direction and features comments from people with whom he has worked.

So far all I have seen is the hour long  Eastwood Factor ---- So now with this second DVD (Eastwood Directs which is 65 mins and the extra stuff they added to Factor so its "An Extended version" ... I figure I'm getting an extra 90 minutes of stuff about the man )

You can always google Eastwood Directs for a handful of reviews about both DVDs
Either way I'm excited. Its almost the next best thing to a new film from the man.

................almost.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 09:11:16 AM by iconfan » Logged
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #241 on: September 07, 2013, 05:28:11 AM »

I see they have the packaging marked as being a 40th anniversary edition, but it doesn't look like there's going to be any extra features other than the trailer. That's too bad if that ends up being the only special feature.

Has anyone purchased it ,yet ? No extras I'm afraid.

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #242 on: September 10, 2013, 06:57:04 AM »

Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #243 on: October 12, 2013, 06:02:55 AM »

« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 06:06:28 AM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #244 on: October 16, 2013, 09:48:16 AM »

Million Dollar Baby: 10th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced the Blu-ray release of writer Paul Haggis and director/producer/composer Clint Eastwood's Million Dollar Baby: 10th Anniversary Edition, starring Eastwood, Hillary Swank and Morgan Freeman. The acclaimed drama won four Academy Awards, including Best Picture, and is being re-released on Blu-ray on February 4, 2014.

Synopsis: "I don't train girls," trainer Frankie Dunn growls. But something's different about Maggie Fitzgerald, the spirited boxing hopeful who shows up daily at Dunn's gym. All she wants is a fighting chance. Clint Eastwood plays Dunn and directs, produces and composes music for this tale of heart, hope and family. Swank plays resilient Maggie, determined not to abandon her one dream. And Freeman is Scrap, gym caretaker and counterpoint to Dunn's crustiness. Grab your dreams and come out swinging.

Warner Bros. hasn't detailed the new 10th Anniversary edition's technical specifications or special features, and there's no word as to whether the disc will offer a remastered presentation or lossless audio (the only option on the original 2006 Blu-ray is a Dolby Digital 5.1 surround track).

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=12362

higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #245 on: October 20, 2013, 07:14:54 PM »

High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/61865/high-plains-drifter/

Final Thoughts:

High Plains Drifter may wear its influences plainly on its sleeve but that doesn't take away from the fact that it is a very well made and ridiculously dramatic western with loads of style and atmosphere. Eastwood's performance is strong, he's quite intense here, and the movie is nicely paced and beautifully shot. If it isn't the most original film in the world, it is a hardboiled and violent story packed with excitement and tension and it makes for great entertainment. Universal's Blu-ray release disappoints in the extras department and curiously omits the original sound mix but makes up for that with a beautiful transfer. Highly recommended.

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #246 on: December 24, 2013, 10:00:01 AM »

Blu-ray Release: Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

Blu-ray Release Date: Feb. 11, 2014
Price: Blu-ray $29.95
Studio: Twilight Time

The 1974 comedy crime thriller Thunderbolt and Lightfoot starring Clint Eastwood (Trouble with the Curve) and Jeff Bridges (The Big Lebowski) makes its Blu-ray debut from Twilight Time.

Eastwood plays a typically laconic loner, a big-time thief in hiding who hooks up with a goofy young drifter (Bridges, giving an Oscar-nominated performance). First attempting to escape from a couple of vengeful former partners (George Kennedy, Geoffrey Lewis), then joining forces with them to pull off a risky robbery, Eastwood and Bridges offer an ultimately touching portrait of masculine friendship.

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot marked the directing debut of screenwriter Michael Cimino of The Deer Hunter fame and Heaven’s Gate infamy, who worked under the meticulous guidance of star/producer Eastwood.

The movie is gorgeously photographed in Montana’s Big Sky country by Frank Stanley, and it features a score by Eastwood regular Dee Barton.

As supplier Twilight Time prints up only 3,000 copies of each title, be prepared to pre-order this one directly from distributor Screen Archives. The prebook date hasn’t been announced yet, but we’re assuming it’ll be in or around mid-January.

http://www.discdish.com/index.php/2013/12/23/blu-ray-release-thunderbolt-and-lightfoot/

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #247 on: December 24, 2013, 04:41:24 PM »

I would consider getting Thunderbolt and Lightfoot on Blu-ray, especially if there's some special features. Though I'm not sure we'll get that lucky.
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #248 on: December 27, 2013, 07:11:28 PM »

Guys, you may already be aware of this so pls ignore if so....

The upcoming T&L Blu ray is a limited edition with only 3000 copies, and MIGHT sell out real quick, so my advice is put up your pre-order as soon as it goes on sale.

Otherwise there is a UK release coming out (but may be region locked).

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #249 on: December 27, 2013, 07:28:51 PM »

Philo Beddoe Jr, nice to hear from you! :)
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #250 on: January 04, 2014, 08:29:09 PM »

Philo Beddoe Jr, nice to hear from you! :)

Hi KC :-)  Happy 2014!

antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #251 on: January 07, 2014, 11:00:33 AM »

Million Dollar Baby: 10th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=12362

ordered :)

Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #252 on: January 07, 2014, 12:40:44 PM »

Million Dollar Baby, another fantastic latter-day Eastwood film!  Man, it'd be great to see him work with Freeman again on screen.  They're great together.

“Eyuh.”
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #253 on: January 09, 2014, 10:40:32 AM »

Million Dollar Baby, another fantastic latter-day Eastwood film!  Man, it'd be great to see him work with Freeman again on screen.  They're great together.

Suppose it would be great to see him on screen with or without Mr Freeman ;)

Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #254 on: January 09, 2014, 10:48:31 AM »

Suppose it would be great to see him on screen with or without Mr Freeman ;)

Yeah, tha'ts a given.

“Eyuh.”
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #255 on: January 17, 2014, 10:42:38 AM »

I still don't understand why they don't use the original artwork  >:(

The 1995 film adaptation of “The Bridges of Madison County” directed by and starring Clint Eastwood is coming to Blu-ray Disc on May 6th, 2014 via Warner Home Video. The film, based on the best seller by Robert James Waller, co-starred Meryl Streep, Annie Corley, Victor Slezak and Jim Haynie. Tech specs for the release include full 1080p Hi-Def video and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The title is available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon with a $13.99 price tag. Bonus materials set to be included on the release have not yet been detailed but stay tuned for an update.

You can check the back cover through Amazon.It seems the extras will be the same as the special edition dvd (which I own,as well the first one,as well the vhs & can't find a reason to buy the blu ray--it will eventually happen though :idiot2:)

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #256 on: January 17, 2014, 09:05:34 PM »

Antonis, what is the link to that?
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #257 on: January 17, 2014, 09:37:45 PM »

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #258 on: January 17, 2014, 09:56:38 PM »

Thanks! 8)
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #259 on: January 28, 2014, 01:00:43 PM »

THUNDERBOLT AND LIGHTFOOT (1974) (PRE-ORDER) (BLU-RAY)
Starring:  George Kennedy, Clint Eastwood, Jeff Bridges, Geoffrey Lewis, Gary Busey
Directed By:  Michael Cimino
Composed By:  Dee Barton
PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release date of February 11, 2014 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
LANGUAGE: English
VIDEO: 1080p High Definition / 2.35:1
AUDIO: English 1.0 DTS-HD MA
SUBTITLES: English SDH
1974 / Color
115 MINUTES
RATED: R
REGION FREE

Special Features: Isolated Music Track / Audio Commentary with Film Historians Lem Dobbs, Julie Kirgo, and Nick Redman / Original Theatrical Trailer

Limited Edition of 3,000 Units

http://www1.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/26666/THUNDERBOLT-AND-LIGHTFOOT-1974/

Ordered.....

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T