News: Watch Clint Eastwood's RICHARD JEWELL, now available streaming and on Blu-ray and DVD!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What was the last Eastwood film you watched?  (Read 299526 times)
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1700 on: March 20, 2020, 12:42:31 AM »

Escape From Alcatraz on Netflix

I was looking forward to seeing this back up on the big screen again soon but that's obviously been cancelled..
I'm starting to think this has become my most watched Eastwood movie... I love every scene... :)

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1701 on: April 12, 2020, 01:33:26 PM »

I began watching these this morning.  After the first one, Tina and I went out for a walk.  About halfway through the last one now.  Never tire of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Eyuh.”
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1702 on: April 12, 2020, 08:24:24 PM »

I hear ya Jed. Pure classics!  I'm wanting to upgrade to bluray for this set soon.
samcasey

View Profile Email
« Reply #1703 on: April 14, 2020, 09:25:32 AM »

Bronco Billy
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1704 on: April 19, 2020, 04:21:40 PM »

This weekend was a Dirty Harry marathon.

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1705 on: April 30, 2020, 04:14:47 PM »

Firefox. 

I was 15 when I saw it on the big screen.  I was sorely disappointed but have returned to it occasionally over the years.  Slowly, it began to grow on me but this is the first time I enjoyed it all the way through.  That’s good, because I look forward to seeing it again sooner than later.

I

« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 04:51:28 PM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1706 on: April 30, 2020, 04:53:52 PM »

I hear ya Jed. I felt the same way about Firefox first time I watched it too. Really didn’t like it at all. Course since Clint’s in it makes it somewhat good. But since my first viewing of it I’ve seen it two more times. I actually like it better now. It has grown on me too. I think it’s actually a fun little movie. A lot of movies have that effect on me more times I watch them. I think out of all of Clint’s movies he’s acted in Wagon Train is the only one where I said I wouldn’t care to see this one again. I’ll probably watch it again. But I’m thinking the effect won’t be the same as Firefox did for me. Firefox won’t ever be in my top 10 or probably even my top 20 Eastwood movies but I have come to like the movie much more than I did first time watching it. 
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1707 on: April 30, 2020, 05:09:29 PM »

Wagon Train? Oh, Paint Your Wagon, Lol! 😳🤪🤣

I hear ya on that one.   Maybe I’ll have to age another ten years before I enjoy that one...but I doubt it. 

Truth be told, I had a stressful work day and was determined to tune out.  I’ve done that recently with the best of all Star Trek films, The Wrath Of Khan so I want keen on returning to that again so soon, much as I love it. 

For the life of me, I don’t know what on the hell made me decide on Firefox!  Hahaha!  But, I’m so glad I did because after all these years I finally fully appreciate it.  I was cognizant of the possibility that I’d get bored... I never did! Sa-weeeeeet!  I
Like Pale Rider in 2015 I very much enjoyed this most recent viewing and plan on doing it again soon.  Hell, I’d make the effort to view it here on a Movie Night, too.  I’m sure it’d be fun.

I find it interesting that Firefox came out the same year as The Wrath Of Khan.  I used to have both movie posters and am determined to purchase and frame them. 

Thanks for your reply, R7!  You and everybody else on The Board here stay healthy.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 04:24:08 AM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1708 on: April 30, 2020, 10:51:52 PM »

Firefox has always held a special place in my heart. For a start it was the first Clint Eastwood film I got to see
in a cinema... I admit I was a little underwhelmed on first viewing but the film was released at quite an important stage in my
life..
I was living on the coast of England at the time of Firefox’s release and that’s where I first saw it..  but soon found myself living and working in central London.
I had a cool little bed-sit in London’s West End, and was working nights in a night club. This suited me fine, I was always a
bit of a night owl. I could work till the early hours of the morning, then go out clubbing myself, sleep in all morning and have my
afternoons free. I soon realised that cinemas were cheaper in the afternoons and I could literally walk to all the great cinema’s in
and around London’s Leicester Square. After a week or so I’d pretty much seen everything on release so I decided to see Firefox again
and enjoyed it more second time around... over the next few weeks I saw it again and again and again.. I kinda became fixated
with it and strangely enjoyed it more and more.. I also enjoyed seeing the movie over and over with different audiences and seeing how they reacted to certain parts of the film...
Eventually it left the cinemas and I didn’t see it again until it turned up on vhs and latter dvd... I can still watch it, it transports me
back to a cool time in my life, leaving home, discovering the big city. I know it’s not a perfect film and has its faults but Clints great
in it, as are many of the largely British cast and there’s much to enjoy..
If Firefox pops up on tv I usually sit back and enjoy it all over again...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 12:03:19 AM by Gant » Logged

Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1709 on: May 01, 2020, 04:27:44 AM »

I knew you’d reply, Gant.  I’m happy you did.  Thanks for sharing that story!  I enjoyed reading it. 

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1710 on: May 01, 2020, 08:57:15 PM »

I watched this again today! Yes! 👍💪👊🙂

“Eyuh.”
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1711 on: May 01, 2020, 09:00:18 PM »

This all makes me want to watch Firefox again.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1712 on: May 01, 2020, 11:59:22 PM »

I always thought Firefox had a great poster... I remember seeing it everywhere when the film was released..
I owned one for many years...

Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1713 on: May 03, 2020, 05:27:30 PM »

I finally broke down and ordered it on online, along with The Wrath Of Khan.  I’ll frame both of them.

“Eyuh.”
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1714 on: May 04, 2020, 03:11:45 PM »

Ambush At Cimarron Pass.

Only reason I watched it was I wanted to see if there were any actors in that movie Eastwood used or remembered  later on as a director like Gregory Walcott, John Larch or Jack Ging as examples who were on a few Rawhide episodes. Not the worst western I ever seen, but pretty lame movie as Eastwood has claimed himself. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 03:14:00 PM by Perry » Logged
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1715 on: May 04, 2020, 03:36:52 PM »

I have never seen that. Come to think of it, I've never seen any of the movies Eastwood did when he only had those bit parts.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1716 on: May 04, 2020, 04:16:00 PM »

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen Ambush At Cimarron Pass.  I barely remember it, so it didn’t leave a strong impression.  I’d like to check it out again.

I’m on a Firefox kick lately.  I can’t seem to get enough.  I began a third viewing today.  The same thing happened with Pale Rider five years ago.  It was the western’s thirtieth anniversary so I figured I’d sit through it again.  I don’t know why, but after many years, for the first time I came away loving it!  I’ve seen it many times since and haven’t grown tired of it.  Looks like that’s what’s happening with Firefox.

“Eyuh.”
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1717 on: May 04, 2020, 11:26:17 PM »

Unfortunately Firefox is often cut when broadcast on UK tv. The training sequence is cut as it is in my dvd release..

I do think the supporting cast are very good and add gravitas to the whole thing.. especially Nigel Hawthorne and Warren Clarke.

Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1718 on: May 05, 2020, 11:23:04 AM »

[email protected] I remembering seeing many years ago on tv in New York on channel 9. It's a routine movie. Eastwood actually gets third billing behind Scott Brady and Magia Dean and has a large role. Though he plays the typical young head stong character who dislikes Brady and gets beat up too by Brady end learns his lesson in the end.....hah... . You figure Eastwood must had been about 26 or 27 when he did this movie.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1719 on: May 05, 2020, 11:57:58 AM »

[email protected] I remembering seeing many years ago on tv in New York on channel 9. It's a routine movie. Eastwood actually gets third billing behind Scott Brady and Magia Dean and has a large role. Though he plays the typical young head stong character who dislikes Brady and gets beat up too by Brady end learns his lesson in the end.....hah... . You figure Eastwood must had been about 26 or 27 when he did this movie.

Eastwood would have been 27 when it was filmed. It was released in February 1958, a few months before he turned 28.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T