News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Rawhide" episode discussion  (Read 67701 times)
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2010, 11:44:30 AM »

Where in Hang 'em High would that be, SC?

Behind the gallows.
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2010, 04:11:52 PM »

Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2010, 03:47:45 PM »

In their adventures along the Sedalia trail, do you ever see them delivering the herd to the markets?
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2010, 01:00:45 AM »

Season 2 Episode 1, the Rowdy show from go to woe. :o
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2010, 12:54:26 AM »

Still on season one here.

Viewed the episode The Incident Of The Calico Gun today with very special guest star Jack Lord. He played a real salty looking dude in this. Complete change from his Steve McGarrett role in Hawaii 5-0. He and his brothers try and rob the boys when the pay master comes along.

It took me half an episode to figure out who the actor was playing one of Jack Lord's brother's was. It was Gene Collins from Kelly's Heroes.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
herofan

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2010, 07:48:24 AM »

In their adventures along the Sedalia trail, do you ever see them delivering the herd to the markets?

I believe they reach market sometime in season 3.
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2010, 11:21:10 PM »

Thanks herofan. :)

More and more well known actors starting to pop up now in Season 2. Just saw Gene Evans who I remembered from MASH (Clayton Kibbee) and Harry Dean Stanton in the episode Incident at the Buffalo Smokehouse. Also Cesar Romero who played The Joker in the original Batman 1966 movie in Incident of the Stalking Death.
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2010, 01:48:50 AM »

I just watched  Incident of the 100 Amulets episode and I immediately thought it was a coming of age for Rowdy/Clint.

You can see the clenched teeth while saying the line
Better do more than point a gun at me, mister!

Slowly you can see over the initial episodes, he becomes more than a Ramrod but a handy gunfighter. Rowdy matures in a way that I would like to explain but watching Rawhide in itself is a better explanation so to speak.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2010, 08:54:21 PM »

Well it took me ten months but I've finally gotten through all 22 episodes of season 1.

Throughly enjoyable and I kind of liked only watching an episode now and again.

More and more well known actors starting to pop up now in Season 2.

That's cool. I thought there were plenty in the first season, so that's something to look forward to.

Was it normal back then for the credits to be at the end of the show? Sometimes I'll see someone and recognise them but have to wait until the end of the show to see who it was.

Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2010, 02:00:03 AM »

Nearly finished watching Season 2 and this show gets better with age. Some of the cheesy edges get refined and now some of the episodes become less dramatic but are made up more of the comradely of the drovers and their relationships.

Confidence in the acting seems to flow on, maybe that they know another season is immanent.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2010, 04:50:58 AM »

OK, can somebody explain this?

As I said, I finished watching Season 1 last week. 22 episodes on the DVD's. According to epguides.com, there were 23 episodes.

I haven't opened season 2 yet, but according to ezydvd, the final episode of season 1, Incident Of The Roman Candles is the second episode on the season 2 DVD's.

What the heck is going on?

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2010, 06:52:29 AM »

As I said, I finished watching Season 1 last week. 22 episodes on the DVD's. According to epguides.com, there were 23 episodes.

I haven't opened season 2 yet, but according to ezydvd, the final episode of season 1, Incident Of The Roman Candles is the second episode on the season 2 DVD's.

On my boxed set of series 1 the last episode is Incident Of The Roman Candles and is #23 on disc 7.   Then on Disc 1 series 2,  episode #2 is Incident Of The Roman Candles
   Therefore some of us have that episode twice!!   :D     Yes I agree very confusing
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2010, 06:52:47 PM »

Looking at "The Rawhide Years" link on this site, the episode Incident Of The Roman Candles is the second episode of Season 2.

At epguides that episode aired July 10, 1959. Which puts it at the end of season 1 & before season 2.

http://www.epguides.com/Rawhide/

http://www.clinteastwood.net/rawhide/episodes/

TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2010, 01:39:51 AM »

Kid,  according to IMDb, Incident of the Roman Candles, Original Air Date was 25 September 1959 (Season 2, Episode 2)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0683103/
herofan

View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2010, 02:22:23 PM »

Although it is the last episode on the Season 1 DVD set, it has "second season" in parentheses.  I took it to be a bonus episode to get everyone fired up to purchase season 2 as well. 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 02:25:24 PM by herofan » Logged
herofan

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2010, 06:06:14 PM »

I just have to say, Rawhide is a great show that keeps my interest, and it's not a show that I know what the outcome will be in the first 15 minutes.  I just watched "Incident of the Stargazer" from season 2 and it was a great episode.  It had a bit of an Alfred Hitchcock flavor.  Pete sees a woman dropped off a stagecoach in the middle of nowhere.  Apparently she has been back East because she was sick, and is to meet her husband there and go back to their ranch.  When he doesn't show up, Pete takes her to her ranch.  She recognizes everyone there except the man who says he's her husband.  I won't spoil it.
Anyway, great show!  I hope they release all the seasons.
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2010, 03:32:38 AM »

Watched "Incident of the Night Visitor " and I loved it. A little bit predictable but has one of those feel good endings.

This one shares and involves what's coming to be now to be the main stay actors in the series. You can see the roots setting in the ground so to speak.
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2010, 06:50:05 PM »

"Incident of the Buffalo Soldier" was an all Eastwood episode, where he befriends Corporal Gabe Washington played by Woody Strode. This loose canon Corporal is always getting into trouble because he always looks after number 1, himself.

Rowdy sees the good side of him and will stop at nothing to prove that, even literally fighting through his stubbornness.
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2010, 01:41:22 PM »

I have just watched the very first episode of Rawhide,"Incident of the Tumbleweed Wagon".

This was on TCM and a real joy to see again.

The episode wasn't a classic but it did have it's good moments. ...

It's marvellous I have been waiting all this time to watch Rawhide when suddenly it's not only back on UKtv it's also available on dvd (region 2) from HMV.

This is not the region 2 [Dutch Import] but a brand new release from revelationfilms :)

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/simpleMultiSearch.do?searchUID=&pGroupID=0&adultFlag=false&primaryID=0&simpleSearchString=rawhide+season+1&btnSubmitSearch.x=16&btnSubmitSearch.y=12
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2010, 07:50:41 AM »

I just watched "Incident at Alabaster Plain" :)

A particularly good episode and in this one we get to see how Rowdy Yates acquired his gun with the famous walnut silverplated snake handled grips.

http://www.sixtiescity.com/Mbeat/mbfilms7.htm

KC,  Great post about how Rowdy Yates acquired his gun, (Clint's Guns thread) O0

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=4347.msg12685#msg12685

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T