News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint's Kids  (Read 45527 times)
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #100 on: February 11, 2016, 10:09:38 PM »

The official movie site for " SUICIDE SQUAD ", directed by David Ayer. In theaters August 5, 2016.

http://www.suicidesquad.com/

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2016, 07:53:56 AM »

^ Scott Eastwood appears in it. Maybe we'll have to have a dedicated thread for him one of these days.
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2016, 12:46:09 AM »

" Alison Eastwood on Father Clint's Top Directing Advice: "Get a Lot of Sleep" "

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/alison-eastwood-clint-eastwood-directing-862587

The 'Battlecreek' helmer talks about acting, growing up in Hollywood and even a little politics (hint: she and her dad "just agree to disagree") as her sophomore film screens at the Santa Barbara Film Festival.

What advice did your dad give you on directing?

He has a dry sense of humor. So his biggest piece of advice for me as a director was, “Make sure you get a lot of sleep, because you're going to need it.” That was his big piece of advice. He has a funny way of giving support through different weird ways of saying things, so that it's not so direct. He's just kind of encouraging in a different way, and has a funny way of passing on words of wisdom. I don't think he's ever discouraged any of the kids from acting or wanting to direct or produce, but certainly he really hasn't encouraged it either. But once we’ve gotten different roles, he’s definitely very supportive of what everyone does and tries to be helpful.

He did tell me when I was directing my first movie [2007’s Rails & Ties], “Make sure that you make a definitive decision about what it is you want to do, what you want from the movie, or the characters or the actors, and don't stray.” And then he made a somewhat funny, derogatory comment about women directors, saying that a lot of them can be very wishy-washy, not know what they want, and they end up shooting things all different ways and not really having a definite vision. If you want to represent your gender, be very specific in your vision, and stick with it no matter what. Believe in what you're doing, as opposed to changing your mind or being wishy-washy in the middle of production, because the crew and your actors are sort of looking for you to have a very clear path.

Has your dad’s involvement in politics influenced you at all?

We don’t share the same political views. We just agree to disagree. There’s two things we don’t ever talk about: politics and religion.

" Battlecreek " Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPsTXllUcs4

http://blogs.indiewire.com/womenandhollywood/trailer-watch-love-keeps-the-darkness-at-bay-in-alison-eastwoods-battlecreek-20160209

I found that Alison has changed a lot! ???
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 12:19:19 PM by KC » Logged

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2016, 12:22:59 PM »

I moved Higashimori's post here from "Eastwood in the Press: Minor Mentions" in News, but I partially quoted it in its original place. I also edited the quote about Alison's political views. For the full quote, please follow the link to the Hollywood Reporter site.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2016, 10:11:16 PM »

I've moved a few posts about Scott from the end of this thread into Scott's new dedicated thread. Since Kyle also has a thread of his own, I guess this one is just for the girls now.

There's a joint interview with Alison and Clint here:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-ca-mn-fathers-day-clint-alison-eastwood-20160610-snap-story.html

I've been meaning to post the link. Antonis already posted a link to another source that cited this one in the Clint Pics thread, but that was just to give the source of the picture he posted there. It's a really nice interview. And here's another picture:

And here's a quote:

Few people can get away with teasing a man like his daughter can.

On a May afternoon, in a small office at his Malpaso Productions on the Warner Bros. lot, Clint Eastwood and his daughter Alison were discussing the 86-year-old director and actor’s career advice to his children.

“I just said, whatever you do, do it well,” Clint said. “If you’re going to be a phone operator, be the best phone operator.”

“Phone operator was my backup career,” Alison said, drily, provoking an amused smile from her dad.

“I guess they don’t really have phone operators any more, do they?” Clint said.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2016, 10:23:47 PM »

And now it's Francesca's turn ... apparently starring as the daughter of Will Munny and Strawberry Alice:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/15/movies/outlaws-and-angels-review.html

When Clint Eastwood’s “Unforgiven” won four Oscars, including best picture, in 1993, it was said that he’d created the ultimate western. A generation later, that doesn’t mean filmmakers have stopped making them. Still, in trying to find new uses for the genre, too many have subverted it. Sadly, Clint’s daughter Francesca Eastwood finds herself in “Outlaws and Angels,” which seems to aspire to horror festivals. (Ms. Eastwood’s mother, Frances Fisher, makes a brief appearance as well.)
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2016, 12:11:04 PM »

I just watched "Outlaws and Angels", and I'd say there is much more of the former in this movie.  It is one of the darkest flicks I've seen in a long time.  The plot was pretty good, and the acting (despite some bad old school Southern accents, Chad Michael Murray grumbles more than talks) is decent all-around.  Francesca Eastwood is fantastic, maybe the best performance in the movie.  There were some spaghetti western influences like the camera zooming in on facial expressions, scenery shots, and some sphagetti-ish music but I wouldn't say its a traditional western.

My biggest gripe is that it tries to hard to be dark for darks sake, if you know what I mean...Like a contrived "everybody must be full-on evil" dark.  Still, I'd rate it as decent because of the solid plot and characters, and say it's worth a watch.

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2016, 01:03:22 PM »

I hadn't heard of Outlaws and Angels before now. Is it or will it be available on DVD? How did you see it, Conan?
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2016, 04:19:24 PM »

You can watch it on Google Play or Youtube.  I think it was like 4 bucks on either option.

Brace yourself; its not a first date movie.

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2021, 01:26:10 PM »

I was browsing Amazon and found a movie on there called M.F.A with Francesca Eastwood from 2017. Has anyone seen it? It looks intense.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T