News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What was the last Eastwood film you watched?  (Read 494670 times)
Dirty Marry

Play the Prisoner 4 me

View Profile Email
« Reply #140 on: April 03, 2009, 07:04:39 PM »

million dollar baby. was on tv tonight  :'( i have it in my collection but its always nice to see Clint on tv

"Wherever the problem is, Clint Eastwood is gonna fix it... Where Eagles Dare" Bruce Dickinson ;)
Dooley

View Profile Email
« Reply #141 on: April 04, 2009, 06:24:25 AM »

I watched Thunderbolt & Lightfoot on tape recently. There was one scene that caught my eye for detail. Eddie Goody (Geoffrey Lewis) is driving his little ice cream scooter trying make money for the equipment they'll need for the robbery.  He winds up next to the vault they're going to rob and you see him staring at the building. In any other movie, that would have been it.  But as he's watching and daydreaming, the scene continues.  You can't hear what's being said, but you can tell what's going on.  It looks like a kid gets his attention and, with a look of someone still in another world, he looks down and calmly says "what". When the kid starts talking, the spell is broken, and he remembers he sells ice cream. He smiles (because he likes kids) and turns towards his scooter.  Great stuff. To me, it was another example in the movie of how Eddie, although a criminal, was a "good guy" at heart.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 04:41:40 PM by Dooley » Logged
Aline

Email
« Reply #142 on: April 04, 2009, 07:40:19 AM »

Gran Torino
Dirty Marry

Play the Prisoner 4 me

View Profile Email
« Reply #143 on: April 04, 2009, 09:02:25 AM »

I watched Thunderbolt & Lightfoot on tape recently. There was one scene that caught my eye for detail. Eddie Goody (Geoffrey Lewis) is driving his little ice cream scooter trying make money for the equipment they'll need for the robbery.  He winds up next to the vault they're going to rob and you see him staring at the building. In any other movie, that would have been it.  But as he's watching and daydreaming, the scene continues.  You can't hear what's being said, but you can tell what's going on.  It looks like a kid gets his attention and, with a look of someone still in another world, he looks down and calmly says "what". When the kid starts talking, the spell is broken, and he remembers he sells ice cream. He smiles (because he likes kids) and turns towards his scooter.  Great stuff. To me, it was another example in the movie of how Eddie, although a criminal, was a "good guy" at heart.
yeah I love it how Eastwood movies are always deep

"Wherever the problem is, Clint Eastwood is gonna fix it... Where Eagles Dare" Bruce Dickinson ;)
JMG

View Profile Email
« Reply #144 on: April 04, 2009, 09:51:47 AM »

The Enforcer (1976)
Dooley

View Profile Email
« Reply #145 on: April 04, 2009, 04:36:13 PM »

High Plains Drifter (1973) "Who ARE you??!!!"
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 05:00:17 PM by Dooley » Logged
_Clintan_

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #146 on: April 08, 2009, 09:02:15 PM »

Watched Dirty Harry las night. Great film  8)

_Clintan_

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #147 on: April 10, 2009, 08:27:52 PM »

Gran Torino
Magnum Force
The Enforcer

Aline

Email
« Reply #148 on: April 16, 2009, 05:55:35 AM »

On wednesday 02/25 I bought Sudden Impact (in Italy, "Coraggio... fatti ammazzare", daring translation of "Go ahead... make my day") and seen it the same evening.

Harry rocks. To me that's the best Harry's movie after Dirty Harry (that's far better).
Dark atmosphere, gorgeus Schifrin's soundtrack, Sondra's charm and a terrific Clint...

Sondra's charm?! Did I watch the same movie? >:D
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2009, 10:02:53 AM »

I watched today with my son Every Which Way But Loose .He liked it a lot and already is asking when we`ll watch Any Which Way You Can  8)
Today Any Which Way You Can  ;)

:)  Any Which Way You Can !   Yesterday at the movie night !     O0

Oh, pity Hemlock! If you could join us at the movie night yesterday!   The next movie night will be May 31st ! 
   Yes, It is the day of Clint's birthday !  O0  We are going to sing together ' Happy Birthday to Clint! '  :D and  'Honkytonk Man ' because the next  movie night will be ' Honkytonk Man' !   :D          Anyway, I think that and hope that !   ;)

I hope that many member will join us to celebrate Clint's birthday together !     :)

« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 10:08:15 AM by higashimori » Logged

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Dirty Marry

Play the Prisoner 4 me

View Profile Email
« Reply #150 on: April 20, 2009, 04:20:40 PM »

Absolute Power  O0

Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #151 on: April 21, 2009, 04:11:05 AM »

"Changeling" one week ago, coming back from NYC, in a 747 Boeing !  :)

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
JMG

View Profile Email
« Reply #152 on: April 24, 2009, 02:11:51 PM »

Hang 'em High (1968)
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2009, 02:25:29 AM »

:)  " Sudden Impact " I prefer this one among 5 Harry's !  I watched that before yesterday night on TV then I forgot to vote to " Eastwood Character Survivor 2009 ! " !       :-[

" Kelly's Heroes "  on TV last night .    I love the theme song much ! and all Schifrin's !
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 08:31:25 AM by higashimori » Logged

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Aline

Email
« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2009, 05:48:54 AM »

"Kerry", higgy?! Who is that? :D
Yeah, I find that song cute too.
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2009, 08:40:41 AM »

"Kerry", higgy?! Who is that? :D
Yeah, I find that song cute too.
:-[   What a mistake I made !   I am sorry, Kelly !   I am ashamed !   :-[
Thank you, Aline ! told me that !  :)  I often do a mistake of the spelling so I use the Spell Check but I cannot count on it all the time though it does not correct it well !  ???   So I would like to ask all of you. Please tell me when I make a mistake, otherwise my English does not advance .    I thank you in advance .   :)

Aline

Email
« Reply #156 on: April 28, 2009, 09:07:22 AM »

You make a lot of drama about those things, higgy. Anyone can mispelling. Stop being so apologetic about it! ;)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2009, 07:29:19 PM »

Don't worry about it, Higgy! As Aline says, it's not a big deal. Everyone makes mistakes.

Maybe it would be more cool to PM someone about a mistake, rather than calling attention to it on the board, though. Just a thought.

JMG

View Profile Email
« Reply #158 on: April 29, 2009, 12:02:19 AM »

Maybe it would be more cool to PM someone about a mistake, rather than calling attention to it on the board, though. Just a thought.

No! I enjoy these mini-dramas, it makes for a refreshing break in my daily routine.  :D
Aline

Email
« Reply #159 on: April 29, 2009, 05:37:33 AM »

I felt a little regretful after I wrote that, I didn't meant to sound harsh to higgy. But I think it's ok if you use a fun tone to "correct" someone.
I really thought funny that she said "Kerry" and we can't blame her...Kelly is a rather unusual name for a guy ;D
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 92 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T