News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE ENFORCER: The Story 1: The Title--The Enforcer  (Read 2960 times)
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: February 15, 2009, 11:30:05 PM »

Since there was already a film known as The Enforcer made in 1951 starring Humphrey Bogart, do you think it was wise for this film to have the same title?
Would you have preferred it to be called Dirty Harry III or something else?
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 02:14:35 PM »

Not Dirty Harry III that just doesn't fit.    The Enforcer is fine.  A reminder of the Bogart movie (for those who can remember) if not a great title for a new movie.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 02:46:43 PM »

Yeah, it would have been odd to go back to Dirty Harry being a part of the title after Magnum Force became the title of the first sequel. And come to think of it, I'm glad we didn't get Dirty Harry II: Magnum Force, Dirty Harry III: The Enforcer, etc.

I've never seen the 1951 film The Enforcer. It'd only been 25 years since that film was released before this Enforcer... I wonder if people initially thought it was a remake. ??? But as far as the Dirty Harry series goes, I like the title The Enforcer. It's reminiscent to Magnum Force, and besides, Harry is an enforcer.

I was curious about how the definition of enforcer would read (from dictionary.com). Here's the first results:
–noun
1. a person or thing that enforces.
2. the member of a group, esp. of a gang, charged with keeping dissident members obedient.
3. a person, esp. a public official, who enforces laws, regulations, rules, or the like.
4. Also called policeman. Ice Hockey. a physically intimidating or willingly belligerent player who is counted on to retaliate when rough tactics are used by the opposing team.
_Clintan_

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 08:46:00 AM »

I love the name of the film as it is.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 03:44:08 AM »

I like the title. It's definitely an improvement on Dirty Harry III or Moving Target which was another early working title for the film.

Harry enforcers the law, if at times, he doesn't play by the rules, it get's the job done.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 07:47:52 PM »

Thanks to everyone for participating in this discussion. This topic is now closed, please post any additional thoughts in the Dirty Harry forum.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T