News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Rawhide" episode discussion  (Read 67522 times)
herofan

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2009, 02:17:11 PM »

I've just got to say that I am absolutely loving Rawhide.  I have a life, so I'm not able to go through the seasons very quickly, I recently finished season 2, vol. I, but during my Christmas vacation, I'm getting to watch more.  I got another vol. for Christmas and am looking forward to it.  It's not just Clint's presence that causes me to like it.  These shows are very well written and suspenseful.   I watched "Incident of the Wanted Painter" last night with an actor named Robert Lowery.  He bore a striking resemblance to Clark Gable, I even thought he talked like him.
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 07:43:22 PM »

I do need to get the dvd's. I grew up watching that show on Sundays with my dad.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
herofan

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2010, 05:23:24 PM »

So, I wonder what is with the slow release on season 4?  One would think the current popularity of Clint would cause it to be a seller. 
herofan

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2010, 04:31:05 PM »

I noticed that all 6 seasons of "Daniel Boone" are released.  I wouldn't have thought it was more popular than "Rawhide."
Clint Eastwood Fan

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2010, 07:29:29 PM »

I read  last year that the Western Channel has picked up Rawhide and it's supposed to air sometime in 2010.  Does anyone know when it's supposed to start airing?

"Sometimes you have to lose before you can win."

From Ambush at Cimarron Pass
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2010, 07:44:42 PM »

"Sometime next year" (which would be 2010), according to the story in the Hollywood Reporter back on Sept 29, 2009:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i9ba294d3ac964cbd82794ee64ff19e30

Premium movie outlet Encore has acquired the rights to air several classic Western series from CBS TV Distribution, including "Gunsmoke" and "Rawhide."

Black and white episodes of "Gunsmoke" will return to TV in January on the company's Encore Westerns channel, with "Have Gun Will Travel" and "Rawhide" airing sometime next year.

You might try contacting the channel to find out more about it. I searched the site and came up empty.

http://www.starz.com/channels/encore/encorewesterns/
Clint Eastwood Fan

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2010, 09:15:17 PM »

"Sometime next year" (which would be 2010), according to the story in the Hollywood Reporter back on Sept 29, 2009:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i9ba294d3ac964cbd82794ee64ff19e30

You might try contacting the channel to find out more about it. I searched the site and came up empty.

http://www.starz.com/channels/encore/encorewesterns/

Thanks KC. 

"Sometimes you have to lose before you can win."

From Ambush at Cimarron Pass
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2010, 12:07:13 AM »

Do any of you have the complete Rawhide box set, all 217 episodes region free. I am looking to buy them but I don't know what the quality of the dvds are? I would be grateful for any help thanks ;D
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2010, 01:24:51 AM »

Do any of you have the complete Rawhide box set, all 217 episodes region free. I am looking to buy them but I don't know what the quality of the dvds are? I would be grateful for any help thanks ;D

I read somewhere (don't recall where exactly) that the quality is awfull.These are dvd-r and not dvd discs.Anyway I guess I'll have to buy the set soon or later,since CBS is delaying the release of the other seasons.

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2010, 01:54:11 PM »

Cheers antonis O0
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2010, 02:14:42 AM »

Just got season one and watched the first episode....and loved it. :)

El bueno

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2010, 02:21:48 AM »

Depends what was used as the source, last year I got all 217 episodes sent to me from a friend in the US, all were watchable no prob.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2010, 03:53:45 AM »

Just got season one and watched the first episode....and loved it. :)

First time you've seen the series, SC?

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2010, 04:11:48 AM »

First time you've seen the series, SC?

Yep and loving it.
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2010, 02:47:37 PM »

Depends what was used as the source, last year I got all 217 episodes sent to me from a friend in the US, all were watchable no prob.
Thanks,much appreciated, 1-malpaso-fan O0
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2010, 07:09:42 PM »

Watched the third episode last night and I'm hooked. Me thinks I'll be spending a lot more time in the garage.
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2010, 03:43:14 AM »

I keep hoping the 4th season will come out soon.  I have a special shelf for the Rawhide DVD's and can take one down when I have a half an hour to spare and just sit and watch one episode.
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2010, 11:29:20 PM »

Up to the 11th episode of season one and you can slowly see Rowdy's character starting to mature even though he can be a little hot headed at times.
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2010, 12:12:54 AM »

"Incident of the curious street" episode has a Newton House in the dead town as they called it. I'm pretty sure there is a Newton House in Hang'em High ???
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2010, 09:22:48 AM »

Where in Hang 'em High would that be, SC?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T