News: Watch Clint Eastwood's RICHARD JEWELL, now available streaming and on Blu-ray and DVD!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What was the last Eastwood film you watched?  (Read 299711 times)
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1720 on: May 05, 2020, 12:23:52 PM »

Unfortunately Firefox is often cut when broadcast on UK tv. The training sequence is cut as it is in my dvd release..

I do think the supporting cast are very good and add gravitas to the whole thing.. especially Nigel Hawthorne and Warren Clarke.
What’s funny about that is I used to think Firefox was way too long!  😂

I watched it again, half yesterday and half today.  I plan to begin watching it again when I log off of work.  What’s wrong with me??!! 🤪    Yeah...no...do NOT bother answering 😎  Then again, I’ve changed since Fall, 2015 so go ahead, I can take it.  I can laugh at myself more these days.  Life’s too short. 😉

Gant, can you get an unedited copy? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 12:28:03 PM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1721 on: May 05, 2020, 02:44:02 PM »

This is kind of fascinating. This has definitely never happened to me before. I've gone from not liking a Clint film that much to thinking it was okay and something that I could watch, mostly because I appreciate films in which Clint acts now more than I did before, since he almost never acts anymore. But, I've never gone from really disliking a Clint film to loving it and becoming almost obsessed with it! I'm happy for you, but can you tell us what about it has made you fall in love with it now when you did not before? This is quite a big change!
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1722 on: May 06, 2020, 09:36:09 AM »

I think the more you watch it the more it grows on you basically AKA ... Go on, give it another chance ... and then another 😉

I thought it too long way back when I first saw it but now I kinda just sit back and enjoy it...It’s pacing is very much in the Eastwood style, possibly not ideal for a thriller but I just sit back and  let it take its own sweet time,
It’s become like an old friend, nice to spend time with now and again...

Jed, no, I haven’t seen it unedited for quite some time...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 10:46:22 PM by Gant » Logged

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1723 on: May 06, 2020, 09:43:02 AM »

I agree with you, Gant and now it’s almost like making up for lost time with these multiple viewings.  I watched another 10-15 minutes today.  😎

It’s hard to explain just why this happened, AKA, I’m just glad it did.  Over the years, with Clint acting less I’ve noticed a change in my opinion regarding films Clint acted in that I didn’t care for or even disliked very much. 

« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 05:23:19 PM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1724 on: May 07, 2020, 12:36:57 AM »

I really like his scenes together with Clarke and Hawthorne...

Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1725 on: May 15, 2020, 01:58:51 AM »

Dare I revisit Pink Cadillac... ?

Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1726 on: May 15, 2020, 04:49:57 AM »

Dare I revisit Pink Cadillac... ?
Go for it! 🤪🤣😎

“Eyuh.”
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1727 on: May 15, 2020, 09:53:50 AM »

Is it time to reconsider this film.... ?

Does anyone actually like it ?

Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1728 on: May 15, 2020, 11:07:08 AM »

Is it time to reconsider this film.... ?

Does anyone actually like it ?

Sure, why not?  I came away disappointed the first time seeing it on the big screen.  If it were playing now, I’d go see it.  I doubt I’ll ever come to love it the way I have with Pale Rider and Firefox.  Man, I used to hate those two!  I watched Pink Cadillac last year.  No plans to see it again, soon but if you do watch it again, Gant, post your thoughts.  I’ll watch it again, too.  From what I recall, Jim Carrey and Bryan Adams have minuscule parts in it. 

“Eyuh.”
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1729 on: May 15, 2020, 01:30:34 PM »

Bernadette Peters was yummy
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1730 on: May 15, 2020, 01:52:36 PM »

I’d say no. There are very few Eastwood films I have no desire to revisit, but that, along with Paint Your Wagon and The Rookie, is one of them.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1731 on: May 15, 2020, 03:21:20 PM »

Definitely The Rookie and Wagon. I’m never going near those again.. Life’s too short.

but some years ago I read an extremely favourable piece
on Pink Cadillac in a film review book.. I wish I could remember the writer or the book, ever since it’s made me a little curious and if
it popped up on tv maybe I’d give it another chance...

Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1732 on: May 16, 2020, 02:05:31 PM »

Actually there are probably more then three of Eastwood's films than those you mention I have no interest in ever seeing again. I was never enamored with Firefox. I found the movie a tremendous bore. The same as The Eiger Sanction which was a dismal disappointment considering the novel was excellent, but there are parts of those movies that are worth redeeming.... I think Paint Your Wagon I agree is a straight on waste of time as I would put Blood Work and The Dead Pool on the same level. I would probably have to put The Rookie, but then I have only seen it once, but Hereafter and Midnight in The Garden of Good And Evil to me you can just bury......
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 02:07:11 PM by Perry » Logged
HarryCallahan

View Profile Email
« Reply #1733 on: May 16, 2020, 02:17:25 PM »

There are a quite a number of Clint's films that I would have great difficulty in watching ever again. Sudden Impact, Dead Pool, Firefox, Blood Work, City Heat, Honkytonk Man & Where Eagles Dare. I have watched most of these more than once, but still I just don't enjoy them.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do i feel lucky?' Well do ya punk?
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1734 on: May 16, 2020, 03:49:36 PM »

The only Clint Eastwood film he’s starred in that I don’t ever plan on revisiting is Paint Your Wagon.  The last time I did, I had to shut it off within the first half hour.  As for everything else he’s starred in beginning with A Fistful Of Dollars all the way up to The Mule, I’ll happily revisit them. 

“Eyuh.”
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1735 on: May 16, 2020, 11:01:03 PM »

I haven’t seen Blood Work in a long time.. I thought it wasn’t bad, I’d be interested in viewing it again ...

Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #1736 on: May 17, 2020, 05:36:16 AM »

I think that I can watch most of Clint Eastwood films again. Of course, I don't like all of them the same way.

If I had to quote my least favourite Clint Eastwood films, there would be the movies directed by Buddy Van Horn: Any Which Way You Can, The Dead Pool and Pink Cadillac. The movies directed by James Fargo, The Enforcer and Every Which Way But Loose, are among his worst films as well.
However, I still like Every Which Way But Loose which I think, is better than Any Which Way You Can.
City Heat is among the worst films Clint did too.

Joe Kidd is still watchable. However, it's probably my least favourite Clint Eastwood western.
I don't consider Paint Your Wagon as a western. It's more a musical than a real western.
Paint Your Wagon is also among my least favourite Clint Eastwood films: it represents the end of the Old Hollywood.

Among the movies Clint directed, I can watch all of them again.
My least favourite ones are probably The 15:17 to Paris, Firefox and The Rookie.

Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1737 on: May 17, 2020, 03:17:34 PM »

Where Eagles Dare is one of the best movies and greatest WW2 vehicles ever made. I'm a bit surprised someone would not enjoy that and put that on their list of Eastwood movies they are not enamored with, but then I never cared for Unforgiven..
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1738 on: May 17, 2020, 11:08:30 PM »

With the excellence of Firefox aside, Honkytonk Man is easily one of Clint’s greatest films..

I agree with City Heat and cant see me revisiting that one but Eagles is a lot of fun...

I’d Like the chance to see Blood Work and Pink Cadillac again sometime.. but Inthink next up will be Bronco Billy

Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1739 on: May 18, 2020, 10:53:10 AM »

I used to have Breezy. I have no idea how I lost it. I gotta see that again.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T