News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Netflix users ???  (Read 5539 times)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2016, 03:03:49 AM »

No catch! Netflix is great, but I wound up changing my internet provider to find one that didn't charge me extra for data if I went over my allotment.  So, you might want to find out if you have unlimited data, and if not, just keep an eye on how much you use the first month.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2016, 03:11:01 AM »

We updated our internet last week to an unlimited plan so that's no problem.  8)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2016, 10:12:34 AM »

Yeah, the catch is that if you stop watching so many movies, like if you start going to the ballet all the time or something like that, you're out $9 a month forever until you get around to canceling it.

Also, I haven't been a subscriber for a few years, so I can't verify this from personal experience, but they say Netflix content shifts constantly, so you no longer have access to things you had at any given time. So in other words, you can't count on getting to see something twice.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2016, 01:53:52 PM »

Of course, the catch with the ballet is that if you go once, you have to forfeit the cash for a whole YEAR of unlimited Netflix movies.

(Oh man, I can feel the wrath already. Couldn't resist.  :-* )
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2016, 02:08:37 PM »

Of course, the catch with the ballet is that if you go once, you have to forfeit the cash for a whole YEAR of unlimited Netflix movies.

(Oh man, I can feel the wrath already. Couldn't resist.  :-* )

;D

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2016, 04:22:09 PM »

If I start to watch something and can't finish it, can I continue from that point or do I have to start from the beginning next time?

EDIT: just found out. My wife has a few shows and they popped up on screen asking if you wanted to continue.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 04:24:32 PM by The Schofield Kid » Logged

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2016, 04:29:42 PM »

It's already been mentioned about stuff constantly being added and removed from Netflix, but sometimes you can see if a show or movie will expire soon. There are also websites that will post up what's coming to and leaving Netflix every month.

I've had it for a few years now and enjoy it, though there are times I don't watch it much and, of course, you're still paying the monthly fee. But it's a great way to sample TV shows and movies that you might not otherwise see (and I've mentioned some titles earlier in this thread).
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2016, 05:13:32 PM »

Does anyone here have the DVD add-on plan? I don't, and was wondering about the selection there. It looks like $7.99 Standard/$9.99 BluRay as a separate plan for unlimited discs (one disc at a time) per month.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2016, 10:41:11 PM »

Well it didn't take long but I'm hooked on Netflix.  :)

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2016, 10:44:53 PM »

It won't take much to get your money's worth each month.  :)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2016, 01:44:14 AM »

Netflix also has an original series called "House of Cards," with Kevin Spacey, that is pretty good as well.

Just started watching this last night. I'm hooked after one episode.  O0

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2016, 08:22:01 PM »

A few months ago I started watching a few episodes of Frasier, and over the last week or so I've started watching it regularly. I think I'm going to try to get through the whole series (11 seasons). In the past I've seen some episodes but not all of them. I started watching reruns of it before the series ended, and haven't actually seen the end of it. In fact I was reading through some info about the series earlier and saw a pretty big plot development that happens later in the series that I didn't even know about!
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2016, 11:16:47 PM »

Netflix also has an original series called "House of Cards," with Kevin Spacey, that is pretty good as well.

The first season was brilliant, the second season started great but declined rapidly halfway through. The first three episodes of season three and things haven't improved much.

Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2016, 01:58:38 AM »

Two episodes into "The OA" and hooked... Quality stuff...

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2017, 03:09:32 PM »

Just finished The OA. Really enjoyed it.. Intriguing, suspenseful , full of twists and open to all kinds of interpretations... 

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2017, 03:28:17 AM »

What's the deal when searching Netflix for a film and you type in the title, it comes up and you get a little excited thinking they have the film you're looking for but in the end, all these other films come up on screen?

I was curious to see if the 2016 version of The Magnificent 7 was available and the title came up but when I clicked on it all these other western films came onscreen to choose from.

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2017, 10:51:03 AM »

It's because of their search algorithms. Google does something similar. If they don't have a result with the FIRST WORD of your search results in it, it will bring up thousands of others with the other words. At least now they've starting adding a note "Missing: [whatever it was you were really interested in]." So, you put the whole search in quotes. And now it says "No results for [your search in quotes]. Thousands of results for [your search without quotes but none of them are what you want, here you go anyway, clickie clickie, maybe one of our advertisers will get a hit.]"

In Netflix's case, it's probably saying, "Hmm, a western. We don't have that one but we'll let him think he does, then when he goes to order it we'll bring up a whole bunch of other westerns, maybe the poor sap will order one of those."
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2017, 04:43:43 PM »

The first season of House Of Cards was brilliant, the second season started great but declined rapidly halfway through. The first three episodes of season three and things haven't improved much.

I took a break from this show for a couple of months. Towards the end of season 3 things picked up again. Onto season four now.

-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2017, 11:10:25 AM »

Couple of sickdays coming up, what else to do but to watch Netflix.  :)

Just watching Heartbreak Ridge. I couldn't find it for the movie challenge, so I'm watching it now.

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2017, 11:27:02 AM »

I took a break from this show for a couple of months. Towards the end of season 3 things picked up again. Onto season four now.

I think this show is overrated and has been steadily declining in quality since the end of Season 1. Kevin Spacey is fantastic but it's incredibly unrealistic and often quite exaggerated. The last season was the worst yet. A whole season focusing on the Underwood marriage? No thank you!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T