News: Jersey Boys is to be released on DVD, November 11, 2014!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's does Clint's house look like?  (Read 9201 times)
skippy

cool

View Profile Email
« on: April 16, 2003, 05:22:55 PM »

If you know the answer then give it to me now.  :)
Daisy Abigael

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2003, 06:12:41 PM »

Hey, Skip!  I missed ya!  :)

If you know the answer then give it to me now

Why?  You delivering him a pizza?  Or you are a stalker or something?

I need the answers... Now! ;D

Daisy Girl!
misty71

I'm a guitar player

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 07:55:10 AM »

So what happens if we don't give the anser to you  >:(NOW!? ;D
No seriously Ive read in a Ian Johnstone book about his house in carmel, I don't know if still looks that way but Ive heard he's got a tree in his living room or something like that. It doesn't soundd right the way I say it but I mean he build his house around this big tree that he didn't wanna destroy or something like it. Kc Matt, or all you experts out there please correct me if what I just said isnt acurate. ;D Im just reporting something I read.I do have a pic of him inside his house, and the decoration looks kinda classy and has like and earthy feeling to it (oh the poetry!)That's all I know, but if I find more Ill report it to you IMMEDIATLY ;D

"I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police."
 Keith Richards
Agent
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2003, 09:41:48 AM »

A tree in his living room??! It couldn't be the tree from Unforgiven, could it?

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it." - Clint Eastwood
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2003, 09:57:12 AM »

I have some colour pictures from a UK magazine from 1977 , but how I would get them on here is another matter .

This is the house that Maggie took a great deal of care to design , so only she probably lives there now .

It is the one with the tree .

Philo .

"I won't be hitting you with my face"
skippy

cool

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2003, 11:05:23 AM »

Hey, Skip!  I missed ya!  :)Why?  You delivering him a pizza?  Or you are a stalker or something?

I need the answers... Now! ;D
  No daisy I'm none of that I just want to see what Clints house looks like. See I live on the other side of the country. So I never saw California.  :(
harryheath44

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2003, 09:29:19 AM »

I have heard of this house too but I read he spins most of his time at his house at Pebble Beach now.

Nothing wrong with shooting as long as the right people get shot.
thomas johnson

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 04:52:42 AM »

i am going to carmel next year does clint still have a resterarnt there if so where is it i am only going be cause i would like to see it i no he will not be there but if he was it would make my day i live in the uk
KC
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 08:45:48 PM »

Well, you might check out this link, posted by CEWB member Dan Dassow in another thread:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=%2Fc%2Fa%2F2010%2F12%2F03%2FTRO31G0S8Q.DTL

... Eastwood recalls his favorite watering holes and hangouts in Monterey County. That's not hard to do, because he owns several of them, including Mission Ranch, the fabled Hog's Breath restaurant in Carmel and Tehama Ranch in Carmel Valley, where he resides.

For Eastwood, these days there's truly no place like home.

"I would say one of my favorite spots is this place [Mission Ranch]," he says, gesturing to the field outside the window of the restaurant. "I bought it because it was a favorite spot. They were going to have some 60 to 80 units of condominiums come in, and I said, 'No, we can't do that. ... I've got to at least try to restore it. We changed some things, but it's basically the same as it was 60 to 70 years ago. It once had a polo field where the sheep are, and they had a swimming pool out where the brush is. They also had a sort of '50s modern building down by the tennis court, and I tore that down and put up something that was more like Mission Ranch to me."

The Restaurant at Mission Ranch is a spot he's frequently chosen to give interviews, and he is reported to drop in there casually from time to time. You might want to check out their website:

http://www.missionranchcarmel.com/restaurant.html

On the other hand, though he may still own the Hog's Breath Inn, he takes no part in running it. Still, you might want to stop in for one of the "Dirty Harry Burgers" featured on the menu.

http://www.hogsbreathinn.net/index.php
thomas johnson

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 07:32:58 AM »

i did go to  see him at his mission ranch in carmel and i did meet him it was the best time of my life he  was grate
AKA23
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 10:55:00 AM »

That's great. I went to Mission Ranch last year too, but unlike you, I didn't get to meet Clint. I'd love to hear more about how you met Clint. What happened? What did he say? What did you say? What was it like? Congratulations to you on meeting him! :)
AKA23
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 10:59:02 AM »

As for Clint's house, I heard when I was in Carmel from someone who used to work for him that he is building a big house. I believe it's currently being constructed on the Tehama golf lot. It's supposed to be huge, and very expensive. I wonder why Clint at 82 would want to undertake this kind of project, but I suspect it's probably for his wife and kids to enjoy after he's gone. If anyone knows any more about this, feel free to post more details. As for his current house, people in Carmel told me where it was, but I didn't feel it was appropriate to be a voyeur at his private residence, so I never went there. 
gwb, pt deux

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2012, 07:03:42 PM »

As for Clint's house, I heard when I was in Carmel from someone who used to work for him that he is building a big house. I believe it's currently being constructed on the Tehama golf lot. It's supposed to be huge, and very expensive. I wonder why Clint at 82 would want to undertake this kind of project, but I suspect it's probably for his wife and kids to enjoy after he's gone. If anyone knows any more about this, feel free to post more details. As for his current house, people in Carmel told me where it was, but I didn't feel it was appropriate to be a voyeur at his private residence, so I never went there. 

It is huge:
http://curbed.com/archives/2011/02/18/clint-eastwoods-15000sqft-estate-is-coming-along-nicely.php
From some of the scenes from that new reality show with his wife, it looked like some of the scenes may have been filmed there (inside the courtyard, etc..)
rr-electricangel

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 02:41:11 AM »

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 02:42:21 AM by rr-electricangel » Logged

Clint Eastwood's words of wisdom: "Take your profession seriously; don't take yourself seriously. Don't take yourself seriously in the process, because you really only matter to a certain degree in the whole circus out here."
thomas johnson

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 11:59:06 AM »

If you know the answer then give it to me now.  :)

we stade at the misson ranch which he owns he came in to the bar at 8pm and was there till 10pm it is a nice place
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 06:26:22 PM by KC » Logged
KC
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2012, 06:27:47 PM »

Hi, Thomas, I hope you don't mind that I edited your post so you could see where the quote from Skippy ended and your post began.

I'm happy that you got to see him in person! Congratulations! 8)
thomas johnson

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 07:04:20 AM »

yes it was nice to see him he has a nice place
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T