News: See Eastwood's latest, THE 15:17 TO PARIS, coming on DVD May 22!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Netflix users ???  (Read 8984 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2017, 01:53:06 PM »

The last season was the worst yet.

Really!!

I still have a few episodes left but I've really enjoyed it. The assassination attempt and now all the backstabbing going on to get his wife as Vice President has kept me interested again.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2017, 03:46:10 PM »

Glad you are enjoying it. I think it's kind of a ridiculous idea to choose your own wife as a Vice Presidential candidate. Talk about a conflict of interest!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2017, 07:36:51 PM »

Maybe no more ridiculous than choosing your son-in-law as your top advisor. ;)
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2017, 11:26:55 AM »

Good point KC!
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2017, 05:46:00 PM »

Just started on "Stranger Things"
Massive 80's vibe.... Promising

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2017, 11:58:05 PM »

The Discovery starring Robert Redford..

Bit confusing at times but not bad..

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2017, 06:38:32 AM »

A few months ago I started watching a few episodes of Frasier, and over the last week or so I've started watching it regularly. I think I'm going to try to get through the whole series (11 seasons). In the past I've seen some episodes but not all of them. I started watching reruns of it before the series ended, and haven't actually seen the end of it. In fact I was reading through some info about the series earlier and saw a pretty big plot development that happens later in the series that I didn't even know about!
I'm currently in season 9 of Frasier. 8) By this point I can place it as one of my favorite sitcoms.

Netflix recently added The Real Ghostbusters cartoon that started in 1986. I remember watching it as a kid, and have watched the first two episodes. So fun to revisit childhood stuff! ;D
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2017, 05:43:18 PM »

Just started on "Stranger Things"
Massive 80's vibe.... Promising
We loved Stranger Things!

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2017, 12:52:40 AM »

Yeah, me too... season 2 just about to start..

Im also enjoying Mindhunter..

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2017, 04:58:05 AM »

Haters Back Off season 2 is now up on Netflix. I enjoyed the first season. I think that's the only Netflix original series I've watched so far.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2017, 12:22:01 AM »

Mindhunter is great... Perfectly captures the era where many other shows and movies fail. Great cast and interesting story threads..
 I have to admit,  I'm binging it

« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 12:47:43 AM by Gant » Logged

Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2017, 12:50:14 AM »

Im also really enjoying Star Trek Discovery..

Visuals are a bit flashy but cast and stories are strong.. so far

Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2017, 04:05:06 PM »

Watched Mudbound tonight... Very powerful film with very strong performances from everyone involved....
I reckon this could be in with an oscar shout...

Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2017, 09:04:16 AM »

Binging on Black Mirror here on Netflix this Christmas.. very dark and awesome viewing..

« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 09:05:25 AM by Gant » Logged

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2018, 05:21:41 AM »

I just started watching Stranger Things over the weekend. It's been recommended to me by a few people. I'm only about five episodes in and I'm enjoying it.

I watched the first season of Everything Sucks the other week as well. It's about high school kids in 1996. It does seem to be influenced by Stranger Things in some ways, minus all the thriller stuff, of course.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2018, 10:14:23 PM »

Anyone watch this? The best part is the riveting performance by Paul Bettany as Ted Kaczynski. The script isn't perfect -- there's some really cliched writing in the FBI agent scenes, but when it comes to how they wrote Kaczynski, it's gold. The script allows him to be relatable, but not a sympathetic character.  That straddles a very thin line, and they do it well.  In an episode just simply titled "Ted", they humanize him even more -- evident by the title that doesn't hold the venom and disgust of his full name that's been known to us for the past 20+ years. In that episode, he's just Ted.  They show how a brilliant mind was irrevocably damaged by a brutal multi-year Harvard Psychological Study of which he was a test subject. Just when you start to feel sorry for him -- they come back to his victims and his crimes to remind you that he doesn't deserve any sympathy.

This is a really great 8 episode mini-series that's worth watching, especially if you like psychological dramas.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2018, 11:27:26 PM »

American Crime Story:  The People v OJ Simpson

This 10 episode series has a fantastic ensemble cast that makes this over-televised story worth spending yet another ten hours on. Although Cuba Gooding Jr's performance was alright, I could never really see him as OJ Simpson.  OJ was a very charismatic man of huge stature, both literally and figuratively, and Gooding can't bring that magnitude across.  Fortunately, he has a very strong cast around him so it's not that big a deal that he doesn't resemble OJ at all.  The physical resemblance of the rest of the cast to the characters they portray is pretty remarkable, especially Sarah Paulson as Marcia Clark, Courtney B. Vance as Johnnie Cochran, Sterling K. Brown as Christopher Darden, they even nailed Lance Ito (Kenneth Choi) and Fred Goldman (Joseph Siravo). When Googling images of the series, you have to look close, because mixed in with the results are images from the actual trial, and The People v OJ Simpson's courtroom, actors, lighting -- everything -- is all so similar:

It's also interesting to revisit the racial divide this trial caused as well.  I can't think of another subject that is viewed so differently by Whites and African Americans than OJ Simpson's guilt or innocence. I remember struggling with the verdict back in the day; it shook my belief in the court system. There was a lot of disbelief and anger -- not only seeing him walk, but the joy that we witnessed that was televised following that verdict as the cameras showed the dancing in the streets that was juxtaposed with images of Fred Goldman and his daughter weeping. To this day -- that divide on Simpson's guilt or innocence is still there.

I'll be watching Season 2 Versace soon. Although I know of that story, I don't know it nearly as well as the OJ Simpson trial, so it should be worthwhile.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2018, 11:58:58 PM »

Fargo

Just finished season 2 of Fargo.. Very good, thoroughly enjoyed it..

AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2018, 06:54:49 AM »

I've seen the People v. O.J. Simpson, which I initially had no interest in, but when it got such fantastic reviews, I decided to watch it. I agree with Matt that it is really well done. I also agree with Matt that Cuba Gooding Jr. was miscast as O.J. He just wasn't capable, either physically or emotionally, of being as cold, imposing and intimidating as O.J. was.

I am currently on Season 11 of Cheers. I am really enjoying it. Its a really likable and entertaining show, and it's fascinating to me that almost all the scenes happen in a single location, the bar! I am also a big fan of the show Frasier, and to me it's interesting to see his development as a character between the two shows, and how different the original Frasier of Cheers was to the later incarnation. 

Anyone else here fans of the show? I like the seasons with Diane Chambers (Shelley Long) better than the ones with Rebecca Howe (Kirstie Alley). What about everyone else?
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2018, 11:39:19 PM »

I never really saw much of Cheers... There was a fairly long part of my younger life when I didn't own a tv or would've ever been indoors long enough to watch one eve if I'd had one.
But I did see quite a lot of Fraiser and always enjoyed it.... (At least until... I won't say, don't wanna spoil it for you)
I loved that apartment, and thought the writing sharp and funny...

Ted Danson has quite a large part in Fargo season two..

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T