News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 89 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What was the last Eastwood film you watched?  (Read 314192 times)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1040 on: November 29, 2013, 07:51:50 AM »

My disclaimer is WHEN  I become wealthy enough to do it......(It has been looking like me and you both may need to exercise PATIENCE) then I will invite you. And not only YOU but every one of the 4 thousand and change members and also any innocent bystander who says Clint Who.

I reckon that I might need to rent Yankee Stadium and make the show on the Score-a-Tron screen. Does it have good enough visual sharpness? I'm not going to plan on doing this thing like a punk. I should say, like the punk THAT I AM.

GBU at Yankee Stadium! I love it! :D

You know what, make friends with a ballplayer ... there's some of them make enough money they could afford to do that right now, and pay for peanuts and Cracker Jack for us all, while they're at it!
The Man With No Aim
Member Extraordinaire

"There are two kinds of men in this world"

View Profile Email
« Reply #1041 on: November 30, 2013, 01:02:57 AM »

GBU at Yankee Stadium! I love it! :D

You know what, make friends with a ballplayer ... there's some of them make enough money they could afford to do that right now, and pay for peanuts and Cracker Jack for us all, while they're at it!

Yeah, peanuts and crackerjack! Or, like Babe might add, beer and hot dogs! You got a good idea, KC. This could be the start OF A WONDERFUL VIEWERSHIP. A C E Western film festival in Yankee Stadium with the fave C E Westerns on each day/night in Yankee Stadium for a week. I'm getting aroused.

Could be away dates in the summer or any (in Noo Yonk City?!) week in de Winter.

My top 7 C E Westerns....
1. GBU
2. Unforgiven
3. Pale Rider
4. Josey Wales
5. High Plains Drifter
6. Fistful Of Dollars
7. A Few Dollars More

Could be a plan.

Who's got the bucks?

"In all the excitement I lost count myself'
RHONDA

View Profile Email
« Reply #1042 on: December 01, 2013, 10:46:31 PM »

TROUBLE WITH THE CURVE :smitten: AGAIN CLINT IS AWESOME. AND HE REMINDS ME OF MY DAD IN SO MANY WAYS. :)
The Man With No Aim
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1043 on: December 01, 2013, 10:56:03 PM »

By the way, in terms of a direct response to the Forum Topic, in GBU I noticed a small number of gun anachronisms.

I thought I saw a Gatling gun in the Civil War bridge episode. Although Medical Doctor Gatling invented and promoted his gun midway in that war, according to my research, it was never actually used in combat during that conflict.

And also in that same episodw, another rather strange field gun is seen, apparently with some kind of a large capacity magazine. To the best of my knowledge, no kind of rapid fire gun was used in the CW beyond the famous 20 cartridge lever action Henry Repeating Rifle in 44 caliber and a few number of vaguely similar lever action rifles such as the Spencer (famous from Unforgiven). The Gatling, specifically, was never used in combat within the boundary of the US. It was a staple of warfaring nations round the globe until it was retired from US service in about 1912 (in all the excitement I lost count myself).

And of course, debate in this forum is famous about Blondies gun. It is obviously a modern-day replica of the 1851 Colt Navy, made with a cylinder designed to accept metal cartridges instead of the historically correct cap-and-ball ammunition. It is possible, although somewhat unlikely, that ambitious confederate gunsmith(s) could and would have manufactured such guns on such a wide scale that any little gun syore would have had such guns and Union 44 Henry cartridges in stock in every little backwoods town in the Western South in the middle of the Civil War. 

But, to quote Leone, "Its just a MOVIE!".

And GBU is a fabulous MOVIE.

Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1044 on: December 05, 2013, 01:18:39 PM »

GBU

For me it doesn't get any better than watching Unforgiven and The Good the Bad and the Ugly when it comes to the western genre.  My two favorite westerns by far!
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1045 on: December 05, 2013, 07:44:42 PM »

" In the Line of Fire "  And following  " Jfk: 3 Shots That Changed America "

" Hereafter "

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #1046 on: December 07, 2013, 12:01:56 PM »

Escape from Alcatraz

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1047 on: December 07, 2013, 12:08:53 PM »

Escape from Alcatraz

Great movie!  Perfect for a rainy day!

Geez, what kind of childhood did you have?
Short.

“Eyuh.”
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1048 on: December 09, 2013, 06:12:25 PM »

" INVICTUS "  8)

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1049 on: December 17, 2013, 07:50:43 PM »

Unforgiven

Watched it last night and enjoyed every minute of it.  IMO the greatest western ever made.  And it's my second favorite movie just slightly behind Rocky.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1050 on: December 30, 2013, 06:48:54 AM »

Gran Torino was on tv recently and I watched a lot of it.  Still a very enjoyable movie and I feel one of Eastwood's best latter day-films.

“Eyuh.”
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #1051 on: December 31, 2013, 08:01:02 AM »

Space Cowboys.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1052 on: December 31, 2013, 08:04:25 AM »

"Midnight in The Garden of Good and Evil" :)

... and "Casper" in which he is only a quick cameo  ;) !

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1053 on: December 31, 2013, 08:32:22 AM »

... and "Casper" in which he is only a quick cameo  ;) !

;D

“Eyuh.”
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1054 on: January 02, 2014, 09:25:05 PM »

" Tightrope "  I have not seen for a long time.  :)

Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1055 on: January 04, 2014, 07:03:03 AM »

" Tightrope "  I have not seen for a long time.  :)

Was a brief fight sequence with Eastwood lifted from Tightrope and used in Trouble With The Curve? 

“Eyuh.”
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1056 on: January 04, 2014, 11:13:30 AM »

Was a brief fight sequence with Eastwood lifted from Tightrope and used in Trouble With The Curve? 

It's from Firefox.

Q: There’s a very brief scene, a flashback fight in the barn. When we see Gus’ face, is that a clip from one of your old movies?

Eastwood: There are numerous selections of me pounding on somebody in various pictures along the way through the ’60’s, ’70’s, ’80’s and ’90’s. But we chose one from (1982’s) “Firefox.” That was a good piece to use because I’m wearing somewhat the right clothes. It was fine, just fine.

http://www.examiner.com/article/clint-eastwood-fields-questions-about-trouble-with-with-curve

We discussed it here:

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/?topic=9408.0

The Man With No Aim
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1057 on: January 05, 2014, 01:45:17 AM »

Just about a hour ago I finished watching Back To The Future Part III. In it Clint Eastwood's skill with a six shooter is just about as impressive as in Magnum Force in the annual shooting contest.

It is a very well made film and is grand entertainment. And it is a very realistic, accurate, period piece,  for 1955, 1885, and 1985! I especially like Doc's classic Packard. Where is the ENVY smiley?

Huh? You don't recollect Clint Eastwood being in the time-travel trilogy?

You better watch BTTFP3 again. You can't miss him. Clint Eastwood is the main character throughout most of the entire film.

And he even rides a hoss too.  8)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 02:03:14 AM by The Man With No Aim » Logged

Walt
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1058 on: January 05, 2014, 08:30:58 AM »

I watched Blood Work a few days ago. I wasn't all that impressed with it when it came out but it's actually a decent enough little thriller. More of a TV movie of the week feel to it but aside from Jeff Daniels who was hopelessly miscast, I enjoyed it much more this time around
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1059 on: January 07, 2014, 12:56:38 PM »

I watched Blood Work a few days ago. I wasn't all that impressed with it when it came out but it's actually a decent enough little thriller. More of a TV movie of the week feel to it but aside from Jeff Daniels who was hopelessly miscast, I enjoyed it much more this time around

I felt the same way about it, initially.  It has grown on me a littel over the years.  I agree about Daniels being miscast. 

“Eyuh.”
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 89 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T