News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BASEBALL 2009  (Read 36733 times)
Clint Van Wallach

Email
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2009, 05:43:14 PM »

So whose idea was, "Hop On One Foot Day?"

WeAllHaveItCominKid
Member Extraordinaire

They got a sign on him in front of Greely's?

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2009, 12:22:14 PM »

;D

That's a great video!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 12:23:36 PM by WeAllHaveItCominKid » Logged

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
JMG

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2009, 08:03:36 PM »

The Chicago Cubs are opening the season tomorrow night @ Houston. The Chicago White Sox opening game in Chicago has already been canceled due to a snow storm moving thru Chicago. I don't know why MLB continues to schedule games in Chicago in early April. There are cities in a warmer climate that are better suited for these early season games.  ::)

Anyway, baseball season gets underway tomorrow.  :D
WeAllHaveItCominKid
Member Extraordinaire

They got a sign on him in front of Greely's?

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2009, 08:11:13 PM »

Yup! Let's get this season going! Nothing like baseball season. I'm so excited seeing the Yankees playing in the new YANKEE STADIUM. Did anybody here catch the pre-season games played there over the weekend against the Cubs? The Stadium looks aboslutely stunning! It does feel strange though. It's going to take me a lot to get used to. I just doesn't feel like home yet.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2009, 08:19:13 PM »

Yup! Let's get this season going! Nothing like baseball season. I'm so excited seeing the Yankees playing in the new YANKEE STADIUM. Did anybody here catch the pre-season games played there over the weekend against the Cubs? The Stadium looks aboslutely stunning! It does feel strange though. It's going to take me a lot to get used to. I just doesn't feel like home yet.

I watched both games. Some people on the baseball site where I hang out when I'm not here thought the stadium played like a "bandbox," and kept complaining about all the home runs the Yankees were hitting. I say, let's wait and see ... didn't notice the Cubs hitting home runs in bunches. And Saturday, at least, was a very windy day.

I hope they'll get the season opener in Baltimore in on schedule tomorrow. For New York, they're predicting a rainy day ... hope the weather's better that far south.
JMG

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2009, 12:16:52 AM »

Yeah. I saw part of Saturday's Cubs @ Yankees game on Chicago Comcast Sports Network. Didn't much care for the outcome but the Cubs are just getting warmed up.  ;)

We'll see you Yankees in the World Series and even up the score...I hope.  :o It should be a fun baseball season.  :D
JMG

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2009, 12:45:08 AM »

BTW, Big Z loved the new Yankee Stadium, said Chicago should build the Cubs a new stadium and I agree. I'm not one of those Cub fans who think of Wrigley Field as a shrine, it's a dump. I've been going to Wrigley Field since 1963, I know what I'm talking about, it's hard to get to and hard to get out of, it's in an old downtown residential area, restrooms and concessions are a joke, parking nonexistent. Wrigley Field should have been knocked down forty years ago when the Bears stopped playing there.

End of rant. >:D  ;D
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2009, 06:43:55 AM »

I'd love a Cubs-Yankees World Series! Play ball! :D
Alcatraz
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2009, 06:55:44 AM »

Yay! Baseball season!

"Reality continues to ruin my life" - Calvin
Clint Van Wallach

Email
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2009, 08:58:23 AM »

I spent  last  month working for the White Sox in Phoenix.  I'm not nearly the baseball fan I once was but I got to watch all their Spring training games for free. And get paid for it as well.
I don't have any  interesting stories to tell about the experience as most of the players are rather stoic and keep to themselves. Ozzie Guillen is quite the character though.

I will say watching the fans was often more fun then watching the games.

Nice to see tube tops are back in fashion.  :)

higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2009, 02:44:32 PM »

:)      The Godzilla's first homerun of season 2009 !       But Yankees lost this game !  ???

Ichiro is in the disabled list for a few days because he suffers from a gastric ulcer !   :(     I think WBC to have been big stress for Ichiro !     I hope that he recovers as soon as possible and plays !  :)

O0

« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 03:26:45 PM by higashimori » Logged

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2009, 09:00:34 AM »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/baseball/mlb/04/09/adenhart.killed/index.html

Angels P Adenhart killed in car crash

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Los Angeles Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart was among three people killed in a crash in Fullerton, California, early Thursday, according to media reports.

CNN affiliates KTLA and the Los Angeles Times as well as TMZ.com identified the victim as Adenhart, 22, from Silver Spring, Maryland.

One person was arrested in connection with the three-vehicle accident occurred about 12:23 a.m. Thursday in Fullerton, south of Los Angeles. Witnesses say a red minivan ran a red light and struck two vehicles at a Fullerton intersection, police Lt. Craig Brower told CNN.

One of the vehicles, a gray Mitsubishi, slammed into a power pole, Brower said. Two of its passengers were dead at the scene, he said. The other two were transported to a hospital, where a third later died. The remaining passenger was in critical condition, Brower said.

A passenger in the minivan was taken to a hospital with minor injuries, Brower said. The third vehicle sustained minor damage, and its driver was unhurt, he said. Police did not identify any of the dead.

The minivan's driver fled the scene and was later arrested, Brower said. Andrew Thomas Gallo, 22, of Riverside will face charges of manslaughter, felony driving under the influence and hit-and-run, he said.

Footage from the scene showed the minivan with a smashed front end and the Mitsubishi, which was heavily damaged. Debris littered the intersection where the crash took place, and it was cordoned off with yellow police tape.

-- CNN's Rosalina Nieves contributed to this report.
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2009, 07:06:01 AM »

:)  Ichiro is incredible ! really big player!    He hit a grand slam homer on the day when he went out of the disabled list !      O0

He has 42, too !
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 07:08:09 AM by higashimori » Logged

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2009, 05:44:39 PM »

Everyone had 42 that day. :)

Jackie Robinson Day
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2009, 03:53:33 PM »

I was at the gym an hour ago and it was 15-2 now it's...

Cleveland 20
New York Yankees 4

Top of the 8th.

:o  :o
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2009, 03:56:55 PM »

That's right ... and it was 2-0 Yankees, after one ... and 14-2 Cleveland, after one and a half! :o

And I'm still sitting here watching it.   :'(

EDIT: Make it 21-4 now in the top of the eighth as Hafner hits the sixth Cleveland home run of the game.  :-[
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 04:01:37 PM by KC » Logged
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2009, 04:36:37 PM »

Wow. 22-4. I don't know what I would do if I were on the losing team. Part of me would just want to leave the park and go home and a part of me would want to stay out of loyalty to my teammates. But what do you do when the opposing team gets 14 runs in one inning? How do you deal with that?
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2009, 06:58:31 PM »

I guess you just keep repeating, "It's only one game ... it's only one game ..." over and over. And you try to play out the rest of the game as if you had a chance, which a couple of the Yankees actually seemed to be doing.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2009, 07:01:54 PM »

For the morbidly curious ... here's how the Yankees' pitchers fared today:

JMG

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2009, 08:12:50 PM »

Wow. 22-4. I don't know what I would do if I were on the losing team. Part of me would just want to leave the park and go home and a part of me would want to stay out of loyalty to my teammates. But what do you do when the opposing team gets 14 runs in one inning? How do you deal with that?

I've been on both the winning and losing sides of similar situations. You just forget about it and move on, get ready for the next game. After all, it's still only one game.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T