News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eastwood Films on DVD/Blu-Ray (Upcoming Releases, News, Reviews etc)  (Read 121572 times)
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #340 on: March 13, 2017, 01:44:49 PM »

It's kind of cool that "Unforgiven" is getting released in 4K (I don't have a 4K TV, but I've heard they are nice!). But, in my opinion, I think it's getting a little bit ridiculous how many versions of the same movie studios are releasing and hoping/expecting people will pay for. It seems a little exploitative to me. The average person cannot afford to purchase a DVD for $45 either!
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #341 on: September 08, 2017, 07:51:48 AM »

It probably won't happen, but I'd love to see a complete Eastwood film collection on Blu-Ray.  Everything from A Fistful Of Dollars to present day. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

“Eyuh.”
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #342 on: April 01, 2018, 02:51:18 AM »

The 15:17 To Paris DVD release date: May 22, 2018.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #343 on: September 01, 2018, 12:56:43 AM »

Clint Eastwood in “Hang ‘Em High” 50th Anniversary Edition on Blu-ray December

The 1968 Western “Hang ‘Em High” starring Clint Eastwood is getting a “50th Anniversary Edition” release on Blu-ray Disc come December 11th via Shout! Factory on their “Shout Select” label. The film, directed by Ted Post, co-starred Inger Stevens, Ed Begley, Pat Hingle, Bruce Dern, Dennis Hopper, and L.Q. Jones. Tech specs and bonus materials have not yet been detailed but they have teased they will be announcing them later. The title is not yet available for pre-order over at Amazon, but it is available for pre-order directly over at Shout! Factory – where you’ll get it 2 weeks early if you order. Stay tuned for further updates regarding this highly anticipated upcoming release. Let’s hope they give it a new transfer or perhaps restoration.

https://highdefdiscnews.com/2018/08/30/clint-eastwood-in-hang-em-high-50th-anniversary-edition-on-blu-ray-december/

My Christmas gift  O0

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #344 on: September 01, 2018, 03:55:09 PM »

I like the cover art (and it's being released on my birthday).
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #345 on: March 04, 2019, 07:11:47 PM »

The Mule will be released to Blu-ray and DVD April 2. https://www.dvdsreleasedates.com/movies/9225/the-mule

I just checked the Amazon page and it does list a special feature called "Making of The Mule: Nobody Runs Forever."
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 07:13:51 PM by Christopher » Logged
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #346 on: March 06, 2019, 05:38:47 PM »

The Mule will be released to Blu-ray and DVD April 2. https://www.dvdsreleasedates.com/movies/9225/the-mule

May 8, in Australia. :(

honkytonkman

View Profile Email
n
« Reply #347 on: May 06, 2019, 01:22:20 PM »

Anybody has got "The Mule" on Bluray or Bluray4k ? There would be some deleted scenes on the bonus (that's a premiere for a video-release in Clint's filmography).
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #348 on: May 06, 2019, 02:17:02 PM »

I recently bought a 4K TV, and wanted to watch "In the Line of Fire" on it since it's my favorite Eastwood movie. But, when I tried to stream it on Amazon, I got this: https://www.amazon.com/Line-Fire-Ultra-HD/dp/B00SG6YG6O. It's also on ITUNES, but it appears to only be in HD, not 4K.

I can't find it in 4K anywhere, including on a BluRay 4k disc for purchase. Do any of you have this? Has it been discontinued? I'm trying to figure out how I can watch this movie in 4K.

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #349 on: May 07, 2019, 05:34:32 PM »

AKA, you are sure that it was released in 4K?
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #350 on: May 08, 2019, 11:21:18 AM »

AKA, you are sure that it was released in 4K?

I think it was, KC. The Amazon link referred to a 4K UHD streaming option not being available currently, due to some kind of license issue, which suggests that it was available in the past.

Also, there is a site that tracks 4K discs in order to determine which ones were natively produced in 4K (Real 4K) and which ones were instead upscaled to 4K (Fake 4K). The website has "In the Line of Fire" listed as Real 4K. The list is alphabetical: https://4kmedia.org/real-or-fake-4k/3/
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #351 on: May 31, 2019, 02:56:12 PM »

The making of featurette on The Mule DVD was very interesting. It only goes for 10 minutes but has it been mentioned here before that some of the clothes that Clint wears in this film are clothes he's wore in other films?

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #352 on: July 30, 2019, 06:03:07 PM »

A few weeks ago an advertisement popped up on Facebook page about this film being released on DVD again here in Australia. I remember back in the early 2000's when I first got a DVD player I turned down buying Play Misty For Me because it was priced at $32.

I've always regretted it because I haven't seen the DVD since, only as a part of boxed sets. I actually bought a 4 pack of Clint's films about 8 years ago that had Play Misty For Me in it, since I thought it was my only chance to have the film in my collection. But I always wanted it as a stand alone.

Bought it today for $13. 8) 8)

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #353 on: July 30, 2019, 06:07:49 PM »

Did you already have the other three movies in the 4 pack set?
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #354 on: July 30, 2019, 06:27:21 PM »

Did you already have the other three movies in the 4 pack set?

Yeah. I think it was $20 and I bit the bullet, thinking it might be the only way I'll own it.

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #355 on: August 12, 2019, 03:02:51 PM »

I found this page talking about the new Bronco Billy Blu-ray release from Warner's Archive collection.

https://www.hidefninja.com/2019/07/28/bronco-billy-blu-ray-review/?fbclid=IwAR3zMPM3b7MCcDpSy1yv7IOEIJQYCxRbR5gqrezw-kIyJC_d5yWvU-gtxb8

I don't remember if it'd been mentioned before about the release.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T