News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 89 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What was the last Eastwood film you watched?  (Read 299759 times)
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #1100 on: April 01, 2014, 01:43:39 AM »

EFA.

>:D I mean... Escape from Alcatraz. Streamed it on Netflix, and then watched the documentary called something like the Real Story of the Escape from Alcatraz.

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1101 on: April 01, 2014, 05:03:15 AM »

Million Dollar Baby

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1102 on: April 01, 2014, 05:51:27 AM »

Magnum Force was on one night and Dirty Harry the next.  I only watched about a minute of each but I've seen the Dirty Harry series (like many an Eastwood film) multiple times that at this point it doesn't matter because I'm so familiar with them all it takes is a glimpse and I remember the entire film.  Great stuff.  At some point I've got to watch my Blu ray Dirty Harry set.

“Eyuh.”
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1103 on: April 17, 2014, 08:59:28 PM »

'' Unforgiven ''

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1104 on: April 18, 2014, 01:34:34 AM »

White Hunter Black Heart.Not a fan of the film but still it`s okay-ish film.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1105 on: April 19, 2014, 11:13:55 PM »

I watched The Enforcer dubbed in German in a hotel recently.... still enjoyed it... Funny thing, cos I dont speak German I found myself listening to the score more intently than usual...

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1106 on: April 20, 2014, 12:19:48 AM »

It's the one "Harry" film without a Lalo Schifrin score. How do you think the Fielding score compares to what Schifrin did for the others in the series?
The Man With No Aim
Member Extraordinaire

"There are two kinds of men in this world"

View Profile Email
« Reply #1107 on: April 20, 2014, 03:20:50 AM »

Not had much experience with dubbed films and have always wondered......Do the voices ever sound like the original actors voices?

In this specific case, for example, did Clint's voice actually sound like Clint?

"In all the excitement I lost count myself'
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1108 on: April 20, 2014, 09:25:55 AM »

Not had much experience with dubbed films and have always wondered......Do the voices ever sound like the original actors voices?

In this specific case, for example, did Clint's voice actually sound like Clint?

See ... that is, hear for yourself. I only found one brief scene from The Enforcer ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R608QvHle_4

but here's a key scene from Sudden Impact. (The dubbing actor says the three best-known words in English.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyQ295GRZss
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1109 on: May 07, 2014, 01:50:26 PM »

EFA.

>:D I mean... Escape from Alcatraz. Streamed it on Netflix, and then watched the documentary called something like the Real Story of the Escape from Alcatraz.
s

I watched the same thing last night!  I bought Escape from Alcatraz on dvd for $4 at Walmart.  And after watching the movie I watched the documentary on Netflix over at my parents house.  Very interesting documentary.  It is highly unlikely that they made it.  But still there's that slim chance that they did and could have ended up in another country.  I believe that they either drowned from hypothermia or exhaustion or from sharks.  But its a mystery and that's what makes it so fascinating.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1110 on: May 07, 2014, 03:37:45 PM »

I've watched that same documentary about the real story behind the escape from Alcatraz that Doug and Rawhide have mentioned. They do mention the Eastwood movie in it, so it's not entirely off-topic for me to just mention it! :D

And the last Eastwood movie I watched was The Dead Pool.
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1111 on: May 13, 2014, 08:43:11 AM »

Tarantula
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1112 on: May 13, 2014, 11:11:34 AM »

Tarantula

"Eastwood" film?  That's awesome!  O0

Prepping for Firefox?

« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 11:15:38 AM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1113 on: May 13, 2014, 03:24:25 PM »

Well Jed, I watch it more for Mara Corday...But Eastwood is quite good for his 2 minute role.
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1114 on: June 18, 2014, 07:44:25 AM »

JERSEY BOYS

First day on French screen

Only 3 in the wide movie theatre ... a couple of old people and myself ... they sang all the songs ! :)

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1115 on: June 18, 2014, 07:11:24 PM »

'' Jersey Boys " was The Premier in France last Monday! At The Champs-Elysées Film Festival.  8)

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1116 on: June 23, 2014, 06:13:07 AM »

Over this past weekend I thoroughly enjoyed watching Pale Rider, The Outlaw Josey Wales and Unforgiven.  I've seen each of these repeatedly and the last 2 have always been favorites.  I didn't exptect to enjoy seeing Pale Rider again as much as I did and am considering watching it again sooner than later.  For the most part, Eastwood westerns are among the best of the genre and he only made 10! 

“Eyuh.”
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1117 on: June 23, 2014, 05:20:20 PM »

Over this past weekend I thoroughly enjoyed watching Pale Rider, The Outlaw Josey Wales and Unforgiven.  I've seen each of these repeatedly and the last 2 have always been favorites.  I didn't exptect to enjoy seeing Pale Rider again as much as I did and am considering watching it again sooner than later.  For the most part, Eastwood westerns are among the best of the genre and he only made 10!

Yap those three are also among my favorites.  I also really enjoy watching Pale Rider.  The whole preacher thing is pretty cool.  I feel like Pale Rider may be Eastwood's most underrated western to some people.  But to me it is among my favorites and I always enjoy watching it once every yr!
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1118 on: June 23, 2014, 06:13:06 PM »

Yap those three are also among my favorites.  I also really enjoy watching Pale Rider.  The whole preacher thing is pretty cool.  I feel like Pale Rider may be Eastwood's most underrated western to some people.  But to me it is among my favorites and I always enjoy watching it once every yr!

Fans could enjoy one a month annually, but Clint's behind by 2 westerns!  I think I'll rest on having enjoyed Pale Rider for a month or so and watch it again.  I know what you mean about it being underrated, kind of like Magnun Force in the Dirty Harry series.

“Eyuh.”
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1119 on: June 24, 2014, 05:32:25 PM »

Fans could enjoy one a month annually, but Clint's behind by 2 westerns!  I think I'll rest on having enjoyed Pale Rider for a month or so and watch it again.  I know what you mean about it being underrated, kind of like Magnun Force in the Dirty Harry series.

Exactly right on about Magnum Force many people feel that way.  But I personally enjoyed Magnum Force very much.  Magnum Force to me is the second best Harry movie behind Dirty Harry.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 89 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T