News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Rawhide" episode discussion  (Read 70523 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #160 on: February 05, 2012, 01:25:12 AM »

I wonder if Clint would've have used him in his films like Paul Brinegar popping up in High Plains Drifter and Sheb Wooley in Josey Wales?

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #161 on: February 05, 2012, 02:58:40 AM »

I've been trying to do a bit of research on Mr Fleming but without much success... he seems to be
A bit of a man of mystery. An unhappy childhood, drifter, nasty accident to his face that required plastic surgery.Not married, no kids. There's some question as to why he left Rawhide so abruptly.
The circumstances surrounding his death are fairly well documented but what happened to his remains is a little murky.
He was apparently due to be married upon his return from filming in Peru which makes his passing that much sadder.
Seven years is a long time to work closely with someone.. But I guess if he and Eastwood had been at all close we'd have
Heard about it.

Rawhide runs every day here and I'm gonna make an effort to watch more of them. Some quite unexpectedly quirky little
Stories make it interesting along with some pretty cool co stars.

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #162 on: February 05, 2012, 10:15:47 AM »

I wonder what he woulda make of Eastwoods later success. I find him quite watchable in Rawhide.
I was just curious, considering how many years they worked together how well they got on..

I get the feeling, from other sources as well, that they weren't especially close, though Clint certainly got a shock when he heard about Fleming's accidental death on a film shoot in Peru, in 1966.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2012, 10:20:07 AM »

Today's episode. Incident of the Druid Curse.

Bit of a strange one.

Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #164 on: February 10, 2012, 08:19:32 AM »

Some of them seem to have an almost Twighlight Zone feel to them.

Bit sad to find out that Clint is possibly the only surviving cast member (if the actor who played Hey Soos is no longer
With us  :(

antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #165 on: February 12, 2012, 11:30:52 AM »

Just saw season 7 episode called "Canliss" directed by Jack Arnold and starring Dean Martin (as a famous gunfighter trying to retire after one last mission) & Ramon Novarro.One of the best in the series.Could easily stand as a B movie.Unfortunately no Clint.

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #166 on: March 03, 2012, 08:17:01 AM »

I've been watching quite a few episodes recently and finding them strangely quite addictive.
This week we've had murder steers and music boxes...  :)

Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #167 on: March 08, 2012, 10:04:37 AM »

Another weird one today. "Incident of the Garden of Eden" featuring lots of London folk (some abysmal accents)
Gregory Wallcott and Clint having fun dressing for dinner...  ;D

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #168 on: April 22, 2012, 11:56:15 PM »

Just watched the season 5 episode Incident Of The Married Widow.

Clint gets to tickle the ivories and sing!!!!

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #169 on: May 31, 2012, 06:55:17 PM »

Anyone know why Charles Gray left the series? He replaced Sheb Wooley and in the first few episodes he was quite prominent in the storyline and then started disappearing completely from some episodes. Towards the end of season 5 he wasn't in any episodes at all and watching the first few episodes of season 6, he is no longer in the cast.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #170 on: June 01, 2012, 12:05:38 AM »

Season Six episode, Incident at Paradise has a young Beau Bridges in the guest cast. I thought it was Jeff Bridges when he first came on screen but when I saw him without his cowboy hat on you could tell it was Beau.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #171 on: July 13, 2012, 12:33:13 AM »

A couple of good Season 6 episodes:

Incident at Confidence Creek guest stars Dick York and Barbara Eden as a couple of confidence tricksters who steal the ownership papers of the herd.

Incident Of The Death Dancer guest stars Forrest Tucker who is hunting an African Lion in the American west!!

Whistledixie

View Profile Email
« Reply #172 on: July 13, 2012, 09:52:57 AM »

Never actually saw an episode of Rawhide until this week when the first season showed up at the library, and only knew the song from the Blues Brothers...but sure up to speed now. It's really remarkable to watch Clint evolve over the course of 21 episodes, from a fairly standard 50's-style-acting portrayal of a wide-eyed kid to a squinting, less is more onscreen presence delivering glib lines, and settling into his skin to draw out the traits that were his hallmark. It was cool to see elements as early as the second episode of him wanting to settle things with a gun (although Gil does most of the showdown justice) and that in one of the final episodes he uses the "fanning" style of shot to gun someone down, slapping the hammer with his hand ala the man with no name...

A scene where I thought he'd transitioned from what he was to what he'd become was in Incident of a Burst of Evil after he returns from bringing food to the women at the commanchero camp, where he's riding along with a steely yet casual look, and Gil rides up and says "I didn't know you were back," to which Rowdy replies "I wasn't doin' no hollerin' about it..."

A flash of things to come...
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #173 on: November 27, 2012, 06:07:09 PM »

The start of Season 7 has new opening credits with metal sculptured heads of Gil, Rowdy and Wishbone and more... :-X

I wonder if they still exist? Of the three though, Paul Brinegar is the only good likeness.

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #174 on: November 27, 2012, 06:09:17 PM »

In The Enormous Fist(Season 7 Episode 2), Lee Van Cleef didn't even last 5 mins into the episode before he gets killed. :o

He turns up in the very next episode though and lasts a little longer. He is playing a different character of course from the previous episode. :D

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #175 on: November 28, 2012, 05:57:38 PM »

Just watched Incident of the Backshooter(Season 7, Episode 5). Clint episode from go to woe. It's a must see. Good plot, great acting and a few funny moments, including a sign on a side of a building that said UNDERTAKER in large letters and AND DENTIST underneath in smaller letters. ;D

Can someone confirm that a car passes along the bottom of the screen at about 5min 10sec into this episode? It's just a sunrise scene over what looks like Monument Valley, at the bottom of the screen, a trail of dust can be seen moving along at great speed.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 05:59:45 PM by The Schofield Kid » Logged

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #176 on: November 29, 2012, 05:23:44 AM »

Can someone confirm that a car passes along the bottom of the screen at about 5min 10sec into this episode? It's just a sunrise scene over what looks like Monument Valley, at the bottom of the screen, a trail of dust can be seen moving along at great speed.

Yup there is certainly something going hell for leather along the bottom of the screen. Road Runner perhaps?  ;D   It seems too fast for a car but you never know. I suppose that is dust flying up behind it.

BTW if anyone else wants to look at it you'll find the episode on disc 2 season 7.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 05:24:47 AM by Lin. » Logged
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #177 on: December 09, 2012, 10:27:39 PM »

Just watched the season 7 episode, Canliss. This guest starred Dean Martin. I read somewhere months ago that he was in an episode and had been looking forward to seeing it but it was a major disappointment. It's the Dino show. No Clint and only a couple of scenes with Gil and Wishbone. Dean Martin fans might enjoy it but I was hoping for a few scenes of him and Clint together. :(

herofan

View Profile Email
« Reply #178 on: March 06, 2013, 05:55:13 AM »

Some of them seem to have an almost Twighlight Zone feel to them.

Bit sad to find out that Clint is possibly the only surviving cast member (if the actor who played Hey Soos is no longer
With us  :(

Yes, I have often said the same thing.  Rawhide was like a cross between Twilight Zone and Star Trek.  Every week, they are in a new place that offers up it's own mystery and challenges, and those challenges often have a Twilight Zone feel, especially in the earlier seasons.  I'm currently on season 6 and not watching as regularly.  For me, the plots just don't keep me glued to the screen as much as the earlier seasons, but that may change again.  I've read that the quality of later seasons varied.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #179 on: July 21, 2014, 02:46:04 AM »

I'm finally onto the final season of Rawhide and I can see why the show got axed mid way through this year. The last couple of seasons haven't had me interested. Unfortunately the series has become stale. In fact, the last few episodes, the only thing I've been looking for are the costars.   :(

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T