News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AFI honors Clint Eastwood  (Read 1947 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« on: June 11, 2009, 03:00:19 AM »

"I never went to a film school because they didn't have them when I started out. But after doing more than 50 films as an actor and 30 as a director, I would have thought I could have graduated before this," he said.

Variety

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 05:26:00 AM »

The American Film Institute presents honorary degrees? Who knew?

Does it present non-honorary ones? ???
Dan Dassow
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 08:54:03 AM »

The American Film Institute presents honorary degrees? Who knew?

Does it present non-honorary ones? ???

http://www.afi.com/education/

AFI Conservatory
The AFI Conservatory trains aspiring filmmakers in a five-semester Master of Fine Arts Program. The philosophy of the Conservatory is to learn by doing, in a hands-on, collaborative environment. Professional filmmakers serve as mentors to Fellows enrolled in the disciplines of Cinematography, Directing, Editing, Producing, Production Design and Screenwriting.
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 05:17:15 AM »

:)  http://www.montereyherald.com/local/ci_12584011?source=rss

Professor Toro Column Title

Clint Eastwood, the coolest mayor Carmel ever had, earned more hardware this week.
On Wednesday, he received the American Film Institute's first-ever Life Achievement Award during AFI's commencement ceremonies in Los Angeles. According to reports, he was honored for "contribution of distinction to the art of the movie image."

In true Eastwood fashion, he quieted the adoring crowd by telling the audience to "Knock it off, will ya," then reflected on his early years in film.

"I never went to a film school because they didn't have them when I started out," he said. "But after doing more than 50 films as an actor and 30 as a director I would have thought I could have graduated before this."

Eastwood celebrated his 79th birthday two weeks ago.

While he was in Southern California picking up his award, he could have run over to the new Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in Hollywood, which features a spot-on representation of vintage Eastwood, back in his "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" days, complete with serape.

And Eastwood's latest film, "Gran Torino," is out in DVD.

Always busy, he is working on a DreamWorks picture called "Hereafter," which is billed as a "supernatural thriller."

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T