News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: If You Could Pick Clint's Next Project ...  (Read 1788 times)
[email protected]

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2020, 09:02:08 AM »

Clint needs to bring the Spaghetti westerns into the 21st Century.   He could direct and act in them with his son.   His son is virtually a clone of him.   I mean do it up real good.   Film in same locations.   They could do a whole Spaghetti Western series.   Also bring in Guest stars like Robert Duvall.   The 21st Century needs this.  It would be an instant hit.
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2020, 11:59:55 AM »

At this point I don't see Eastwood doing Horror, or even a movie that is going to be a political realm. Not that he needs it, but Eastwood's movies with the exception of a few have not been box office standouts over the past decade. From my own perspective I'd like to see him doing something in the lines of what Scorsese has done with the impending 'Killers Of The Flower Moon.'....
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2020, 12:21:31 AM »

Clint needs to bring the Spaghetti westerns into the 21st Century.   He could direct and act in them with his son.   His son is virtually a clone of him.   I mean do it up real good.   Film in same locations.   They could do a whole Spaghetti Western series.   Also bring in Guest stars like Robert Duvall.   The 21st Century needs this.  It would be an instant hit.

During the last decade, Clint was more interested in real life stories and people.
When he is the star of the movie, he seems more open to fictional stories.
I don?t know what is his next project nor when he will shoot his next film.
For sure, I would like to see him acting again.
But it is not so easy to find a good role for him.
I don?t think that he would like to make a spaghetti western with his son, just because he looks like him.
But who knows ?
I think that he probably will concentrate on directing an other real life story.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2020, 02:09:59 PM »

I think it?s time for Clint to do something that surprises us again...

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2020, 11:40:37 PM »

I think it?s time for Clint to do something that surprises us again...

Yes, I think so, Gant

I don?t know if that project in Hawaii is still there
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2020, 09:09:41 AM »

That spaghetti Western proposal makes no sense at all. That's even more ludicrous than people still suggesting Eastwood do another Dirty Harry.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2020, 09:24:58 AM »

Eastwood is never going to do another Western. He doesn't seem to care about his legacy overall when considering his future projects, but I do think he cares about "Unforgiven" and its place in history. Unless he felt he could top "Unforgiven," he won't do another Western.

I'm all for Eastwood surprising us again, but don't think he's really done that since he made "Letters from Iwo Jima." I'd expect another true life story as well, but like Hocine, would like to see him act again and potentially in a different type of role. His last 3 acting performances have all been quite similar to each other. I'll take whatever I can get though!

Eastwood tends to like to announce his next project and then quite quickly go into making it, so he may be waiting until the COVID pandemic is over, or at least much better under control, before he decides on his next project. This isn't the best climate to be making movies right now. As we've seen, some productions that have started have had to shut down, and Eastwood isn't the type of filmmaker to want to work in that kind of chaotic, uncertain environment. He likes predictability, efficiency, and a pretty drama free set.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2020, 01:48:14 PM »

Maybe Clint?s next film will be about Covid?

If Clint appears in it, his character may fall victim to the virus?  ???

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T