News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Rawhide" episode discussion  (Read 70526 times)
herofan

View Profile Email
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2011, 11:22:24 AM »

I'm about half way through season 4 and there have been 3 or 4 episodes where Rowdy doesn't appear at all.  His whereabouts aren't mentioned in the episodes either.  I don't think he's ever missing in back to back episodes, but I suppose they weren't necessarily aired in the order they were filmed.  I wonder if he was doing another project that took him away for a few episodes?

As I continue to watch season 4, Clint is absent in about every other episode.  What was going on?
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2011, 09:31:45 PM »

I just watched the second season episode ( yes, I know I'm way behind :-[ ) Incident of the Music Maker and had to have a chuckle when I saw Rowdy with a Spencer Rifle that he won in a poker game. He was quite handy with it too. 8)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2011, 10:17:14 PM »

Hit a bird in the eye, flying. ;)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2011, 10:41:19 PM »

Hit a bird in the eye, flying. ;)

;D

Actually he was only shooting at a bit of paper nailed to a tree about 20 yards away. :D

herofan

View Profile Email
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2011, 03:32:28 PM »

As I continue to watch season 4, Clint is absent in about every other episode.  What was going on?

As I continue season 4, Gil Favor is spread a little thin in several episodes too; he is totally absent in a few.  Pete left the drive too and was replaced by another guy.  Perhaps all this is why the ratings started dropping in this season. 
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2011, 10:10:24 PM »

As I continue season 4, Gil Favor is spread a little thin in several episodes too; he is totally absent in a few.  Pete left the drive too and was replaced by another guy.  Perhaps all this is why the ratings started dropping in this season. 

Yes, I miss Pete although he does come back for another 9 episodes later on.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2011, 07:44:26 PM »

After taking ten months to go through season 1, I got better with season 2 and did it in half the time. Only 5 months. :D

The last few episodes of Season 2 seem to be a lot better than the others to me. One episode (Incident Of The Silent Web) had a girl who witnessed her father being murdered and becomes mute joining the trail with a convict on the run posing as her father.

Incident Of The Last Chance has a newly married couple joining the trail till they get to a relatives ranch. The husband is a timid sort of fellow and his wife tries to boss him around. She gets a good spanking over his knee at the end of the episode.

The final episode of Season 2, has John Ireland guest starring and even has an appearance by Geoffrey Walcott. The last couple of episode were without Eric Fleming, with Rowdy doing the, "Head 'em up, move 'em out" call and Wishbone doing it in the last episode.

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2011, 08:29:56 PM »

I've finally sent for Season One. (Yes, I've avoided acquiring any Rawhide DVDs until now.)

If it comes in time ... I'll be able to join you for the "Rawhide Movie Night" next Sunday! :)
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2011, 07:01:31 AM »

I do hope you get it in time to join us KC.  :)    I am still waiting for season 5 to be sent from Ezydvd Australia.  It is still out of stock.  :(
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2011, 10:05:17 AM »

Season 5 came today and I notice from the Ezydvd web site that season 6 can now be pre-ordered.  :)
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2011, 02:48:26 PM »

It's been a while but I just watched "Incident of the Tumbleweed"  for the 2nd time. 8)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2011, 02:49:31 PM »

It's been a while but I just watched "Incident of the Tumbleweed"  for the 2nd time. 8)

Me too. :D

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2011, 03:00:24 PM »

I watched it for the 4th time I think.
Elizabeth77
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2011, 03:17:21 PM »

Me, too.  :)

I'm really going to have to break down and buy Season 1 so I can watch the rest of them as I have time.  Competition for the two copies that my library system holds is pretty keen and I'm not here in the summer when there are fewer library patrons about.

"Thought I was having trouble with my adding.  It's all right now."
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2011, 03:24:43 PM »

I'm really going to have to break down and buy Season 1 so I can watch the rest of them as I have time.  Competition for the two copies that my library system holds is pretty keen and I'm not here in the summer when there are fewer library patrons about.

You won't regret it, E77.

I just started watching season 3 on the weekend and still have season 4 & 5 sitting on my shelf with season 6 coming out next month. I just love sitting down somedays while having lunch to watch an episode. It's the first time I've ever seen these shows so it's like they're brand new not 50 years old! :o

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2011, 02:27:30 AM »

It's the first time I've ever seen these shows so it's like they're brand new not 50 years old! :o

50 years old!  That is so scary SK.  I saw them the first time around.  I still love watching them and they seem so natural in black and white.   I have pre-ordered season 6 with Ezydvd.  Only two seasons left.  Like you SK I will watch a couple of episodes when I have a little time to spare, like doing the ironing or hand sewing.  :)
herofan

View Profile Email
« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2011, 06:16:20 PM »

I'm into the first few episodes of season 5 now and notice they are using plots where everyone is near the cattle drive again.  I've noticed that Favor gets upset a lot and gets that high pitched voice that is a bit annoying.  In "Prodigal Son," a young boy shoves him from behind and Favor practically "went off".  That's a very different personality from the other leading western characters of the time, which is fine, but I didn't notice it so much in earlier seasons.

I also notice he wears a rather homely looking hat by now; it even has a small tear on the front of the brim.  It's a version of the hat he always wore, but rather sad looking.

But hey, I still love the show and watch whenever I can.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 06:19:53 PM by herofan » Logged
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2011, 12:15:15 AM »

I've noticed that Favor gets upset a lot and gets that high pitched voice that is a bit annoying.

Yeah, I've noticed that too. Rowdy and Wishbone seem to take turns in cooling him down but I suppose he is missing his daughters and that would be in the back of his mind.

Your right, I still love watching the show too.
Southern cat
Member Extraordinaire

The Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2011, 12:23:55 AM »

Just watched "Incident of the Pale Rider", spooky episode. :o
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2011, 01:53:58 AM »

Just watched "Incident of the Pale Rider", spooky episode. :o

I wonder if that episode stayed in Clint's mind for later?   
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T