News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint Interview with Parky  (Read 1735 times)
right turn clyde

Shockley, you big prick !

View Profile Email
« on: October 01, 2008, 04:08:01 AM »

Having been at the screening and watched Clint drive off with Dina (I can upload the photos if someone tells me how!) I liked this interview...

"Clint Eastwood was another star I had been trying to interview since the show began.

He came over to publicise Mystic River and the deal was he would do the show if I interviewed him at the National Film Theatre.

I had particularly wanted to meet Eastwood, and not simply because he has a wonderful screen presence and is a marvellous director, but also because of his love and deep knowledge of jazz.

He directed Forest Whitaker in Bird, the biopic of Charlie Parker, uses jazz often on the soundtracks of his films and has a son, Kyle, who is a jazz musician.

After we finished the interview, I collected Mary and took her to meet Eastwood, a most agreeable and pleasant man.

We were chatting away, Mary transfixed by his lanky, easy charm, when he said to me: 'I'm going out to have dinner then on to a jazz club to see my son Kyle play. Would you and Mary like to join me?'

And I said: 'Thank you but I'm feeling knackered and I think I'm going to have an early night.'

As we left his company Mary said: 'I can't believe you said that.' Nor could I. She moans about it to this day."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1065418/Parkinson-Madonna-Robert-Mitchum-drug-offer-I-refuse.html
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 12:57:43 PM »

Great post Right turn ....

I read that Parkinson had his book coming out and that Clint was bound to be in there.

Parkinson said at the warm up to his studio show (day after the NFT interview) that he was so glad to have "finally got him".

One of my special memories.

Philo . 

"I won't be hitting you with my face"
right turn clyde

Shockley, you big prick !

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 04:05:43 PM »

The NFT night was great. Dina and her friend were sat two rows behind us (no, I couldn't hear what they were saying!) and she sat through the whole of Mystic River. Chris Frayling was in the row in front of me and was shuffling papers and taking notes. Then Parkinson came on stage and just said "The bigger the star the shorter the introduction, Ladies and Gentleman, Clint Eastwood" and out he popped! Clint talked for just over an hour, to be honest there was nothing new in the interview, just the same recycled biography stuff about the plane crash in the Army, directing Misty for free etc, interesting if you'd not heard it before though. We hung around at the end as he was leaving the NFT. Clint actually got booed as he left as there were people who hadn't got tickets and had waited outside in freezing temperatures for hours and Clint just saw them and walked past ignoring them and got into his car. I was quite surprised at him to be honest, I guess dinner was on his mind!? It was a great night for us though and although I don't live in the UK anymore it would be good to get that opportunity again.
palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 10:42:59 PM »

Here is the NFT interview in full for those that missed / can't remember it

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2003/oct/07/guardianinterviewsatbfisouthbank
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 02:45:31 AM by palooka » Logged

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T