News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 79 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What was the last Eastwood film you watched?  (Read 190783 times)
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2008, 03:41:08 AM »

Dirty Harry and Every Which Way But Loose.  Both on Blu ray.  Of the two EWWBL was the most enjoyable.  And it looked beautiful on Blu ray. 

higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2008, 02:18:01 PM »

:)  In the Line of Fire

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2008, 08:03:55 PM »

:)  In the Line of Fire

What did you think of the film higashimori?

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2008, 03:44:54 PM »

:) Hi, Richard !

Well, I like and I enjoy very much this film.  I find that in this movie there is spirits of Clint everywhere, it's almost perfect !
           His music, his humor, & little romance etc;.....I like the story. The music is very nice .  I like watching the scene where he plays piano.
           The performance of John Malkovich is very good , his role is very fitted him. The costarring actress Rene Russo is splendid .
           I think that she is the best with a costarring actress of Clint ! I like the scene before the statue of Abraham Lincoln !
           Every time I watch a running scene of Frank who run hard saying huh-huh , MaCaleb of " True Crime " overlaps !   ;D

Did you recognize Dirty Harry in this movie ?   8)

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
WeAllHaveItCominKid
Member Extraordinaire

They got a sign on him in front of Greely's?

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2008, 02:39:06 PM »

In the Line of Fire is a modern classic thriller. The film never gets old.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
Chris66

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2008, 01:47:34 AM »

I just watched The Dead Pool for the second time which I think is probably the least effective in the Dirty Harry films. I thought the only good things about the film were Eastwood and Neeson really.

7/10 

"I finish things.....that's what I do"

Most Anticipated Films: Valkyrie, Defiance, Terminator Salvation, Watchmen, Gran Torino, Public Enemies and Give 'Em Hell Malone.
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2008, 07:12:14 PM »

I just watched The Dead Pool for the second time which I think is probably the least effective in the Dirty Harry films. I thought the only good things about the film were Eastwood and Neeson really.

7/10 

I agree Chris66. The only thing that I like are Eastwood's one liners in that film for the most part. I saw it in the theater when it came out. That is a great memory. I was in high school then. I liked it quite a bit. I watched it not too long ago and did not feel the same way about the movie.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
Lucky Punk

Email
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2008, 03:33:54 AM »

JOE KIDD

Caught this on Sky Movies this morning. I have not seen it since  I was a teenager.

Verdict :  Considering it has a great director in John Sturges, a script by Elmore Leonard, music by Lalo Schifrin and a great cast it should have been an absolute scorcher of a movie. I think the disappointment of this not delivering a classic has lead many critics to dismiss this film. But if you leave those thoughts behind it's an enjoyable western which gives a solid 90 minutes of decent story and action.

It does seem to have a personality split, not sure if it's a studio Oater or a revisionist western. The script and cast would suggest the latter but production values ( set & costumes ) the former.

The real treat though is Bruce Surtees' stunning photography of the mountainous region in which much of the action takes place.

Chris66

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2008, 12:38:03 AM »

I just watched A Perfect World for the first time and I thought it was a very good film. Kevin Costner was excellent in his role and even though Eastwood only had a small role it was still memorable to me. I thought the film was very original and it is another example of how good a director Clint is.

8.5/10   

Most Anticipated Films: Valkyrie, Defiance, Terminator Salvation, Watchmen, Gran Torino, Public Enemies and Give 'Em Hell Malone.
Chris66

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2008, 12:02:08 PM »

In The Line Of Fire - 8.5/10

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2008, 12:52:49 PM »

Bridges of Madison County    10/10

Pale Rider                                9/10

Bird                                          9/10

Over the last two days.
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2008, 03:57:06 PM »

I just watched A Perfect World for the first time and I thought it was a very good film. Kevin Costner was excellent in his role and even though Eastwood only had a small role it was still memorable to me. I thought the film was very original and it is another example of how good a director Clint is.

8.5/10   

I love that film. It is such a powerful movie.

JKidd

Next time I'll knock your damn head off!

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2008, 08:31:56 AM »

Play Misty for me  ^-^
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2008, 12:15:04 PM »

Does Piano Blues count  ;)
Alcatraz
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2008, 07:19:02 AM »

True Crime a few days ago.

"Reality continues to ruin my life" - Calvin
WeAllHaveItCominKid
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2008, 10:13:45 AM »

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
Chris66

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2008, 02:46:27 PM »

Just watched Million Dollar Baby for the first time today and I thought it was very good drama. I'm not usually interested in sport related films but I just thought Eastwood and Freeman were great. Apart from Raging Bull this is the only other boxing film I have seen that I liked. Yet another example of how Clint can still direct and act very well.

8/10

WeAllHaveItCominKid
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2008, 10:46:18 AM »

Changeling (2008) 9/10

WeAllHaveItCominKid
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2008, 01:26:17 AM »

True Crime (1999)

higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2008, 03:36:49 PM »

:)  " Changeling " !      

I just watched ' avant première ' this evening at Champs-Elysées in Paris .     I can just say ' Changeling ' is a ' good film ' for a moment .

That's  ' avant première ' , but nothing special ! ??? not likes at ' Première of  ' Letters from Iwo Jima ' .  That time Clint was there with Ninomiya &... O0
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 04:04:42 PM by higashimori » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 79 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T