News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 85 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What was the last Eastwood film you watched?  (Read 254061 times)
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1120 on: June 25, 2014, 05:34:57 AM »

Exactly right on about Magnum Force many people feel that way.  But I personally enjoyed Magnum Force very much.  Magnum Force to me is the second best Harry movie behind Dirty Harry.

That's very interesting.  Shortly after Sudden Impact came out, Magnum Force was my least favorite but I've come to appreciate it more over the years.  I enjoy the first three the best, not necessarily in that order because I like The Enforcer more.  These days I can take or leave the last two but it's great having the whole series on Blu-ray. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 11:13:10 AM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1121 on: June 26, 2014, 10:55:13 AM »

Honkytonk Man

I watched this again last night with a bottle of wine for company and enjoyed it as much.. if not more more than ever..Im always seeing new things in this movie... and I think it finally dawned on me... Honkytonk Man is my favourite Clint Eastwood film... to date

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1122 on: June 26, 2014, 11:17:44 AM »

Honkytonk Man

I watched this again last night with a bottle of wine for company and enjoyed it as much.. if not more more than ever..Im always seeing new things in this movie... and I think it finally dawned on me... Honkytonk Man is my favourite Clint Eastwood film... to date

I remember Tender Mercies being compared to this film when it first came out.  I haven't seen the Duvall film but it was on recently and I decided to program my dvr to capture it.  Honkytonk Man took a bit to grow on me... I remember cracking up at the sight of Eastwood singing but after watching it a couple more times I began to like it.  That inspired me to pick up the soundtrack and I enjoyed it very much.  For me, this film goes hand in hand with White Hunter, Black Heart in that it's definitely not a typical Eastwood western or cop movie.  I think Clint did very well in both of these character studies.   

“Eyuh.”
macDave

View Profile Email
« Reply #1123 on: July 04, 2014, 08:17:33 AM »

Here in Scotland, I was lucky enough to catch a rare cinema screening of Dirty Harry at the Glasgow Film Theatre.
It was billed as a Father's Day screening and was a one off performance on a Sunday afternoon.  Much of the audience was indeed fathers accompanied by sons (and daughters,) many of whom would be seeing Harry on the big screen for the first time.
Don't need to tell you how good it was and Lalo Schifrin's score is especially good at cinema volume.
I would love to see more Clint Classics getting another cinema run.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1124 on: July 04, 2014, 11:19:17 AM »

Lucky you, macDave! Thanks for the report.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1125 on: July 04, 2014, 11:24:15 PM »

Escape From Alcatraz.

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1126 on: July 05, 2014, 10:47:51 PM »

Million Dollar Baby.

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1127 on: July 06, 2014, 08:30:48 PM »

Documentary.  Eastwood Directs: The Untold Story.

“Eyuh.”
futureactor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1128 on: July 07, 2014, 04:42:13 AM »

Any Which Way You Can.................................Right turn Clide.

Nag, Nag, Nag.
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1129 on: July 08, 2014, 02:28:02 PM »

"Tightrope"  (La Corde Raide),  tonight  :police:

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1130 on: July 08, 2014, 02:37:15 PM »

Pale Rider.  Again.  Well, only had time for 1/2 last night and am hoping to finish tonight.

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1131 on: July 08, 2014, 07:35:13 PM »

Ok, so I just finished watching the 2nd half of Pale Rider.  This movie is beginning to grow on me because I've watched it twice recently and came away liking it a little more each time. I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but I like this film very much.  This time around I noticed how well Michael Moriarty was at delivering his campfire speech.  I enjoyed that scene for the first time at this most recent viewing.  I haven't seen Moriarty in much else but did enjoy his acting in Law & Order.  I'm definitely hooked, because I may even watch Pale Rider again sometime soon.  I couldn't help but notice that Moriarty's left hand appeared to be in a cast after the scene where he's saved from a beating by LaHood's men.  It was hard to tell because it looked like he was trying to keep it out of sight while steering the horse-driven carriage.

Well, to land the plane it feels good to finally appreciate Pale Rider.  It took long enough, but I now join the ranks of those who consider this to be a very good movie.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 07:49:35 PM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1132 on: July 13, 2014, 07:09:33 PM »

Paint Your Wagon.

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1133 on: July 16, 2014, 05:19:49 AM »

Tightrope.

“Eyuh.”
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1134 on: July 17, 2014, 02:52:05 PM »

Kelly's Heroes. I had actually never seen it entirely. I was surprised I really enjoyed it :)

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1135 on: July 18, 2014, 01:35:20 AM »

Josey Wales  :)

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1136 on: July 18, 2014, 05:06:28 AM »

Kelly's Heroes. I had actually never seen it entirely. I was surprised I really enjoyed it :)

Glad you enjoyed it, Satu.  I've only come to appreciate this movie in the past few years and am looking forward to seeing it again, maybe over winter. 

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1137 on: July 18, 2014, 05:10:39 AM »

Josey Wales  :)

I just watched this again recently, myself.  Funny how Eastwood began his western movie career with a trilogy and his last 3 couldn't be more different; Wales, Rider and Unforgiven.  I've said this before, too, but it's also funny how somebody who's only made a fraction of western movies over the course of his lengthy and successful career, is and will be remembered in a big way as one of the most popular and iconic western movie stars of all time. 

“Eyuh.”
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1138 on: July 18, 2014, 12:11:12 PM »

I just watched this again recently, myself.  Funny how Eastwood began his western movie career with a trilogy and his last 3 couldn't be more different; Wales, Rider and Unforgiven.  I've said this before, too, but it's also funny how somebody who's only made a fraction of western movies over the course of his lengthy and successful career, is and will be remembered in a big way as one of the most popular and iconic western movie stars of all time.

Ya I agree Jed!  That just shows you how great all of his westerns are and how great he is in them.   I would take quality over quantity any day.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1139 on: July 18, 2014, 12:16:18 PM »

Ya I agree Jed!  That just shows you how great all of his westerns are and how great he is in them.   I would take quality over quantity any day.

It'd be great to see all of these on the big screen.  I've only seen 3.  Maybe 2 a day over a 5 day period.   

“Eyuh.”
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 85 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T