News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account setup.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Morgan Freeman  (Read 1570 times)
paul78zephyr

View Profile Email
« on: August 15, 2008, 08:38:37 AM »

If somebody had walked up to Clint Eastwood on the set of High Plains Drifter (in 1972 or 1973) and asked him if he had heard of an actor named Morgan Freeman, what would he have said?

Thanks
Paul
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 02:46:43 PM »

If somebody had walked up to Clint Eastwood on the set of High Plains Drifter (in 1972 or 1973) and asked him if he had heard of an actor named Morgan Freeman, what would he have said?

Thanks
Paul

"Never heard of him"

According to IMDB, Freeman had only done a few movies up until that time and they were mainly uncredited, so most of the rest of the world still didn't know who Morgan Freeman was either. He was also in a TV series called The Electric Company in the early to mid 70's, but I've never heard of it.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Karizma

What every it is..they won't have a chance

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 01:12:00 AM »

Morgan Freeman Is in a bad movie? I think not. I like a lot of film. Especially at Unforgiven and The Shawshank Redemption. But what's interesting is, to me the most beautiful film "10 Items or Less". Have you seen this movie?
Aline

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 06:43:33 AM »

The thread is getting a bit off topic but I need to say if there is a movie with Mr. Freeman that I can't stand and still can't understand what made him accept the project, it has to be this one.

herofan

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 07:14:42 PM »

"Never heard of him"

According to IMDB, Freeman had only done a few movies up until that time and they were mainly uncredited, so most of the rest of the world still didn't know who Morgan Freeman was either. He was also in a TV series called The Electric Company in the early to mid 70's, but I've never heard of it.

I was a kid of the 70s, and my first exposure to Morgan Freeman was on "The Electric Company."  It probably came on PBS and was a kids show, it was a sort of "Sesame Street" with an edge, Bill Cosby even appeared sometimes.  Freeman played a character called "Easy Reader."  When I first saw him in movies, it was weird for a while because I remembered him as the guy on the kid's show.  It was like seeing Captain kangaroo in movies.  It ran for several years.  I have included the theme and a few clips with Freeman.  I thought people might get a kick out of seeing them.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kc5WZngss4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkwCynNm18c&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K00rz73s_zU&feature=related

« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 07:15:49 PM by herofan » Logged
KC
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 07:59:51 PM »

Going back to the original question:

Thanks
Paul

The correct answer is, "Of course I've heard of him. My son [Kyle, then aged five] and I watch The Electric Company all the time." See this account of the program about the presentation of the AFI Life Achievement Award to Freeman:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/hammond-on-afi-life-achievement-award-to-morgan-freeman/

The Electric Company ran from 1971 to 1977. Morgan Freeman appeared in 780 episodes.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T