News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What was the last Eastwood film you watched?  (Read 502634 times)
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1780 on: July 31, 2021, 02:11:32 PM »

Was watching The Beguiled ( the real one) yesterday. Still say that movie was so waaaay ahead of it's time. Pamelyn Ferdin still talks about her kiss scene with Eastwood on her website....
Besalynus

View Profile Email
« Reply #1781 on: August 20, 2021, 12:36:34 PM »

Oh, I've watched a lot of Eastwood films. For example: "A Fistful of Dollars", "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly", "The Beguiled" and etc. An excellent actor born in the pre-war period! But even now our Motherland gives us excellent actors. For example, Elijah Wood. I can't imagine the Lord of the Rings franchise without him! What a talent! We recently discussed the Lord of the Rings universe at an excellent forum for movie and book lovers. Everyone is delighted with his acting talent! On that forum, we discussed other films and the actors. For example '"the hobbit" or "the histrory of middle earth". I'm glad there are forums for discussing various films!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 05:12:19 AM by Besalynus » Logged
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1782 on: August 20, 2021, 06:29:04 PM »

Welcome to the board, Besalynus. It is nice there's still forums for movie lovers to discuss all their interests!
LB13

View Profile Email
« Reply #1783 on: March 03, 2022, 02:30:24 PM »

Figured might as well get back to this topic: I gave Bronco Billy a chance the other day and I thought with all its flaws it works as this feel-good, uplifting picture that I would have probably liked seeing as a kid. It comes from that period in Clint's career around the late 1970s and early 1980s when I guess he was kind of looking back at himself and trying to broaden his appeal to children and other audiences that you wouldn't normally associate with something like Dirty Harry. You can see him being a bit self-referential, playing this kind of Man with No Name-wannabe character, and I think for what its worth the movie does a fairly good job of affirming these old-timey Western values through an entertaining story. I can sense Clint was trying to convey a message through this film. Sure, the script is all over the place, the humor often isn't really that funny and I wasn't very big on Sondra Locke's performance, but overall it's just something short, sweet that I find works best caught on TV on a lazy Sunday morning.
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1784 on: May 06, 2022, 02:08:20 AM »

Had an Eastwood marathon yesterday. Watched The Gauntlet, Heartbreak ridge, Escape from Alcatraz, Cry Macho. Enjoyed all four movies a lot.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1785 on: May 06, 2022, 01:22:48 PM »

That's a pretty good variety of movies, Rawhide.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1786 on: July 11, 2022, 04:03:47 PM »

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.  I never get tired of my favorite western.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 04:21:31 PM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1787 on: May 18, 2023, 11:25:36 PM »

Had my annual stay in day marathon yesterday for Eastwood.  Watched million dollar baby, In the line of fire, and fire fox. Guess more like a mini marathon. I consider 4 or more movies to be a marathon. But these were all over two hrs long so just watched these three. I?ll be watching Absolute Power tonight. Every year in May Clint?s bday month I like to have a stay in day marathon where I stay in all day and usually watch 4 or more of his non western/non Dirty Harry movies. Cause I watch all of his westerns and Dirty Harry movies every yr already. So I like to watch some of his others during May. I?ll also watch one on the 31st his bday. Any of you usually watch one of his movies on his bday May 31st? 
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1788 on: May 19, 2023, 07:00:35 PM »

I don't generally do that, but I think it's a nice tradition. I've thought of doing it, but just haven't followed through.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1789 on: May 20, 2023, 01:04:58 PM »

Watched Thunderbolt and Lightfoot on my friends enormous, top of the range tv..
The film looked gorgeous.. great cast, a personal favourite..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1790 on: May 21, 2023, 10:45:52 PM »

Yeah Thunderbolt and Lightfoot is a great one!  I would have loved to see it at the theatre.
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1791 on: May 22, 2023, 07:07:20 PM »

I just watched Cry Macho for the first time. I loved it!

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
LB13

View Profile Email
« Reply #1792 on: May 23, 2023, 07:59:49 AM »

I gave The Outlaw Josey Wales a rewatch the other day. It still is unique among the many revisionist westerns of the 1970s in my opinion. There are many conflicting views showcased, yet they are all shown with clarity and appropriate weight. No wonder this was when Eastwood really made a name for himself as a director. I even read Orson Welles was a fan.
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1793 on: June 09, 2023, 04:41:23 PM »

I decided to watch The Changeling the other night. Haven't seen it in a long time..It's a pretty gripping movie in many aspects and the supporting cast was quite good, but I always felt Jolie was miscast. I would had preferred someone like Jennifer Jason Leigh instead and the movie was just 20 minutes too long. Maybe Eastwood's saddest movie.
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #1794 on: June 27, 2023, 08:55:52 AM »

Last night I had the rare opportunity to watch GBU in a theater.
I've seen this film in a theater twice before but,this was during my childhood in the 80's.
I was pleasantly surprised discovering that there were several people waiting to enter the theater about an hour before the viewing was scheduled.
As one can imagine the theater was fully crowded and the crowd applauded and cheered all the time.
Didn't expect that.
Guess I should 😀

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1795 on: June 29, 2023, 09:13:34 AM »

Escape from Alcatraz ,last night.
First time theater viewing.
The theater was totally over crowded. There were people standing and others lying on the floor.
Didn't see this one coming.
Great experience .

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1796 on: June 29, 2023, 11:13:36 AM »

antonis, is this theater running an Eastwood series? So cool you've gotten to see these movies on the big screen!
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1797 on: June 29, 2023, 07:01:01 PM »

No.
Not the same theater.
Just happened.
Two special screenings in the same week.
What a week 😀

antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1798 on: July 13, 2023, 09:07:53 PM »

There is some sort of a celebration for the 100 years of WB during this week. There are screenings of the giant, towering inferno and a few others.
Last night I had the opportunity to watch Dirty Harry-double billed along with the Yakuza- for the first time on the big screen.
This film was the first one I rented when my family purchased a VCR during the '80s.,so I'll always have fun memories.
I certainly feel lucky this summer.

Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1799 on: July 15, 2023, 02:03:34 AM »

I?d love to see Alcatraz in the cinema, I missed out on this when it was released..
I recently re-watched The Beguiled and still totally love this film?

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T