News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE ENFORCER: Acting 1: Clint Eastwood's Performance  (Read 4054 times)
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: February 15, 2009, 11:31:10 PM »

This was the third film in the Dirty Harry series. What do you think of Eastwood’s performance in this film? Was there anything different in this performance that you noticed from the first two films?
Aline

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 09:04:01 AM »

Yes, totally. We can see some substantial differences from the "Harry" from the two previous movies. He is more...cynical, playful, less uptight, I think. I cant imagine the Harry from the first movie treating a woman the way he does to Kate in this one. He isn't exactly a gentleman in this movie ;D
And in Magnum Force remember how he reacts when the asian girl "makes a move" on him? He gets very uncomfortable. If in this movie a woman did that, I think he would react very differently.

Those are the differences I can remember. As for the dirty methods to catch the bad guys, he hasn't changed that much. :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 09:07:36 AM by Aline » Logged
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 01:40:28 AM »

And in Magnum Force remember how he reacts when the asian girl "makes a move" on him? He gets very uncomfortable. If in this movie a woman did that, I think he would react very differently.

I've never picked up on any discomfort on Harry's part when the Asian girl comes on to him... ??? 

Anyway, I think this is a great performance (for what it is) by Clint.  I mean it's Clint Eastwood in his prime playing Dirty Harry!  I liked how the film let him loosen up a bit, like when he plays "Larry Dickman."  That scene cracks me up.  And he seems to have such great chemistry with Albert Popwell and Tyne Daly.

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
Aline

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 06:49:41 AM »

I've never picked up on any discomfort on Harry's part when the Asian girl comes on to him... ??? 

You'd have to be a girl to notice that ;)
kidding, maybe it's just me but I tought he was uncomfortable and very formal.See how it takes a while before he replies her "invitation"
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 06:53:53 AM by Aline » Logged
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 07:29:32 AM »

I recently watched Magnum Force as well, and I didn't notice any discomfort either. Maybe it takes a man to notice that. ;)
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 12:34:47 PM »

I feel Clint's performance is different from the first two Dirty Harry movies.  He seems to be more relaxed and inclined to be more humorous.  His attitude to the criminal element is easier and he listens to them more.  Maybe for the help they will give him if he doesn't go in guns blazing.   I do like Harry in this movie and find him easier to watch.
_Clintan_

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 08:51:59 AM »

Like previously mentioned, I think it's classic Eastwood. He's still tough as hell but relaxed and funny at the same time. I love it!

D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 07:49:10 PM »

Thanks to everyone for participating in this discussion. This topic is now closed, please post any additional thoughts in the Dirty Harry forum.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T