News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: interview of Clint Eastwood on French TV  (Read 1877 times)
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: November 11, 2008, 11:46:32 PM »

http://www.canalplus.fr/index.php?pid=2454&cid=184758

Here is the link with a great interview of Clint Eastwood by the french journalist Laurent  Weil, on Canal + channel (25 minutes)
(You've got to click on the small photo called "rencontre", this word means "meeting")

Clint Eastwood talks about his last films of course, but about a lot of other films too, his job ...

I watched it on last Sunday morning and I'm pleased to "put" it there today : it's in English, subtitled in French.

Enjoy it ! ;)

« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 11:30:07 AM by Sylvie » Logged

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 06:19:40 AM »

Thanks, Sylvie!
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 06:21:36 AM »

I really enjoyed the interview.    Right at the end when Clint starts to laugh is a brilliant moment.  :)

Thank you for posting it Sylvie.
iconfan

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 10:45:39 AM »

Sylvie
Thanks so much for posting that interview

Here in Ohio, the closest thing I get to this kind of a quality interview (in both "in depth" and lenght) is limited to
Charlie Rose or Larry King--and even then it's rare when someone you are interested in is a guest.
The "average" fan is usually satisfied with the material and formats of Leno and Letterman where a star comes on for seven or eight minutes and talks up their particular film opening in a few days and that fan feels they learned quite a bit and then off they go to see the film.

But there are a higher level of fans (and not just of Eastwood) who search around and go out of their way to hunt down the new copy of Playboy or other print magazine in the hopes that magazine will feature more than 10 pages with the star and provide new insight to a star. (Like in this interview I learned that he wrote the theme for Unforgiven while driving out to the location and also that a few of his co-stars, over time, settled into his relaxed routine and actually looked forward to his process of filming rehersals--also confirming the reports from over the years that the studios STILL seem to have such low respect for the man's judgement of storytelling when they cringe at the thought of handing him 30 to 40 million to make a dark movie that, yes, while dark, might just bring acclaim from critics as well as a few Oscars (and money) that a good bulk of the rest of their year's film output would never achieve for them: I.E.....Million Dollar Baby, Mystic River, Unforgiven (which was a western in a time when NOBODY wanted to do westerns))
So..... I am one such fan and stumbling upon such a nice interview such as this one (pardon the pun) makes my day as I countdown to Gran Torino (sadly, in January for me)

I am so glad for the internet and youtube and generous people like yourself on webpages such as this one and your friendly sharing of such material
many of us die-hard Eastwood fans would have missed otherwise.
Thanks again!!!

« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 11:06:02 AM by iconfan » Logged
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 04:37:31 PM »

:) Thanks , Sylvie !     Very nice interview  !     O0
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 04:11:12 PM by higashimori » Logged

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 04:15:32 AM »

;) Thank you all !

I've loved that interview : Laurent Weil is fond of Cinéma, and his questions, his comments are often forceful.

25 minutes really cool and interesting ! :)

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
Clint Van Wallach

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 07:20:44 AM »

I've shared this with several Clint fans that I know as well.  Everyone thought it was great!

Many thanks, Sylvie.
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

I dont think it's nice you're laughing...

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 04:21:37 PM »

What a wonderful interview you found there, Sylvie  O0

Great journalism and a great conversation to booth, that made everything run smoothly.
It definetly didn't feel like a interview that lasts almost half an hour  ;)

-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 08:47:57 AM »

I can never get these to work. Couldn't watch it.  :-\

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T