News: Watch Clint Eastwood's RICHARD JEWELL, now available streaming and on Blu-ray and DVD!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Rawhide" episode discussion  (Read 75709 times)
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2010, 06:58:37 AM »

Today I watched "Incident with an Executioner".

This was my least Favourite Episode so far! 

The story involved a stagecoach, which was full of passengers, being stalked by a mysterious rider with a black satchel.The stagecoach loses control and turns over with all the passengers inside.Gil Favor, the trail boss lets the passengers ride with the drive. He then becomes aware that the mysterious figure is now Stalking then!

Most of the action takes place around the camp fire or on the drive and it features all the main characters :)
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2010, 10:51:49 AM »

I watched 4 more tasty Episodes of Rawhide over the weekend,all of these were most fulfilling. :)

"Incident of the Widowed Dove"

"Incident on the Edge of Madness"

"Incident of the Power and the Plow"

"Incident at Barker Springs"

Incident of the Widowed Dove was directed by Ted Post (Hang 'Em High  and Magnum Force)

I also recognized the Star Trek actor,DeForest Kelley ( Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy) playing the part of the villain,Slate Prell in Incident at Barker Springs.

All these stories were very interesting to watch and I am now getting quite addicted to this classic show O0
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2010, 02:07:57 AM »

Watched "Incident of the Boomerang" with Woody Strode as the Aboriginal with an American accent.(terrible)

It did remind me of my childhood learning how to throw a boomerang with my brother in the park at the end of the street. Michael Pate was very good in this episode. Well worth watching.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2010, 10:08:09 PM »

Season 2 Episode 1, the Rowdy show from go to woe. :o

Just watched this episode and from the very beginning, it's all Rowdy. He even does the little monologue on the trail at the start that was always done by Gil Favor in Season 1. Looking forward to seeing the other episodes SC has spoken about being all Rowdy.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2010, 12:39:49 AM »

Yesterday I watched "The Peddler" and what was funny was when Rowdy and Gil were sitting side by side on their horses. Gil then turned his horse to ride off but he turned towards Rowdy horse and the head of Gil's horse nearly took Rowdy's head off. Luckily Rowdy ducked his head just in time. ;D

Season 4, Episode 15.
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2011, 12:04:57 AM »

In "The Woman Trap" you'll see a very familiar face in Marion Ross from "Happy Days". Gees that brought back some memories.

In the following episode "The Boss's Daughters", Gill's daughters have the responsibility of calling out a famous line from the series.

At the end of "Deserter's Patrol", Pete Nolan leaves the drive for another job. (Or does he?)
herofan

View Profile Email
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2011, 12:46:38 PM »

I have recently watched the season 3 episodes wher they come to the end of the drive at  Sadalia and they were all great episodes.  They were

"Incident....

.....Near the Promised Land"
.....Of the Big Blow Out"
.....Of the Fish Out of Water"
.....On the Road Back"

I'm ready for "Incident of the New Start."
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2011, 01:43:58 PM »

Yep, there were great herofan. ;)

In the "The Greedy Town" Charles H. Gray gets billing in the opening credits and plays Clay Forrester. He's been in a few episodes before but it's pretty much all him in this one. Pete Nolan seems to be gone but at the end of "Deserter's Patrol", when he decides to leave, it was a pretty lame acting performance by Sheb not that the writers gave him much to work with. He said he didn't want to leave the drive and then 2 seconds later he changes his mind just because the Army needs him. Give me a break.
herofan

View Profile Email
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2011, 04:55:00 AM »

Yep, there were great herofan. ;)

In the "The Greedy Town" Charles H. Gray gets billing in the opening credits and plays Clay Forrester. He's been in a few episodes before but it's pretty much all him in this one. Pete Nolan seems to be gone but at the end of "Deserter's Patrol", when he decides to leave, it was a pretty lame acting performance by Sheb not that the writers gave him much to work with. He said he didn't want to leave the drive and then 2 seconds later he changes his mind just because the Army needs him. Give me a break.

What season are these episodes?
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2011, 03:52:47 PM »

Season 4. "The Greedy Town" is episode 19.
herofan

View Profile Email
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2011, 04:28:40 PM »

I just watched a 3rd season episode called "Incident of the Boomerang."  I thought it funny that Wishbone unintentionally gave Mushy the middle finger.   Wish asked for a pitcher of water.  They were low, so Mushy only brought a tiny bit.  Wish rubbed his middle finger in it and held it in front of Mushy's face and made a comment. 

I remember seeing where a comedian gave the middle finger in a 60s episode of Ed Sullivan once and got in trouble; he said he didn't know what it meant.  I wonder if it was no big deal in the early 60s?
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2011, 08:51:12 PM »

I have just started to watch them all again.  So far I am up to starting disc 2 season 1.    I like the Incident With An Executioner. It brought out all sorts of things with the people involved.   Alabaster Plain is pretty good too.
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2011, 06:15:41 PM »

Interesting to see the amount of 'well known' actors is increasing with every season proving that it must of been a very successful series back in the day. Yesterday I watched "The Child-Woman" with a return appearance of Cesar Romero who played the Joker in the original series of Batman.
herofan

View Profile Email
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2011, 07:22:19 PM »

Was the Sedalia trail the only trail they used in the entire 8 seasons?  I am in season three where they reached Sedalia, then went back to Texas and started another drive on the Sedalia Trail.  The weird part is they act like it's all new to them instead of being familiar.  I wonder why?
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2011, 07:27:24 PM »

Thanks herofan. :)

More and more well known actors starting to pop up now in Season 2. Just saw Gene Evans who I remembered from MASH (Clayton Kibbee) and Harry Dean Stanton in the episode Incident at the Buffalo Smokehouse.

I just watched this episode and it also starred Vera Miles (Psycho) and Jack Weston (High Road To China). :)

Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2011, 04:23:39 PM »

Watched the first episode of Season 5 which was "Incident of the Portrait" but IMDb has it as the second episode. ???

Frank Trask played by John Ireland and Marion Curtis played by Nina Shipman are the central characters. The two are drawn together by circumstance as Frank has unknowingly killed Marion's father.

Great acting by those two along with Ted Post who did a fine job directing this episode and with new opening credits, it certainly gained my attention.

Edit: I almost forgot, they put a map of the different trails between San Antonio, Sadalia and other towns at the start of the episode.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 04:29:49 PM by Southern cat » Logged
herofan

View Profile Email
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »

Was the Sedalia trail the only trail they used in the entire 8 seasons?  I am in season three where they reached Sedalia, then went back to Texas and started another drive on the Sedalia Trail.  The weird part is they act like it's all new to them instead of being familiar.  I wonder why?

My question was answered as I started watching season 4.  They started a new drive on the Chisum trail, and this time, Favor owns the cows.  It's odd; they ended the first drive at Sedalia in the middle of season 3, took a few episodes off from the trail to regroup and started another drive to Sedalia.  Then, at the beginning of season 4, they apparently have reached Sedalia again and are ready for a new drive.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2011, 08:00:43 PM »

Just watched the second season episode, Incident of The Stargazer and not a shot of Rowdy in the whole show! I hope there aren't too many like that?

I've noticed a few epiosodes in this second season including this one where most of the action takes place away from the trail and drovers and the story only involves one or two of the main characters.

Incident of The Stargazer is a Pete Nolan episode with a bit of help from Mushy half way through. Only one scene involves the rest of the gang minus Rowdy.

This episode also featured Buddy Ebsen in a bad guy role! :o

Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2011, 11:12:27 PM »

Just watched the second season episode, Incident of The Stargazer and not a shot of Rowdy in the whole show! I hope there aren't too many like that?

There are a few like that when you don't see him except at the very start or end of the episode. I don't mind as long as it's a good episode to watch.
herofan

View Profile Email
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2011, 06:10:35 PM »

I'm about half way through season 4 and there have been 3 or 4 episodes where Rowdy doesn't appear at all.  His whereabouts aren't mentioned in the episodes either.  I don't think he's ever missing in back to back episodes, but I suppose they weren't necessarily aired in the order they were filmed.  I wonder if he was doing another project that took him away for a few episodes?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T